Author Topic: Oppenheimer Movie Review  (Read 27773 times)

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
Re: Oppenheimer Movie Review
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2024, 10:21:57 pm »
“Barbie” movie was absolute woke-signalling rubbish, but held at gunpoint and forced to choose, I’d take it over Oppenheimer.

I've heard arguments that the supposed "woke" part actually backfired and it turned into a men's rights movie and Ken is the hero?
I don't know though, I haven't seen it.
Argentina's president spared no words throwing punches on Woke from the World Economics Forum stage:

https://youtu.be/BGnSpt2Q7CY?feature=shared
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2024, 10:46:02 pm »
Merely going to the WEF shitshow is a completely dumb move.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2024, 04:42:49 am »
If you watch the WEF intro speech carefully you can see the chefs erecting large poles with meats on them, right in front of the podium, just before the opening speech.

In actuality none of the food is cooked prior to the start of the event but ends up having a nice air fried sear by the time the opening remarks are concluded.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 05:05:43 am by coppercone2 »

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2024, 05:04:11 am »
Implosion was required for the plutonium bomb because plutonium had too high a spontaneous fission rate to use the gun mechanism.

Curiously that isn't the case. David Hess is right.

You can make a "gun" device but you need a much higher velocity. The resulting device is about 5m long. The US built some mockups and spent a lot of time dropping them to get them to fall in a stable way instead of wobbling. I have a book by a guy who tracked down a lot of the drop sites of various mockup devices (he got the coordinates from a "contact"). Very good read.

Implosion is of course much more compact. As interesting is how they made 155mm shells... this is still well classified but most likely the PU was egg-shaped and charges convert it into a spherical shape. That destroys the shape of the shell of course but it doesn't matter by then.

I'll reword my statement: Implosion was required for the plutonium bomb because plutonium had too high a spontaneous fission rate to use a gun mechanism practical enough to be delivered by air.
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

Offline Andy Chee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2024, 12:03:44 pm »
Oppenheimer looks to have done well at the Oscars.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf