General > General Technical Chat

Obtaining original National Semiconductor datasheets and application notes

<< < (5/7) > >>

srb1954:

--- Quote from: Neomys Sapiens on December 12, 2021, 04:04:43 am ---
--- Quote from: srb1954 on October 11, 2021, 07:36:52 am ---AN-9 is omitted from the Feb 1973 Linear Applications Handbook, the earliest NS applications handbook I possess.

It must have been for a very early NS device as it sits between AN-8 New Uses for the LM100 Regulator (dated June 1968) and AN-10 Low Power Operational LH001 Amplifier (dated December 1968).

Perhaps it was for an NS device that was withdrawn from the market very early in its life.

--- End quote ---
Are you sure? I know AN-8 as 'A fast, integrated voltage follower' (LM102) dated May68

--- End quote ---
In my 1973 copy of NS Linear Applications the LM102 application note is 'AN-5 A Fast Integrated Voltage Follower with Low Input Current May 1968'

SilverSolder:

--- Quote from: peter-h on December 11, 2021, 05:23:47 pm ---I have maybe 100kg of data books going back to the 1980s, which anyone can have if they want to collect them. I have not referenced any of them in 20+ years, except for nostalgia purposes. One day they will all get chucked in the skip, which seems a waste.

South east UK, on the coast. PM me if interested :)

--- End quote ---

PDFs are definitely lighter!  :D

Forty-Bot:
Does anyone have errata or programming notes for the DP83840 (not the DP83840A)? I am trying to determine whether the parallel detection bugs which affect the DP83840A affect the DP83840 as well. The recommended workaround for the DP83840A is to check whether the multiple-link fault bit (bit 4) is set in the autonegotiation expansion register (register 6), but in the DP83840 datasheet it says that "this Feature is not currently supported."

tooki:

--- Quote from: capt bullshot on October 10, 2021, 07:12:13 am ---Having good technical content readily available isn't the way today's sales is intended to work: They want you the speak to their "experts" which in turn recommend you some chips that are the "best" for you. What they recommend wouldn't necessarily be the same as a well informed customer would decide to use.

--- End quote ---
How do you figure? They make it all but impossible to reach a human, so figuring it out yourself is absolutely what they want you to do.

Tamworth10:
I have about 20 of the old Blue National Instruments Databooks, all different, that I'm not sure are worth keeping. They are from the 1990s but I haven't used them for decades, but I used to love going through them to design digital circuits and power supplies.

Is anyone interested in them? Or do you think they hold values? You can pick them up for free in Newcastle NSW, or if the world has moved on then I'll sadly put them in the Yellow recycling bin  :-\.

Happy to send a photo of the titles if that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version