Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1441132 times)

Offline gorge441

• Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2725 on: July 09, 2020, 07:57:56 am »
Hi everbody, I am Joshua from Indonesia. I am a hobbyist. I've been reading this forum for some time now, but only signed up just now.
Welcome to eev family! We're glad to have you on board.

The following users thanked this post: old-jo

Offline gorge441

• Contributor
« Reply #2726 on: July 12, 2020, 11:16:41 am »
Welcome to the EEV family @mttee2.

Offline samadamsuk

« Reply #2727 on: July 12, 2020, 09:33:50 pm »
Hi All,

Sam here - I'm from the UK. I am completely at the starting blocks with electronics! I had a couple of books since I was a kid, kept diving into them every decade then finding the math too hard/not intuitive. I finally overcame this a week or so ago by simulide for Linux and plotting out 555 timer/resistance capacitor circuits then peppering them with virtual voltmeters and amperemeters to work out what was going on. So here I am! I'm mindful that to stay interested I need to find projects that have some real world use for me, and so being an ammeter weather geek, I slowly want to flesh out a DIY weather station that can report via a html page connected to wifi.
Not really interested in using pre made circuits/Arduino etc - any advice on where to start/how to think & structure what I'm doing would be very welcome! :)

Sam

Offline sigma440

« Reply #2728 on: July 14, 2020, 10:17:24 am »
Greetings everyone!

My name's Ben and I'm currently in lovely southeastern Michigan, USA. Haven't had any formal training in electronics since a single semester of ECE about 10 years ago, but I tinker a bit and enjoy learning. I've actually been browsing this forum for a while now and it's been quite a valuable source of interesting info on all things electronic. I realized that I never actually made a profile so I decided it was high time to correct that.

Good to be here!

Offline samadamsuk

« Reply #2729 on: July 18, 2020, 03:53:23 pm »
Welcome! :)

Offline CoolePascal

« Reply #2730 on: July 20, 2020, 12:17:10 pm »
Hi from the south of the Netherlands,  background in aviation, ict (unix/linux) and currently embedded engineer.
Fond of fpga's, microcontrollers, dsp, sdr and playing a whole bunch of musical instruments.
Being a licenced ham on this forum is probarly common.

Offline mario5000

« Reply #2731 on: July 20, 2020, 02:29:49 pm »
Hello from Greece. My name is Mario i'm Electronics Eng. but i work as a Technician (here in Greece the things are difficult) over 4years and i repair usually boards from consuming devices like washing machines, refrigerators, air conditions and some times cellphones, pc, tablets, etc. I start as enthusiast at the age of 7? (cannot remember) when i made my first circuit.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 02:43:25 pm by mario5000 »

Offline stefan_trekkie

• Contributor
« Reply #2732 on: July 20, 2020, 06:55:12 pm »
 :scared:
Hello from Greece. My name is Mario i'm Electronics Eng. but i work as a Technician (here in Greece the things are difficult) over 4years and i repair usually boards from consuming devices like washing machines, refrigerators, air conditions and some times cellphones, pc, tablets, etc. I start as enthusiast at the age of 7? (cannot remember) when i made my first circuit.

Hello neighbor. Similar here. The curious thing is that i was for some time in Greece company, working on automation, plcs, industrial stuff .. But they had taken the machines back to Greece last year. After that i had information that they need more people for the same machines and had offer me to go there.. 500 km, it's not that long of a ride.. But stupid me  :-//

Offline blackbird

• Regular Contributor
  • Ooohhhh, what does this button do???
« Reply #2733 on: July 21, 2020, 12:13:31 pm »
Hi from the south of the Netherlands,  background in aviation, ict (unix/linux) and currently embedded engineer.
Fond of fpga's, microcontrollers, dsp, sdr and playing a whole bunch of musical instruments.
Being a licenced ham on this forum is probarly common.

Welcome on this forum Pascal. Apart from playing musical instruments my background is comparable to yours, i.e. aviation, unix/linux, embedded engineer and ham.... ;)

The following users thanked this post: mario5000

Offline EngineerTheVoid

« Reply #2734 on: July 22, 2020, 07:18:43 pm »
Hello everyone! My name is Kyle and I'm from Los Angeles, CA. 

I am currently studying Electrical Engineering at a local university.  I have work experience and a deep interest in control systems and industrial automation.  I also mess around with programming, 3D printing, Raspberry Pi's and computers. 

I look forward to meeting you all and learning even more!  :-+

Offline abumbalough21

• austin.bumbalough.xyz
« Reply #2735 on: July 22, 2020, 08:40:52 pm »
Hi everyone, my name's Austin! I live in the U.S. and I'm a senior EE student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. I'm passionate about music, having played drums since I was 10 years old, and tinkering with audio gear is what got me interested in electronics. I hope to one day work for an audio electronics company doing hardware design and maybe even write some embedded firmware while I'm at it. My other interests include reading about psychedelia, discovering new music, playing disc golf, and linux computing.

Feel free to reach me on the web at my personal site, https://austin.bumbalough.xyz

Offline MuhScopeBroke

• Contributor
« Reply #2736 on: July 24, 2020, 05:53:11 pm »
Hello EEVblog, just an EE student look to observe our odd engineering community. General Chat is crazy to read so I needed an account to add to the chaos  :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

Offline gorge441

• Contributor
« Reply #2737 on: July 25, 2020, 11:21:55 am »
Warm welcome...

Offline NinoScript

« Reply #2738 on: July 27, 2020, 05:28:01 am »
Hello! I'm Cristián, I live in Chile, I have a degree in Computer Engineering, but I have not worked with electronics since college.
All my jobs have been in Software Engineering, but now I want to get back to electronics, at least as a hobby.

The most exciting electronics projects I've done in the past have been:
  • Solving a puzzle with a line follower robot using software PID controller to follow the line smoothly.
  • Levitating magnet with analog PID controller.
  • "Tennis for Two" clone (a very very old tennis game for oscilloscopes) using an analog computer (op-amp integrators) to simulate the physics of a bouncing ball.

I don't really remember the math nor the electronics well enough to build these projects again (except for the software parts), so my current goal is to replicate those projects before I move on to new things.

Offline ZoeScott

« Reply #2739 on: July 27, 2020, 11:22:06 am »
hey there, I'm also new, just planning to become ee student, wanna observe threads in here and join some discussions, probably))

Offline leet

« Reply #2740 on: July 27, 2020, 03:44:18 pm »
Hello, I'm Mustapha, a semi retired Electronics Design Engineer after 25+ years in the business.
Located in Kualulumpur.

Offline gorge441

• Contributor
« Reply #2741 on: July 28, 2020, 06:50:42 pm »
Welcome to the community guys.
Nice to meet you.

Offline yasha02

« Reply #2742 on: July 29, 2020, 05:02:49 am »
Hello, I am Yasha from SF. Here is the link to my site https://scientificthinking.org/

Offline chinoy

• Regular Contributor
    • RDDreams
« Reply #2743 on: August 12, 2020, 08:56:20 pm »
I am Ron Chinoy from Bangalore India.
I build automotive digital Ignitions and AFR meters.

Electronics started out as a hobby. 20 year back.
Good thoughts, Good deeds, Good words.
All the religion you need in life.

Offline entroqy

« Reply #2744 on: August 19, 2020, 04:10:49 am »
Yo...
I'm G, currently an electrical engineering student at CSUS.
For now just learning it all, no specialty yet.
Nice to meet you.

Offline WildCamper

« Reply #2745 on: August 21, 2020, 09:24:57 am »
Hi, i'm Tobey and im from the Lake District, England.

I'm purely a hobbyist (I work with wood as a day job) at electronics who is returning after a large break.
My current project is a mechanical keyboard build (Lily58PRO) so i've had to learn all about SMD work as all my old projects were THT stuff. I went looking on the font of all knowledge (Youtube  ;) ) and discovered Dave and his amazing channel. Naturally i had to join this forum after seeing some of his stuff!
Only known about the guy for a few days and im already a fanboy haha

I recently assembled my 1st SMD practise kit with variable quality results so would like to practise more before the main event but otherwise i think i get the gist (big thanks to EEVBLOG for this)

Anyway, thanks for having me!
Tobey

p.s Spent last Friday teaching my 13yr old son how to solder so getting the next gen into it too!

Offline alexnoot

• Contributor
« Reply #2746 on: August 25, 2020, 06:27:14 pm »
Hey everyone, Alex here.

I'm an electrician, but I love everything techy, especially if it can be taken apart and played around with. I have a general knowledge about electronics, but I want to learn more and expand my horizon!

The following users thanked this post: RoGeorge, bdunham7

Offline crj.guy

« Reply #2747 on: September 02, 2020, 08:34:53 am »
Hello to the EEVBlog community.  I'm the FNG here, Im located in Arizona and I'm an Aircraft Mechanic with a love of electronics.  I live for avionic issues on my planes.  Anyway I have a question for anyone who can help me.  I have a mini electronics lab at my home all with used equipment but fully functional, I have an Agilent 54622a oscilloscope and a Fluke 8845a DMM.  The DMM is what brings me here, I want to replace the display as its brightness is poor and its very burnt in.  As i said all my gear is old and very used but functional and accurate.  So is there a new display out there I can buy and install?  Also do you guy's have any recommendations of other parts I should replace in my Fluke, I figure since i'm going for a deep dive I might as well do as much as I can to give it a new lease on life.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2748 on: September 02, 2020, 09:07:22 am »
Hello to the EEVBlog community.  I'm the FNG here, Im located in Arizona and I'm an Aircraft Mechanic with a love of electronics.  I live for avionic issues on my planes.  Anyway I have a question for anyone who can help me.  I have a mini electronics lab at my home all with used equipment but fully functional, I have an Agilent 54622a oscilloscope and a Fluke 8845a DMM.  The DMM is what brings me here, I want to replace the display as its brightness is poor and its very burnt in.  As i said all my gear is old and very used but functional and accurate.  So is there a new display out there I can buy and install?  Also do you guy's have any recommendations of other parts I should replace in my Fluke, I figure since i'm going for a deep dive I might as well do as much as I can to give it a new lease on life.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Welcome to the forum.

Use the Search button (not the box) and drop Fluke 8845a into the search field and you'll get plenty of hits of threads on their repair.
Good hunting and luck.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline godmodder

« Reply #2749 on: September 02, 2020, 02:04:53 pm »
Hi! I'm Jeroen from Belgium and I enjoy learning about electronics. I'm a computer scientist, but hope to broaden my horizons a bit with some hardware knowledge  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf