Author Topic: PayPal to charge £12 inactivity fee  (Read 4422 times)

Offline tggzzzTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: PayPal to charge £12 inactivity fee
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 05:39:41 pm »
Cant you just setup to pay Netflix ot Prime or something like that through Paypal, and that would make this issue go away?

It may well do, but it is a non-issue if you login yearly.

Anybody with any significant amount of money in Paypal will be logging in more than that anyway.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 05:52:34 pm »
You can't use subscriptions if you don't have an debit or credit account attached.
And if you have any of those attached, you don't have to pay the fee because your balance would be 0.

Offline Microdoser

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2020, 09:59:17 pm »
I closed my paypal account several months ago (that I had had for donkey's years) when they demanded access to my bank account despite me only using them for payments, since then I have discovered just about everybody I deal with is also able to accept credit card transactions with no premium (both UK & international).

After seeing they are starting this sort of thing I have now closed mine.  I will now find out who absolutely must have payment via PayPal. I suspect it might only be Ebay.

Actually Ebay is one of the ones I have had no problems using credit cards on BUT..... It only works if you DO NOT LOG ON and DELETE ALL EBAY COOKIES!!

Crazy I know but if you have ever used PP before on EB it remembers and only offers you that.

I beg to differ.

Then you are luckier than I, unless they have done something extremely unusual and actually fixed a bug since I last logged in.

Just checked and I have the option to pay by card as well as PayPal

EDIT: I have also removed PayPal as a payment option too. Now I only have the cards I want saved to my account.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 10:05:03 pm by Microdoser »

Online tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2020, 10:54:44 am »
FYI, they just added inactivity fee to my account as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf