Author Topic: Perpetual Motion  (Read 23041 times)

Offline niky518Topic starter

Perpetual Motion
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:57:09 pm »
Hi!

Is this possible?

watch from 11:48

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
Re: Perpetual Motion
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:59:44 pm »
No.

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:02:38 pm »
Another NUT JOB !! If only he had 5points less IQ, he could be a politician.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline onlooker

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 03:26:15 pm »
Dave,
 Can you ban/remove this thread/topic? It is a waste of time for anyone come here.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 03:28:28 pm by onlooker »

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 04:24:09 pm »
The guy is an attention seeking crackpot. He is spewing out gibberish and playing the same old card all the fraudsters do: the one simple trick the powers at be want to hide from us. This guy needs to put a bullet in his own head and save the planet the resources he will use up during his lifetime as he is clearly just a waste of space.

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 04:46:19 pm »
Just another charlatan!

Offline chrome

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 04:52:29 pm »
This guy needs to put a bullet in his own head...

Yeah that's an appropriate response...

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 06:11:41 pm »
Dave, Can you ban/remove this thread/topic? It is a waste of time for anyone come here.
how about the snake oil thread? fyi: its now sticky!
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 06:24:35 pm »
Dave, Can you ban/remove this thread/topic? It is a waste of time for anyone come here.
how about the snake oil thread? fyi: its now sticky!

Keep your pants on! I'm putting money on the OP being the crack pot video author. So either he will get the hint or it will get "interesting" probably ending in his banning. At which point the thread will be removed.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 06:39:54 pm »
Got the popcorn handy Simon? I have watched some amazing flame wars.......... of course on the boards I monitored they went to the bit bucket, I was the BOFH and only approved posts I liked or wanted sent out. Basically 1 a week to the list............ 999 Spam of course.

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »
yep popcorn at the ready and sitting comfy, safe in the knowledge I have the row of big red detonator buttons in comfy arms reach  8)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 06:58:52 pm »
As long as the popcorn is not Monsanto, and you are using unsalted butter, along with some nice sweet chilli. Also works well with nice toasted garlic in the butter as well, nice big chunks, fried till smoky brown.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 07:00:37 pm »
Can someone explain why this is not possible? All just spam and say that is not possible, some explanation pls :)   sorry on my bad english...

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 07:02:31 pm »
Can someone explain why this is not possible? All just spam and say that is not possible, some explanation pls :)   sorry on my bad english...

you english was good enough in the video..... Tell me what exactly was explained in the video. It is not possible because nothing was explained, just a list of "big" words.

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 07:10:36 pm »

The power companies that generate electricity have to pay money for the fuel (gas or coal) to generate that electricity. The cost of the fuel is huge and limits how much profit they can make. If the power companies could find a way to generate electricity without having to buy fuel to feed the generators their profits would become astronomical and they would all be doing it. Since they are not doing it, there is clearly a bit of a snag in the "free electricity" theory.

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 07:26:06 pm »

[/quote]you english was good enough in the video[/quote]

loool, I'm not made that video! :D

Offline chrome

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 07:26:44 pm »

The reason you can't get energy for free is "conservation of energy".

You can't get more energy out of something than you put into it.

Lets say for example you power a motor using 1kW of electrical energy, if you couple this motor to a generator, it's impossible to get more than 1kW out of this generator.

In theory it's even impossible to get close to this 1kW since you have to account for losses (friction in bearings that gets converted to heat, heat because of the resistance of wires, etc etc).
The energy has to come from somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:46:47 pm by chrome »

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 07:33:58 pm »
The law of conservation of energy (maybe conservation of mass-energy) is an interesting one.

There is no actual proof available, it is just something supported by every experiment ever performed. One has to assume it is true given the weight of experimental evidence, but one day someone might discover an exception. However, such an exception if found would be incredibly hidden and certainly not accessible to anyone with normal apparatus like coils and magnets.

Offline benemorius

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 08:23:21 pm »
However, such an exception if found would be incredibly hidden and certainly not accessible to anyone with normal apparatus like coils and magnets.

Careful now. It's dangerous to go around imposing restrictions like that without due caution. A great many apparently magical things (though of course not all) become highly accessible once they're understood. The list of incredible-yet-true scientific principles that can be tested at home is actually enormous.

Thousands of years ago, hardly anyone could have guessed that by simply drawing out a length of copper wire and jiggling a bunch of it at one end, one could watch a bunch of it at the other end magically jiggle around in a similar fashion, yet that's exactly what would have happened had anyone been silly or gullible enough to try such a stupid thing.

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 09:10:17 pm »
Let's first separate perpetual motion from free energy. (Nearly) Perpetual motion is indeed possible - the Earth has been orbiting the Sun for over 4.5 billion years - but you can't extract energy from it and still have perpetual motion.

Free energy is possible as well, although the devices to extract such energy are not free and there are limitations. Solar energy is already practical in some areas, but not in others. Same with wind energy.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline KTP

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 11:06:52 pm »
if you get into the theoretical physics (multiverse stuff) then maybe conservation of energy can breakdown (or seem to break down if somehow the energy is flowing from another universe).  Better ask Hawking, hell if I know.

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 12:10:04 am »
Careful now. It's dangerous to go around imposing restrictions like that without due caution. A great many apparently magical things (though of course not all) become highly accessible once they're understood. The list of incredible-yet-true scientific principles that can be tested at home is actually enormous.

In areas that are not well understood the scope for discovery remains. But the theory of electromagnetism is understood in great detail and has comprehensive experimental verification. There simply isn't any room for someone to find an unexplained phenomenon when playing around with magnets and wires any more. There is no danger at all in saying this. The only people who think there is some "magic" left to find are the people who don't understand the physics.

It's absolutely true that you can test many incredible scientific principles at home and everybody should. Don't take other people's word for it just because you read it in a text book. But at the same time, I can predict without fear of contradiction that every home experiment properly performed will attest to the conservation of energy, and every home experiment likewise will verify the equations of Maxwell, Lorentz, Einstein and quantum electrodynamics. The mystery is gone. The way the universe works in this particular area is completely understood and there isn't the tiniest nook or cranny left for anyone to discover.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 12:57:45 am »
...understood in great detail
is that means... understood in all details?

The way the universe works in this particular area is completely understood and there isn't the tiniest nook or cranny left for anyone to discover.
what about higgs bosson? the constituent (at least only predicted) of "everything".
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 01:01:06 am »
is that means... understood in all details?

Basically, yes.

what about higgs bosson? the constituent (at least only predicted) of "everything".

The Higg's boson is not part of electromagnetism. It has nothing to do with free energy from magnets and wires.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 01:10:28 am »
The Higg's boson is not part of electromagnetism. It has nothing to do with free energy from magnets and wires.
why is that? mass create magnetism. mass is constituted by atoms. atoms are constituted by protons and electrons, down to higgs bosson? am i wrong?

anyway i never saw the proof of those Maxwell, Lorentz, Einstein in hard paper, so i musnt have faith in them :P jk.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf