Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1440846 times)

Offline Poty

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2775 on: December 10, 2020, 02:24:49 pm »
Hello. My nick is Poty (not related, at least in my country). I`m an advanced hobbyst, and starting to deveop some commercial applications on electronics, mostly microprocessing ones. Senior progammer, C, PHP and a few other languages, but always learning something new, in all topics.
Nice to meet you.

Regards.
You can't have your cake and eat it too... except if you do.

Offline jfitzgerald

« Reply #2776 on: December 24, 2020, 04:44:42 pm »
Hello all!   I recently discovered Dave's YouTube channel so though I would join in the fun here.   

I have fooling around with electronics and ham radio since I was i kid in the late 70's.   Professionally I have had some sort of factory floor adjacent to my office, but recently I find myself writing software to control electric grids around the world.   Fun stuff, but not at all hands on.   So I need to get that out of my system at home in the radio shack.   I have a bunch of projects to finish including a broken TDS 420A scope, an Analog Devices ADALM-PLUTO SDR to play with and then some.

- Joe KM1P

Offline DH7DN

• Regular Contributor
    • DH7DN Blog
« Reply #2777 on: December 31, 2020, 03:18:39 am »
Hi everyone! My name is Denis and I'm from Germany.

I'm an (physics) engineer in a calibration lab but I consider myself as an electronics novice. I'd like to learn more about test gear, repairs, metrology and precision measurements in the next couple of years. I'm also a ham radio operator (on hiatus) but I'd like to reignite the hobby in 2021.

I was hesitating doing electronics as a hobby but it was always frustrating watching others doing interesting stuff and projects instead of doing my own projects. Few months ago I decided to build my own Lab/Workspace where I can tinker and do my own experiments.

I've been following Dave's YouTube Channel for like 10 years now but never registered to his forum. He and Shahriar from TheSignalPath really inspired me to give it a try.

So let's see what 2021+ will bring and happy New Year everyone! :-)
vy 73 de DH7DN, My Blog

Offline pnoud

• Supporter
« Reply #2778 on: January 06, 2021, 05:26:56 am »
Hello from the US.  I work in the tech industry and spend my days with my head in the clouds so I have an interest in what happens closer to the metal.  I found the Youtube channel a few years ago and have enjoyed following along.  I just recently moved to a place with a garage so I picked up the Ben Eater 8bit CPU kit to actually do something electronics-y and as an excuse to build out a home lab.

Offline Ph00bz

« Reply #2779 on: January 06, 2021, 10:37:44 pm »
Hi from Australia! I'm studying electrical engineering, I signed up mainly for the wealth of info on here   :-+

Cheers

Offline hvna

• Contributor
« Reply #2780 on: January 10, 2021, 07:04:10 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm a student of electrical engineering in my second year at the University of Central Florida. Currently living in Ireland to avoid all the craziness in the US. Just came here because I've been watching the EEVblog youtube for a few years and never actually made an account on the forum, just lurked. Anyways, nice to meet everyone!

Offline 450bush

« Reply #2781 on: January 11, 2021, 05:04:21 pm »
Hi Everyone!

New member from US... I am a Electrical Engineer, however my career went to the management side 10+ years ago... slowing getting back to the electronics hobby.

Offline ElectroXa

« Reply #2782 on: January 12, 2021, 12:51:23 pm »
Hello everyone  :D

Another new member from France
I have not yet a job, as I am still into the studies (1st year out of the 5 years of electronics engineer), and I'm 19 years old.
I'm doing electronics since 10-11 years, as I began with electronics toy / kits when I was 8-9
I'm also doing high voltage hobby since 2 years, especially with ZVS flyback, voltage multipliers, and oil transformers.

I come here to discuss about electronics, after lurking this forum for ~ 1year, as electronics is  my main hobby

Offline Sivad87

« Reply #2783 on: January 12, 2021, 09:58:36 pm »
Hello EEV Blog  :D My name is Ryan from the US ( <--- please dont hold that against me w/ current affairs)  :-DD

Very long time electronics learner with a crazy journey thus far. Well lets see, Ive been around electronics since the analog era into the digital. Maybe not as much as some of the "veteran", "seasoned", or old timers but I remember MS DOS and floppy drives well  :-DD

I have been subscribed to EEVBlog since 17NOV2016 and used to fall asleep catching up on all videos he had from then on. I haven't been as faithful lately (sorry) but that I've finally been able to get back into school now and finish my engineering technology degree with a concentration in electrical and currently a senior completing my first Bachelors.

After nearly 10 years in the auto industry working on repairing 12v dc systems it really got me interested in engineering as well. Hoping to be finished sometime 2021 with my BS. This is a complete change in direction for me since previously it was auto specific electrical repair and diagnosis which lead to a great deal of knowledge on both electrical and mechanical systems but between that and military experience operating 24v dc systems in trucks and radios as well (They didn't let us tinker much, pull and replace faulty stuff, never teardown) I'm ready for the next step.

Honestly I keep forgetting the forum exists and is SO CRAZY PACKED with great information and people. This is me getting back into social settings and forums again ( >:D) and with my career moving forward and such a change from auto repair to engineering I'm sure I will have plenty of questions that will eventually lead into help for others :)

Currently I am a student worker for my university and operate the electronics lab for our students as well as tutor some of the lower classes and currently preparing to finish communication and microcontroller classes this spring.

Future goals, I would love to work with one of the front line companies in the industry but we will see where the road takes me. Hopefully not just to the local air conditioner factory  :-X

Offline sarge

• Contributor
  • If humans can make it, humans can break it.
« Reply #2784 on: January 17, 2021, 01:28:59 pm »
Just a quick hello in the forums, here, wouldn't hurt; Go by 'sarge' here, but under a different alias in the IRC channels. Have been part of the IRC channels for quite some time, yet signed up for this account some time ago, and haven't really posted anything until now.

Worked on aircraft avionics in the past, nowadays into ham radio, electronics in general, programming, networking, etc; This list keeps expanding, as according to my friend, I'm really crazy when it comes to this sh*t. Yes, that's singular, people suck here in the US, so I keep that friend list to a minimum. No formal education, other than the military.

Cheers.

Offline michael@metgen.tech

• Contributor
« Reply #2785 on: January 18, 2021, 06:21:12 am »
Mike from Tokyo. Enjoying hobby electronics. Really getting into PSoCs and home automation.

Thanks!

Offline AlessandroHull

« Reply #2786 on: January 18, 2021, 08:48:15 pm »
Hello to everyone! My name is Alessandro, I am 19 and I am currently in university for audio engineering, and just started learning electronics... (about half a year ago). I started because i want to build my own modular synthesizer, and now working towards general audio equipment electronics... so yeah huge noob here! Living in tuscany for now. That's all for now... toodles!

Offline tumblebomb

« Reply #2787 on: January 26, 2021, 09:04:00 pm »
Hi Folks,  New guy from Scotland here. I did study electronics a bit at Uni, but never got too deep. I always did hobby with it on & off (Mum taught me to solder when I was little lol) but now trying to get started again. I work in IT and enjoy a bit of coding. I enjoy the youtube videos as I can still mostly understand whats being discussed but my practical knowledge is pretty lacking.

Offline MuhScopeBroke

• Contributor
« Reply #2788 on: January 27, 2021, 02:06:46 pm »
Hello! I'm an EE student in Pittsburgh and a long time lurker of the forum. The stuff that's posted in general is hilarious and I want to contribute. Maybe talk about electronics too...

Offline 9a6aag

• Contributor
« Reply #2789 on: January 27, 2021, 02:43:52 pm »
Hello from Croatia, Vlad, 40+,  from Karlovac city, live in Zagreb, ham radio 9a6aag as my profile nick as well, doing some electronics in UPS domain mostly, chargers and power supplies, but always and still learning, got interest in repairing BMS and PMC for small golf cars...like Textron;Cushman, EzGo, Melex...etc...

PS: if anyone visits Croatia during summer time on motorcycle (road or off road, i am doing it both), just give me a wink so i can give the tips or even be a tour guide around for best curvy roads and landscapes around the country ;)

Offline Gentlegiant

• Contributor
« Reply #2790 on: January 31, 2021, 03:47:14 am »
Hi guys! Happy to be here :)

I was a student in electronics for 2 and a half years, but dumped all my classes 6 months away from my diploma. I needed to live life on my own for a while, school was killing me from the inside. Fast forward 2 years, during which I didn't touch anything electronics related (I was working on film and tv show sets, but nothing you've heard about), and here I am now, a professional electronics technician...

I buy broken stuff, fix it and resell it for a profit! I've been doing this for a couple months and I'm having the time of my life. I don't make a ton of money doing this, but I make more than enough and I love doing it, and that's what matters the most to me. The feeling of pure bliss when you finally find what was causing that darn problem and fixing it is very addictive... much more than sitting in a class listening to someone talk about capacitors for 3 hours :D

I am here to learn, and eventually to help once I get good enough!

See you around ;)

Offline Ctrd00

« Reply #2791 on: February 01, 2021, 06:33:42 pm »
Greetings! I'm a software engineer from Santiago, Chile, dabbing into hardware and electronics as a hobby.  :-+

I began with Arduinos, Rasperry Pis and that sort of thing, and now I'm continuing to learn more and more about electronics and electricity in general, trying to understand how my software works from the electron level! I'm also a tinkerer by heart so I love to build stuff, repair, or just crack open devices and poke them with my oscilloscope and  multimeter. I've been watching EEVBlog for a while in Youtube but now it's my first time posting in the forums. So hello!  :D

Offline hmscott

« Reply #2792 on: February 08, 2021, 03:37:57 pm »
Hi everybody!, I'm hmscott - from the San Francisco Bay Area!

I started in electronics when I was 8 or so, got my Amateur Novice license when I was 12, and then General 2 years later.  Currently lapsed, but getting back into it now that I am "retired", actually disabled.  Can't get around like I used to, so back into my hobbies: Hifi listening, Radio - SWL now, Ham relicense later, RC vehicles, and Test Equipment.

Now I want to get back to my roots and enjoy some hands on electronics project building supporting my radio, RC, hifi hobbies.  I also bought the EEVBlog BM768 here yesterday, and of course I've been watching Dave for many years on YouTube.

I'm happy to be a new member of the EEVBlog.  :-+
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 02:00:43 pm by hmscott »

Offline CherryDT

• Contributor
« Reply #2793 on: February 09, 2021, 10:04:17 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm David "Cherry" Trapp, 28yo self-employed software developer from Austria, I was always into electronics and other technical stuff - in school I built robots and display boards that show our lesson schedule and its changes and things like that. I've been watching EEVBlog videos and supporting Dave on Patreon for many years now, but since I didn't do much with hobby electronics in the recent years and focused more on my main profession (although I definitely want to pick it up again) I rarely looked into the forums.

Offline Antares

« Reply #2794 on: February 18, 2021, 08:53:05 pm »
Hello everyone,
I am a medico from Oz.
Finally getting to do and learn about real evidence-based science. Have been following Dave's YT channel for a while and become really envious of his dumpster-digging abilities. Lurked here recently and been amazed at the depth of knowledge, as well as the generosity of the posters.
Look forward to learning lots and, hopefully, contributing.

Offline esinior

« Reply #2795 on: February 21, 2021, 06:16:16 am »
hi
this forum act very weak despite it's universality, it has no room and way to resolve users problems and all of the pages translate automatically for me despite i don't want this, i'm so sorry why such a site should have such this defects

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2796 on: February 21, 2021, 06:48:05 am »
hi
this forum act very weak despite it's universality, it has no room and way to resolve users problems and all of the pages translate automatically for me despite i don't want this, i'm so sorry why such a site should have such this defects
Welcome to the forum.

Use a browser with a translate feature.
Google Chrome can accommodate for other languages just fine.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline esinior

« Reply #2797 on: February 21, 2021, 07:15:35 pm »
do you really read my post? i said i don't want to eevblog.com auto translate pages from english, not translating to other languages

Offline SixAB

« Reply #2798 on: February 21, 2021, 08:11:21 pm »
I just realised that I hadn't posted an introduction as my first post, so here it is  :)

I started out in embedded development years back, both hardware and software. Fairly simple devices, temperature controllers, burglar alarm control panels, etc. all of which are very much mundane now, but at the time were state-of-the-art.

Unfortunately, a move to a new city put an end to my embedded career as all I could find was more traditional corporate type software jobs. For a few years, I managed to find a bit of embedded consulting on the side, but not enough to make a switch to it as a full-time career, and slowly as the years went by with a family to raise, I drifted away from software completely into a completely different career.

I have recently renewed my interest in embedded engineering, the landscape has changed in so many ways that there is so much more to learn, Arduinos, Rasberry Pi's etc. But in some ways, things haven't changed that much, just smaller and faster, I am amazed at just how much more has been integrated into a single device when I compare the then state-of-the-art Pic16F87 with a few KB of eeprom and 256 bytes of ram to the Pic32 devices available today in yet even smaller packages.

Browsing this forum has been a fantastic resource,
Thanks,
Six

Offline StaticPopcorn

« Reply #2799 on: February 22, 2021, 06:09:29 pm »
Good day everyone,

I have been a long lurker in this forum for the past year or so. Today, I finally decided to formally join as I have a lot of questions and things I would like to show.

I am a Physics Grad student with a hobby/minor on electronics. I am doing a lot of electronics related research related to SiPMs and their usage in Physics. I am in my heart a volt nut but I lack the resources to do so.

My experience with electronics goes as low as analog circuitry, to high level as FPGA. You name it and I have tried it (except RF that’s black magic for me)

Hopefully you will see more of me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf