Author Topic: new Navy pentagon-confirmed UFO videos  (Read 9404 times)

Offline coppercone2Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • $
new Navy pentagon-confirmed UFO videos
« on: April 15, 2021, 08:28:32 pm »

tri-copter with a forward thurst? May not be so difficult with modern control systems, the main problems with these experiments in the 1950's were control systems, the designs are very unstable, an simple analog control systems that are small could not handle it. They should be judged on speed, weight and flight time (which determine power plant, how much energy the craft has available) more then anything related to maneuvers, because all sorts of acrobatics are possible with modern microprocessors doing fast cheap calculations to actively stabilize odd geometries. The power plant is the tell tale sign of advanced technology. Could be a drone submarine with drone scout ships.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 08:35:40 pm by coppercone2 »

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: new Navy pentagon-confirmed UFO videos
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 09:09:24 pm »
Where can we see first hand confirmation from the pentagon? Those people are not fast to confirm any actual observation. Why would they in this case? And the exact wording matters a lot here.

If it is a secret research thing, then why would they present that to congress as UFOs. Presumably congress should know what research is performed  and they can be told exactly what that is.

There is no point in speculating. Without good information, it will just be the same arguments all over again.

And half of the vides here are from thermal cameras, which are not very reliable for random unknown objects. It may have not disappeared into the ocean, but just turned the wrong side to the camera.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:12:26 pm by ataradov »
Alex

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 09:19:06 pm »
that looks like night vision (so it goes through a light amplification tube), and I don't know the fox news report says the same thing as the USA today report and its probobly online

the confirmation usually happens when some reporter asks pentagon brass if they can confirm it, I am not going to sit through c-span looking for it
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:21:28 pm by coppercone2 »

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 01:49:11 am »

Maybe the tic tac is some kinda physics particle that interacts with the jet (i.e. the proposed physics objects W.I.M.P. comes to mind, in some kind of form)? Maybe some interacting dust particles by some strange combination of forces? (i.e. odd super alloy turbine grindings that have built up in the atmosphere over the years because of advanced engine technology that behave some how cohesive, room temperature 'condensates' of some kind, the combinations of metals that we make in the conditions that occur in engines are not anything near natural?) Maybe some kind of sphere structure/balloon that forms naturally from the things in the air and is very strong and some how interactive with EM (naturally radar seeking metal frame ultra-solid formed by accumulation/cohesion balloon)? So the plane is kind of acting like force tweezers (laser tweezers, ultrasonic tweezers, etc) based on one of its emissions that lead to the interactive behavior? (just explain wind resistance)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:04:00 am by coppercone2 »

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 02:16:00 am »
These UFO videos are mostly all the same - new or old. Some splotch moving on video that reminds viewers of some flying craft. But it's always apparently just far enough away to remain mysterious. When are we going to catch one close enough to see the lights, windows, engines, rivets, or an alien waving to us?

:-//

I bet - never.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: hexreader, mikerj, george.b, mindcrime, duckduck

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 02:27:29 am »
It looked to me like the interference pattern generated by an obstruction in an optical system.  Very bright pinpoint sources can create ghosts obscuring the shape of an object.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artifact_(error)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:30:59 am by David Hess »

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 02:49:05 am »
what about the one with the pilot saying he saw a flying propane tank with his eyes

the only lens there might be the cockpit and his eyes, then 3 more guys saying they saw the same thing

did those jets have videcon tubes by any chance? I played with an old tube and the creepiest thing would happen, if it got too dark, the image was visible, but new objects were not visible, so if you stood out infront of it and turn a flashlight on, you teleport into place. I hung it on the roof as a driveway cam for a while before I forgot about it and spiders took over the system, one of them managed to make a web inside the lens some how and I forgot about it
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:54:01 am by coppercone2 »

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: mindcrime

Offline AntiProtonBoy

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 03:54:32 am »
It looked to me like the interference pattern generated by an obstruction in an optical system.  Very bright pinpoint sources can create ghosts obscuring the shape of an object.
You can clearly see there are two identical flare-like artefacts with the same triangular shape on the left and bottom left respectively. I'm betting it's related to the camera aperture.

The following users thanked this post: Brumby

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 03:59:33 am »
you would think the navy, dealing with missiles being launched, which are bright, and guns being fired, and plane afterburners, in all times of day and all weather would know how to deal with and identify camera aberrations, its dangerous because you might think there is a enemy missile and trigger a defense system.. for some reason I don't think its so simple/foolish.. these military systems must be designed to reduce that and the operators trained on how to identify that. and they float on water all the time and constantly scan everything around them, including odd ball dangers like glint from submarine periscopes (reportedly this was one of the best ways to spot a submarine back in the day), possibly frogman goggles, sub surface ships, etc.. they all rely on identifying glint properly.

or enemy gun fire from a ship or an explosion from a ship (be it under attack or malfunction), after 1000+ years of navy service, would probobly make this.. easy to determine? it did not really change importance over the century, they used to light small fires on boats filled with gun powder to act as torpedos.. the camera is new but I figure they must be EXPERTS at dealing with that and all sorts of optical illusions.

The military was fooled before by stuff like this with early warning systems on satellites, but that was 50 years ago, with lessons learned I am sure.

Microwave effecting pixels maybe? but those thermals are usually shielded with germanium that is conductive I think, and the systems must be RF hardened anyway (so you don't mess up a night vision tube with the radar), so they probobly have all the bells and whistles.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 04:06:47 am by coppercone2 »

Offline AntiProtonBoy

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 04:16:27 am »
These UFO videos are mostly all the same - new or old. Some splotch moving on video that reminds viewers of some flying craft. But it's always apparently just far enough away to remain mysterious.
 When are we going to catch one close enough to see the lights, windows, engines, rivets, or an alien waving to us?
Well yeah, if a craft is actually identifiable, they would not be categorised together with unidentified flying objects, now would they? By nature the objects in question are unidentified because the video quality is bad and you can't infer more details from what's being shown. That's it. There is noting else anyone can say about the object in question. The problem is, people think they can fill in the gaps with a whole bunch of aliens nonsense.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, hexreader, electr_peter

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 04:17:29 am »
Well it does not hurt to revisit the case once in a while as we learn more about physics, get more information, etc.

Offline GlennSprigg

• Super Contributor
  • Medically retired Tech. Old School / re-learning !
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 12:28:00 pm »
The amazing part, is that I think 'most' of us would 'like' it to be true...  but alas...
ANYONE who has even the slightest Grasp of the enormity of our Galaxy, not to mention the whole 'known' Universe, would have to concur
that no matter how small the chances are for 'life' within other individual star systems, that due to this incredible enormity then 'Life' of some
sort must literally be PROLIFEROUS out there!!!  :phew:   However... that doesn't mean that 'they' have or ever will visit us here on Earth.   :-\
I for one would love it to be so!, but it always gets me why such Beings, (attempting to be secretive), would have lots of glowing/flashing lights!!   :)
Diagonal of 1x1 square = Root-2. Ok.
Diagonal of 1x1x1 cube = Root-3 !!!  Beautiful !!

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
iratus parum formica

Online hexreader

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2021, 12:34:26 pm »
Come on guys/gals...

Scepticism is a good thing but you can take it too far.....

Why can't you consider the possibility that this is a REAL fuzzy, wobbly, unidentified blob.... ?
... Not an imagined fictional fuzzy, wobbly, unidentified blob.
 :-DD
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 12:46:34 pm by hexreader »

The following users thanked this post: mikerj, duckduck

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2021, 12:36:13 pm »
Until, say, the last 100 years or so there would have been no reason for aliens to "alert" over this rock. Why would they come here? Since radio was invented it makes the rock a beacon of sorts, but EM waves travel at the speed they do so it takes time. Everyone (on this forum) knows that.

What gets me is the "Ancient Astronauts" shows that presume the ancient people were too dumb to build the things that they did without aliens helping them. Why would aliens have ever noticed the planet in the first place?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 01:41:16 pm by xrunner »
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: GlennSprigg

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 01:02:13 pm »
 :palm:

Offline GlennSprigg

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2021, 01:38:16 pm »
Until, say, the last 100 years or so there would have been no reason for aliens to "alert" over this rock. Why would they come here? Since radio was invented it makes the rock a beacon of sorts, but EM waves travel at the speed they do so it takes time. Everyone (on this forum) knows that.

What gets me is the "Ancient Astronauts" shows that presume the ancient people were to dumb to build the things that they did without aliens helping them. Why would aliens have ever noticed the planet in the first place?

It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad also, to realize that one of, if not 'the' first real TV video transmissions globally, was of Adolf Hitler at the
opening ceremony of their Olympics, in 1936 !!!  So this is the 1st video 'transmission' that Aliens would have ever seen about us!!!!   :palm:

Offline MikeK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2021, 07:26:01 pm »
It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad also, to realize that one of, if not 'the' first real TV video transmissions globally, was of Adolf Hitler at the
opening ceremony of their Olympics, in 1936 !!!  So this is the 1st video 'transmission' that Aliens would have ever seen about us!!!!   :palm:

And as mentioned in Carl Sagan's "Contact" they would not have any understanding of its meaning.

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2021, 08:01:00 pm »
These UFO videos are mostly all the same - new or old. Some splotch moving on video that reminds viewers of some flying craft. But it's always apparently just far enough away to remain mysterious.
 When are we going to catch one close enough to see the lights, windows, engines, rivets, or an alien waving to us?
Well yeah, if a craft is actually identifiable, they would not be categorised together with unidentified flying objects, now would they? By nature the objects in question are unidentified because the video quality is bad and you can't infer more details from what's being shown. That's it. There is noting else anyone can say about the object in question. The problem is, people think they can fill in the gaps with a whole bunch of aliens nonsense.
In addition what is said above, I think that U[unidentified] in UFO may be taken too seriously/too formal. That is, flying object is identified, if aircraft type details, number, flight path, owner, etc. are known. If some of these data points are missing, then it is unidentified. Which obviously leads to non-trivial amount of UFO events from normal aircraft traffic. For example, in some of sightings videos exhaust of jet engines seems to be pictured from very far away, making identification not possible, thus UFO.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 09:15:20 pm »

What was in it that deserved a facepalm?

Secondly, why was the TV transmission if there was no TV receivers. Who the transmission was for?
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2021, 12:46:23 am »
More than a decade ago I set up an online MySQL database of farly credible UFO sightings for a space-oriented group, there were a great many simple reports on what people had seen and reported and this database concentrated particularly on the physical traces they left.

There was a curious consistency to these reports which were from all around the world.

This database was nicknamed the traces database. It may be online somewhere.

You can clearly see there are two identical flare-like artefacts with the same triangular shape on the left and bottom left respectively. I'm betting it's related to the camera aperture.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 01:06:05 am by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 04:16:23 am »
you would think the navy, dealing with missiles being launched, which are bright, and guns being fired, and plane afterburners, in all times of day and all weather would know how to deal with and identify camera aberrations, its dangerous because you might think there is a enemy missile and trigger a defense system.. for some reason I don't think its so simple/foolish.. these military systems must be designed to reduce that and the operators trained on how to identify that. and they float on water all the time and constantly scan everything around them, including odd ball dangers like glint from submarine periscopes (reportedly this was one of the best ways to spot a submarine back in the day), possibly frogman goggles, sub surface ships, etc.. they all rely on identifying glint properly.

or enemy gun fire from a ship or an explosion from a ship (be it under attack or malfunction), after 1000+ years of navy service, would probobly make this.. easy to determine? it did not really change importance over the century, they used to light small fires on boats filled with gun powder to act as torpedos.. the camera is new but I figure they must be EXPERTS at dealing with that and all sorts of optical illusions.

The military was fooled before by stuff like this with early warning systems on satellites, but that was 50 years ago, with lessons learned I am sure.

Microwave effecting pixels maybe? but those thermals are usually shielded with germanium that is conductive I think, and the systems must be RF hardened anyway (so you don't mess up a night vision tube with the radar), so they probobly have all the bells and whistles.

I spent much of my career working on these types of systems and agree that the systems are designed to minimize ghosts and other spurious images, and that those who work with them have a lot of experience in what is out there.

But the same lengthy exposure to these images and films convinced me that the world is too varied and strange to completely eliminate anything.  If you want a perfect image of a tyrannosaur dancing with a lion it will show up somewhere or sometime.  Very rarely but it will turn up someday.  Between the enormous variety of natural backgrounds, clouds, atmospheric absorbtion, rainfall, fires, geothermal sources, drones, birds, rc airplanes, and other stuff outside the optical systems and dust, scratches, over active filter algorithms and a myriad of other things inside the optical system there is plenty of raw material to generate many, many weird images.

So the key word in these UFOs is Unidentified.  They could be aliens.  But the odds are probably higher that they are some other thing which will seem totally mundane once identified and explained.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 05:08:05 am »

Secondly, why was the TV transmission if there was no TV receivers. Who the transmission was for?

There were TV receivers prior to WWII, electronic TV receivers were formally introduced in 1939.
http://www.earlytelevision.org/prewar.html

They did not achieve widespread adoption until the 1950s but they existed and there were broadcasts.

Offline GlennSprigg

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 05:14:28 am »

The 'facepalm' was in ref to having a NAZI highlighting the 1st transmission, although of course 'Aliens' would have no understanding.

Have a look at...
https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/first-televised-olympics
and...
https://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2016/02/20/jesse-owens-olympics-germans-nazi-radio
Not really the largest of signals! but non-the-less out there!  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf