Author Topic: Off-topic. Ok if you take it down or whatever. About finding FEM/FEA resources  (Read 286 times)

Offline renzomsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • I post everywhere lol
    • YouTube Channel
Looking for videos and free resources/articles, websites, forums, even textbooks that will teach me more as I self-learn about Finite-Element Software. I just got an internship working with multiple FEA software and...

I put my head down, worked hard, and can very fastly put models together, and apply custom forces. I can build models on Fusion360, mesh them in Gmsh*, and apply my forces in X and Y software when it does not come with built in 3D CAD.

I've had to code up custom functions in fortran, and c, etc

Although, I don't really know what I'm looking at: I've been exposed to the difference formula, Runga-Kutta, LU matrices (linear algebra's my weakest maths), and Euler's method from calc 1.

and all I really know is I guess we matrix-ize the equations, then solve them. We accept values within a tolerance (convergence)

But I don't really know about "relaxation factor", and the methods used in a solver (e.g. Jacobi, BiCGrip; stuff like ILU tolerance, I don't know what ADS is and AMS is)

So instead of googling terms like someone might recommend, is there a nice youtube channel that introduces me these things?

IMPORTANTLY added, I intend to learn how, in MY projects, relaxation factor, tolerance(s), (the harder stuff e.g. picking methods), will affect my results accuracy and computation time, etc.

My boss told me there are FEA modeling advisors that have careers doing this - That's sweet - I'm trying to connect with the projects more than putting the Legos together and typing up the code.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf