Author Topic: Low cost Office Transformation  (Read 1694 times)

Offline mswhin63Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Low cost Office Transformation
« on: February 06, 2013, 11:44:51 am »
For my first thread thought I would show a low income design for a workbench. 2 photos show the creation of a electronics workbench and an office table as well. I already have a workshop in the shed so I finally have a lot more room.

As my wife is on a Disability Pension and I am studying full time at Uni I needed something really cheap but the wood costs and other cost to make a comepletely new bench a beyond my financial capability. So what did I do.

First I went online to purchase an Office Table from Graysonline from the Perth distribution and saw a reasonable straight office table. To say I won the bid is an understatement, Bidding went to a massive $19.00 OMG and with fees etc. which actually quite high totalled $21.00. Not bad for an office desk. The centre board gives these good stability but I could easily modify it to cater for loads if need be. The corner desk I already had which cost me a massive $10.00 a few years back from Ross's Auction in Perth.

I needed height to stand while work so I created a simple Chipboard melamine stand that raised the desk to my belly button. I went to Bunnings and for $50.00 bought enough chipboard to create a raiser for the whole table. It is still stable too. So for a total of about $75.00 including screws I now have a functional electronic workbench. I do not intend to keep the files in there, that will eventually be populated with test gear.

I apologise that I do not have construction notes. Most of my work is done from in the head. Total time to set-up and re-arrange the office 5 hours. Now finally after 6 years trying to build, fix and carry on paperwork on a single table the efficiency of my operations should increase.  :-+

Offline houdini

• Regular Contributor
Re: Low cost Office Transformation
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:17:00 pm »
I got my work benches for 1$ each at a yard sale.  4x2 and a 7x2 foemica top with lots of cubies underneath for tools and such as well as a nice solid rough cut oak bench that i put out back.  We even rolled the thing into my back yard without a scratch.  Point is if you look at yardsales and moving sales you can often find really good deals on larger stuff that people just want gone.

Offline cwalex

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Low cost Office Transformation
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:17:12 am »
my favourite desk is one that my mum gave me. she got it at an auction and she was bidding on what was on the table, she didn't realise that the table was part of the deal. it cost her $5, it is made of real wood and built like a brick shit house!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf