Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1443112 times)

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2825 on: June 25, 2021, 06:59:06 am »
Hi everyone, hope you are well. Just found this, but I don't see where new members post, this post is by way of 'reply' (using cellphone/Android).
   Started using EEVBLOG for typical reasons, career growth / exploration. But I also have some wounds to lick, where a commercial tech product line (start-up research) did not 'fly'. That was in an 'EDUCATIONAL' genera, meaning that I might (have had) best results by handing project off (selling after developing).
  Aside from Computer Science Educational, I have interests in general 'pulse operated' low level stuff, such as novel BUS definitions.
   Lately, I enjoy EEVBLOG even more: Especially the coverage on 'AI Accelerator' (See FSD post on Tesla computer, Technical Section)
-- Rick B. in Hayward, CA

Offline szszoke

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2826 on: June 25, 2021, 09:41:17 am »
Hey!

I'm 26 years old and I'm a self-taught software engineer.

Electronics and music is my hobby but I'm also really into single player games, like the Witcher, Mass Effect, Halo, Tomb Raider.

Electronics is my longest lasting hobby, I had it pretty much since I was a young child. Back then I wanted to become a TV repair-technician.

I also had an on again, off again relationship with it depending on what my day job was and how much time I had left at the end of the day.

In the recent years I moved to Sweden where I was able to make a comfortable life with my software engineering experience while also gaining more.

When the pandemic hit I started to work from home exclusively, which meant a lot more free time at my hands after I was done with work. I didn't have to waste time on commuting anymore.

I started working on a pedal for my guitar pedalboard, which is mostly done!

I also realized that it is time to dust down my math knowledge, take all those snippets of knowledge that I picked up over the years from Dave, w2aew, The Signal Path and forge them into something more coherent.

I picked up the Art of Electronics and Learning the Art of Electronics. Now I'm working through the chapters. (Cue in happy me when I was able to prove the parallel resistance formula from Kirchoff's current law)

I live in the south of Sweden and I do not have friends who are similarly interested in electronics.

Please reach out if you are interested in a buddy that can talk about electronics with you over a beverage (when if is safe again).

Offline esepecesito

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2827 on: June 25, 2021, 12:18:55 pm »
Hi,

new here... just passing by...

Offline Renate

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2828 on: June 25, 2021, 03:25:25 pm »
Back then I wanted to become a TV repair-technician.
Some of us are old enough to have been, complete with tube caddy!

Offline szszoke

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2829 on: June 25, 2021, 03:32:16 pm »
Back then I wanted to become a TV repair-technician.
Some of us are old enough to have been, complete with tube caddy!

In the end I did end up fixing a few TVs at my first job but it was not my main task, and they were usually simple fixes, like replacing bulging capacitors, or replacing the transistor for the flyback transformer.

I haven't worked with tubes though.

Offline Jorisbg76

« Reply #2830 on: June 25, 2021, 05:55:42 pm »
Hello I am Joris from the Netherlands some call it Holland.
I 'm a medical elektronici engineer, you know reparing CT-scanners, MRI, Echo machines, X-ray machine, operating equpment. All high tech devices

Offline Renate

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2831 on: June 25, 2021, 06:03:49 pm »
Hello I am Joris from the Netherlands some call it Holland.
I 'm a medical elektronici engineer, you know reparing CT-scanners, MRI, Echo machines, X-ray machine, operating equpment. All high tech devices
I need my head examined. Can you help?

Offline Tinynja

« Reply #2832 on: June 27, 2021, 11:17:34 pm »
Hello there! I'm Amine, from Montreal (Canada), and I do basic electronics work as a hobby. I have many other hobbies, such as bicycle, programming, anything engineering related. I've come here to seek some help with repairing a few devices I have at home, and maybe help other with the limited knowledge I have in this hobby.

Thanks for having me :)

Offline antimatter503

• Contributor
  • Ion Implantation Equipment Engineer
« Reply #2833 on: July 01, 2021, 12:24:00 am »
Hello everyone,

I am 33 and an Ion Implant Equipment Engineer at a large semi-conductor fab. I keep the implant tools running that make all the chips that nobody can buy right now... The list of orders we have is massive but we are slowly 'chipping' away at it. Long time listener to Dave's channel, thought id become more active here.

Listening to Dave is actually what gave me the courage to apply for an engineering position. I heard a few of his talks about how people should just have more courage and apply there is nothing to lose. I don't have a degree but I have the necessary knowledge and the willingness to work hard and learn. I started at the very bottom just as an operator but I always tried to gather knowledge from the engineers. That really paid off at interview time.

Thanks for allowing me to join in here!

I am happy to try and answer any questions people may have.

Offline Just_another_Dave

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2834 on: July 02, 2021, 08:17:42 am »
Hi everyone!

I’m David a power electronics engineer from Spain. I’ve been following both Dave’s YouTube channel and this forum for some years, so I finally decided to join this community now that I have finished my M.Sc degree and I have spare time to participate in the forum

I’ve been working as a researcher at one of the laboratories of my university for more than 3 years now (I was lucky enough to get a research grant while I was still a student from a company that builds equipment for space applications), mainly designing power supplies and their cooling systems. However, now I’m starting to experiment with RF in my free time

Looking forward to chatting here!

Offline bowen-everitt

« Reply #2835 on: July 03, 2021, 06:23:17 pm »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Bowen Everitt.
I am a highschool student, and a longtime viewer of the EEVBlog channel but I have never really explored the forums.

Very glad to be here and excited to start making.

Offline jdreesen

« Reply #2836 on: July 08, 2021, 11:39:47 am »
Hi, I am Jos, retired chip designer, now ( and before...)  classic computing enthusiast.
Located in Switzerland

Offline armandine2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2837 on: July 10, 2021, 08:59:28 pm »
Hello

I'm Anthony, new-ish/returning to electronics as a hobby: I did the AEB GCE Electronics Systems A Level as an FE College student in the late 80s - made a reasonable attempt then at project work: following a design for a variable area capacitive displacement transducer in MJ Usher(1985:53) Sensors and Transducers

Nowadays I'm getting equipment and trying to learn/do something, watching Youtube electronics favourites -  new desire to have a dabble with the subject.
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Offline htm

• Contributor
« Reply #2838 on: July 15, 2021, 08:52:05 pm »
Hi,

i'm from the Netherlands, java software developer for a living.
Recently i got an arduino uno kit,  for fun, trying to connect a few things.
Hoping that my basic electronics education of about 20 years ago is enough to get going ;)

Offline lvml

« Reply #2839 on: July 18, 2021, 09:53:59 pm »
Having enjoyed Dave's coverage on solar roadways, I just became a member to not let it go unnoticed that yet another one opened -> posted a thread on this here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/worlds-longest-solar-panel-bike-path-opens-in-utrecht-netherlands/
Looking forward to the next video on solar freaking roadways :-)

Offline JohnInHK

• A long time electronics engineer and enthusiast.
« Reply #2840 on: July 20, 2021, 06:35:04 am »
Hello, joining from Hong Kong. Long time fan and viewer of EEVBlog enjoying Dave's unique style and electronics knowledge. Started electronics as a hobby in late 1960's, then became electronics engineer, designing lot's of products in Australia, then joined Motorola Semiconductor (became Freescale Semiconductor now part of NXP) for 20 years, mostly in Hong Kong. Covered many areas and topics globally, mostly management. Then consumer electronics, startup, EMS with China, HK and Oz companies, intellectual property, legal, contract management... and still LOVE electronics... Never stop learning and so much to keep up to date with.

Offline WeiZhao

• Contributor
« Reply #2841 on: July 30, 2021, 07:25:33 am »
Hi, Guys.
My name is Wei, from Shanghai China. Working as a electronic engineer for more than 15 years. 8)
My development area is SMPS especially for lighting.

Actually this forum is quite famous in China. As working so many years in power supply development, I really want to discuss and learn from others globally.

Really appreciated to be a member of this big family. Hope we can make good friends.

Thanks a lot. :)

Offline SunRiver

« Reply #2842 on: August 04, 2021, 07:50:33 pm »
Welcome
I am called SunRiver and I am from Poland.

On a daily basis, I deal with electronics service and programming of embedded devices and IoT ..
Some may know me from other forums ...

Offline Ardym

« Reply #2843 on: August 08, 2021, 04:21:40 am »
Hello EEVBlog forum members,

My name is Ravi and I am an Electronics Engineer working for an electronics startup in New Zealand. I'm actually here to seek help with my faulty BM235 multimeter that I purchased from EEVBlog and haven't been able to get any support for through the official email channels. I wasn't quite sure where to go here to seek help, so figured I'd start here.

Is anyone able to either help me get support from Dave or perhaps send me in the right direction to debug the issues? The multimeter is regularly misreading voltage/resistance/continuity and it seems to at least partially be related to the front selector switch holding the correct stable state.

I've attached an image showing one of the behaviours I regularly see.

Edit: Resolved. Thanks everyone for your help!  :)

Thanks for your time and any help is really appreciated. I often work with 400V appliances and am particularly concerned that the multimeter may misread a live wire, potentially leading to injury.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 05:24:58 am by Ardym »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2844 on: August 08, 2021, 05:31:06 am »
Send a PM to EEVBLOG with your email to tie in with the Report to Moderator 'FYI Dave' I've just done.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2845 on: August 08, 2021, 05:33:18 am »
Hi Ravi,

For support relating to EEVblog products, email eevblog.official@gmail.com

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Ardym

Offline Ardym

« Reply #2846 on: August 08, 2021, 06:57:36 am »
Hi Halcyon,

Thanks for your reply. I have sent a couple emails to that address over the last 3 months, but haven't had any response. I've just sent a PM to EEVBLOG also, so hopefully that will lead somewhere.

Really appreciate the prompt responses here.

Cheers

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2847 on: August 08, 2021, 10:59:45 am »
Replied.

The following users thanked this post: Ardym

Offline Trailing Edge

• aeronautical/mechanical engineer
    • sparweb.ca - DIY Wind Turbines and other projects
« Reply #2848 on: August 10, 2021, 03:23:25 am »
Howdy

I'm an aeronautical/mechanical engineer by day, and in my spare time I build a lot of renewable energy projects.  I've also built a lot of electronic projects from plans until recently I felt comfortable enough to design things of my own.  Mostly these are data-logging devices, based on microcontrollers such as PICAXE and Arduino.  In the course of building these I have spent the most development time on tachometers, which are somewhat devilish in wind turbines, for many reasons.

I already posted an into the Beginners forum - but then found out there's actually a thread just for saying "hello" (Thanks Renate for pointing me in the right direction).

I want to ask a bunch of questions about programming microcontrollers and setting up instruments for them.  I am hoping to find a lot of people who know about instruments and uC's to learn more tricks and techniques.

Offline shaohu.tang

• Contributor
« Reply #2849 on: August 21, 2021, 02:25:03 am »
HI, everyone,

newbie report, now engaged in instrumentation maintenance。

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf