Author Topic: new Navy pentagon-confirmed UFO videos  (Read 9405 times)

Offline ivaylo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: new Navy pentagon-confirmed UFO videos
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2021, 05:44:43 am »
Here is the one with the triangle shapes debunked:
https://youtu.be/-r2oaQWmqkk

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline coppercone2Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2021, 06:34:35 am »
so the navy has cheap triangle iris on high end fighters and has no idea what they do despite 50 years of night vision technology?

That must literary occur on every single night flight ever for 50 years.

I was intensely familiar with the lens effect on a videcon tube after about 5 minutes of night time operation.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:37:26 am by coppercone2 »

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2021, 06:45:58 am »
iratus parum formica

Offline duckduck

• Frequent Contributor
  • 20Hz < fun < 20kHz, and RF is Really Fun
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2021, 07:33:33 am »
Two things always pop into my head when UFOs start trending on YouTube. Thing #1: Exceptional claims require exceptional proof. Thing #2: Seems like now is as good a time as ever to start filming the next installment in the Aliens movie franchise. How about "The Aliens Come To Earth"? That would be a good one. They tried that with "V" in the 80's, but the special effects were weak. Seems like modern CGI is up to the task. Aliens in business suits. I like it! Let's get a producer and a writer.

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2021, 07:42:50 am »
I just wanna know how people flying 10-100 million dollar planes with their entire career based on operating the thing do not know how to use the targeting cameras on the plane and what they do, that is the targeting system, that is textbook, a MIG fighter can look like that. like the enemy air force can turn the lights on and cause the strike team to play scooby doo? the plane radar and sensors don't pick up flight beacons and all other things that are emanating from civilian aircraft (the theory is that)?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:45:08 am by coppercone2 »

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 10:28:38 am »
When are we going to catch one close enough to see the lights, windows, engines, rivets, or an alien waving to us?

Don't look too close, unless you want to see anal probing in progress.
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 11:36:30 am »
When are we going to catch one close enough to see the lights, windows, engines, rivets, or an alien waving to us?

Don't look too close, unless you want to see anal probing in progress.

I'll risk it for science.  :box:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2021, 12:23:04 pm »
I just wanna know how people flying 10-100 million dollar planes with their entire career based on operating the thing do not know how to use the targeting cameras on the plane and what they do, that is the targeting system, that is textbook, a MIG fighter can look like that. like the enemy air force can turn the lights on and cause the strike team to play scooby doo? the plane radar and sensors don't pick up flight beacons and all other things that are emanating from civilian aircraft (the theory is that)?

It's either a Pentagon double bluff, or the aliens are forcing them to tell lies to reduce their credibility.  It literally can't be anything else!  |O

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2021, 05:39:31 pm »
I liked "Taken" the TV miniseries by Steven Spielberg.You can see the whole thing on Youtube. I wish they would finish the great story.

In the story, a girl is born of a union of the two species (played by Dakota Fanning) She ends up going on a journey to this other species home world..(what the title "Taken" is about. But that happens near the end of the series and its not included in the episodes.

But thats a story line which would really be interesting ground to cover in a TV miniseries. So they need a sequel.

Two things always pop into my head when UFOs start trending on YouTube. Thing #1: Exceptional claims require exceptional proof. Thing #2: Seems like now is as good a time as ever to start filming the next installment in the Aliens movie franchise. How about "The Aliens Come To Earth"? That would be a good one. They tried that with "V" in the 80's, but the special effects were weak. Seems like modern CGI is up to the task. Aliens in business suits. I like it! Let's get a producer and a writer.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline Ducttape

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2021, 07:20:09 pm »
Maybe the government thought they could plant a seed that might tend to reduce the political polarization that's been occurring for quite some time, and only getting worse. There's probably even an old Twilight Zone that covers this, but essentially if there is another even more extreme 'Them' (extraterrestrials) to fear it might bring everyone a little closer together.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:25:27 pm by Ducttape »

Offline tpowell1830

• Frequent Contributor
  • Peacefully retired from industry, active in life
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 09:11:23 pm »
Maybe the government thought they could plant a seed that might tend to reduce the political polarization that's been occurring for quite some time, and only getting worse. There's probably even an old Twilight Zone that covers this, but essentially if there is another even more extreme 'Them' (extraterrestrials) to fear it might bring everyone a little closer together.
Show me the little green men... furthermore, get off of my lawn!  :-DD
PEACE===>T

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Online ejeffrey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 11:19:26 pm »
Until, say, the last 100 years or so there would have been no reason for aliens to "alert" over this rock. Why would they come here? Since radio was invented it makes the rock a beacon of sorts, but EM waves travel at the speed they do so it takes time. Everyone (on this forum) knows that.

What most people don't both with, even engineers who should no better, are the SNR and aperture requirements to pick up any of earth's transmissions outside of the solar system. 

tl;dr: It is basically impossible to pick up earth based radio broadcasts from even the edges of our own solar system.  If we want to put up a road flare for aliens we need to pick a candidate solar system and point a powerful CW transmitter like the former Arecibo main dish (pours one out) directly at it.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, duckduck

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2021, 11:47:16 pm »
you never know what kind of receivers they have, look at the advances of rydberg technology (currently equal to decent equipment) and things like maser based receivers. I am sure that's not the end of it, there are probobly lots of undiscovered exotic RF detectors and amplifiers that might have spectacular SNR.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:49:04 pm by coppercone2 »

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 11:48:53 pm »
so the navy has cheap triangle iris on high end fighters and has no idea what they do despite 50 years of night vision technology?

It seems so.  I did not know that photographers had a specific term, bokeh, for it.  Or I forgot.

After 50 years the navy knows that this shortcoming is irrelevant because overload destroys the performance of the night vision equipment whether the obstruction is circular or not.  They apparently need to update their training or take it more seriously.

The obstruction might even be considered an advantage since it reveals that the focus is off.

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 11:49:48 pm »
man if they can't use the targeting system on the plane properly (its like a rifle scope or maybe binoculars, I am not sure exactly how that plane works) those tax dollars are being pissed away, what are they shortening pilot school to 2 weeks after bootcamp because of budget cuts?

before they start hanging LED strips on loitering missiles so the airforce sends planes to 'investigate triangular UFO"

those triangles might have something to do with lens momentum and rapid autofocus, maybe thats why it its a triangle.

And the fact that this got through the pentagon is ridiclous. they need to send those paper pushers out on the air field to service planes for a while lol (I restored a severely screwed up 'oxidizing' pair of binoculars internal parts and it was NOT fun). put a damn oak desk out there and have em strip, clean and lubricate mechanical things in targeting pods that got back from the desert.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:56:33 pm by coppercone2 »

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 11:56:21 pm »
And the fact that this got through the pentagon is ridiclous. they need to send those paper pushers out on the air field to service planes for a while lol (I restored a severely screwed up 'oxidizing' pair of binoculars internal parts and it was NOT fun).

It did not get by me.  I had it right when I first saw it.  They should hire me.

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2021, 12:05:32 am »
Do you know if special conditions make this happen? How does it not happen every single time you are approaching to land or see something at the wrong distance in the air before the camera focuses?

Is it not always displaying triangles?

Online fourfathom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2021, 12:33:58 am »
What most people don't both with, even engineers who should no better, are the SNR and aperture requirements to pick up any of earth's transmissions outside of the solar system. 

If you want aperture, consider gravitational lensing -- using a star's gravity to focus the signal from a long way off onto a receiving (or transmitting) antenna located on the focal line.  I used to hang out with Frank Drake, and that was his dream receiving system.

For what it's worth, I do *not* believe that aliens are buzzing the earth in their UFOs.  They're out there, just not *here*.
We'll search out every place a sick, twisted, solitary misfit might run to! -- I'll start with Radio Shack.

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2021, 06:07:03 pm »
Do you know if special conditions make this happen? How does it not happen every single time you are approaching to land or see something at the wrong distance in the air before the camera focuses?

Is it not always displaying triangles?

It doesn't display the aperture when properly focused.  It should also not happen when the aperture is small enough to increase the depth of field to cover the source.  When I used my infrared monocular with the daytime cover which is just a pinhole lens, then the focus does nothing.

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2021, 06:53:00 pm »
I figured a plane will routinely come across unfocused things in day to day operations.

Online TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2021, 07:27:00 pm »
In photography circles, the effect of the aperture shape (and lens aberrations) on out-of-focal-plane objects is called "bokeh", and aficionados discuss good and bad bokeh from different lenses from an aesthetic perspective.

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2021, 09:29:24 pm »
ok, but they are flying fast, changing altitude alot, doing spins, flying at night, landing on ships, etc. you would figure during all those flight hours seeing something out of focus would be regular. if you take pictures how long does it take to go out of focus? you run into it really quickly.

with all those pilots and all those things you would figure it would be in a power point under 'weird stuff not to get confused by' slide. or the 'things you might not know about your plane because their a little different then what you are used to with normal equipment'. I figured this would show up on a manual slide project sometime around 1960 in vietnam and be standard since then, since they had the crappiest night vision with tons of problems back then and were always doing stuff at night.

'your target might look like a triangle because....'
'sometimes you see a triangle on your screen and this can mean you should..."
'we had an incident where a pilot showed up to locartion xyz during a night time support operation and did not destroy the target because he was confused by its triangular appearance, this is normal because... and can be resolved by...'

i mean it seems pretty fucking important to know when you should change the focus..........
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 09:36:38 pm by coppercone2 »

Offline ivaylo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2021, 04:49:09 am »
The professionals are doing their jobs, know their tools and the tools limitations, etc. It looks like people “who want to believe“ when they lay their hands on footage like that doing creative editing, leaking to gullible journalists and such (watch thunderf00t’s analysis on youtube above). Then the Pentagon being the huge bureaucracy that it is keeps these “reports” for ever and ever... Still curious to see their upcoming report and all.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2021, 06:11:20 pm »
Fran is a believer.

*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2021, 06:20:01 pm »
I do agree that we need to research this more. But the research starts not with pixel peeping on a blurry 360p video, but with equipping those planes that see UFOs all the time with decent modern cameras.

How come we can get 8K footage from Mars, and can't place a stupid GoPro on a fighter jet.

If things are as common as they are described, it should not be a big problem to film them with decent quality.

And also, you see reports from commercial pilots that they see them too, yet there are no reports from the passengers. Sure, pilots look outside all the time, but there are way more passengers, so presumably there would be massive reports and videos of UFOs.
Alex

The following users thanked this post: nixxon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf