Author Topic: Dilbert loses newspapers, publishers, distributor, and possibly its website  (Read 79482 times)

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
(hahaa).   You guys argue, seemingly EVEN about length of some yt VIDEO.   In the face of, this year, being the emergent trend, towards short-short topics, less than 60 seconds.  I'm sticking to more moderate length topics, maybe learn something as I get entertainment.

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
It’s not limited to American politics, nor to politics. It’s anything: iPhone vs. Android. Coke vs. Pepsi. Blue vs. white dress. Any time you take a middle ground, you’ll get attacked by both sides as being a “fanboy” or “shill” or “sheeple” or whatever.
Yeah, a bunch of American products ::)

Correction: you can take any position you want, and you will still be attacked by your own camp for not being devoted enough, possibly more so than the opponents.
It's that retarded. Being attacked by both camps means literally nothing, but it's not the first time I'm seeing somebody claiming it as some sort of virtue.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:56:53 am by magic »

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
OK.  To move it at least halfway out of the USA.  Metric vs traditional unit.  Football (soccer) vs Rugby or US football.  Tea vs coffee.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Tea vs coffee

Why can't one have both? I start the day with tea, migrate to coffee (albeit fake instant stuff) then mix and match throughout the day, ending with hot chocolate. Only thing I don't drink is water.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
It’s not limited to American politics, nor to politics. It’s anything: iPhone vs. Android. Coke vs. Pepsi. Blue vs. white dress. Any time you take a middle ground, you’ll get attacked by both sides as being a “fanboy” or “shill” or “sheeple” or whatever.
Yeah, a bunch of American products ::)
It’s got nothing to do with being American. Can you please stop constantly attacking USA every time it comes up (and stop bringing it up when it doesn’t)? Not everything is about nationalism!

And since when is The Dress even a product? It’s a silly debate, which is why I added it as an example of something that isn’t a product!

The following users thanked this post: MK14, james_s

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Correction: you can take any position you want, and you will still be attacked by your own camp for not being devoted enough, possibly more so than the opponents.
It's that retarded. Being attacked by both camps means literally nothing, but it's not the first time I'm seeing somebody claiming it as some sort of virtue.
But it’s not meaningless: it means you aren’t rabidly on one side or the other.

Offline abeyer

• Frequent Contributor
coffee (albeit fake instant stuff)

Ok, that may be one choice that's clearly abhorrent to every reasonable person.  :-DD

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Adams allowed sharing of the latest Dilbert:

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
But it’s not meaningless: it means you aren’t rabidly on one side or the other.
You're right, it isn't meaningless. It actually means you are so rabid and unhinged that your own side can't put up with you.

Think Trump fighting mainstream Republicans and vice versa. Or the whole PQRXYZ+ABC rainbow crowd and the PQR flaming the ABC for "violating their boundaries" and the ABC hating on the PQR for "judging them by how they were born". Competing religious fundamentalist groups. Radical versus liberal feminists. Coca Cola fanboys vandalizing Pepsi vending machines.
 :popcorn:

All of them are "the moderates" unlike the other guys who are "the real fascists".
But we know the truth - they are all Americans and they are all equal :-DD

edit
And yes, this is what this thread is about: Americans eating their own for not being American enough.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 08:11:48 am by magic »

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
Dilbert reborn? Born again Dilbert.

There's a scary thought...

:o
iratus parum formica

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf