Author Topic: Photonicinduction and wife being tortured by the Home Office.  (Read 21930 times)

Offline MacbethTopic starter

• Super Contributor
He's back, but with depressing suicidal ideation, thanks to our bizarre Home Office, with Sharia May and Amber Rudd and their utterly perverse immigration policies.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:51:19 pm by Macbeth »

Offline Seph.b

• Regular Contributor
Re: Photonicinduction and wife being tortured by the Home Office.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 11:37:33 pm »
Glad he posted an update, I will have to watch it tonight. I had been worried that something had happened to him.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 11:41:30 pm »
You might want to change the link to the address it actual suggests it goes to. Sending people to unknown places unannounced is bad practice at best and malicious at worst.

Offline MacbethTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 11:52:21 pm »
You might want to change the link to the address it actual suggests it goes to. Sending people to unknown places unannounced is bad practice at best and malicious at worst.
Nothing malicious, just got the URL= fangled. Fixed now. Thanks.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 12:11:44 am »
Glad he posted an update, I will have to watch it tonight. I had been worried that something had happened to him.
He doesn't sound stable, if I'm honest. If this were a friend of mine I'd be seriously worried.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:30:47 am »
He doesn't sound stable, if I'm honest. If this were a friend of mine I'd be seriously worried.

I'm yet to watch the video (I will tonight), but was this guy ever truly stable? Don't get me wrong, I loved his content, but there was always something a bit beyond "quirky" about the bloke, almost creepy. That aside, I hope whatever issues he is having get sorted out.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:42:23 am »
I'm yet to watch the video (I will tonight), but was this guy ever truly stable? Don't get me wrong, I loved his content, but there was always something a bit beyond "quirky" about the bloke, almost creepy. That aside, I hope whatever issues he is having get sorted out.
He's openly talking about suicide, he's concocting contrived ways to get back at the government and to top it off there's some free energy stuff mixed in.

It honestly sounds like he's at or near a breakdown and needs to talk to professional help. I fear his experiences may cause him to distrust anything of this nature, though.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 02:08:40 am »
He's openly talking about suicide,

Nah, he's cool. I totally sympathize with his feelings, as I'm in a similar degree of SNAFU due to gov/legal bastardry. Ha ha, I think mine is actually worse than his. It makes you wish you were dead, but I gather from his comments that he has a similar coping mechanism - both projects he wants to do, and something to look forward to.
Anyway, his despair is in no way a mental health issue. Think of it as righteous rage. Not to be ridiculed or treated as any failing of his. It's a healthy response to massive injustice.

he's concocting contrived ways to get back at the government

Eh? Where? What are you talking about? He's pissed with the government (rightly so) but does not suggest any kind of retribution. His 'out' is to simply leave England. I think you are projecting here.

and to top it off there's some free energy stuff mixed in.
More careless misunderstanding on your part. The water to H & O splitting he talks about, he specifically says it's not 'free energy', just an improvement in efficiently producing a portable fuel.  The geomagnetic field thing - well he's right, there is an enormous amount of energy held in the Earth's rotating magnetic field. But since he's provided no details of proposed method of extraction, there's nothing to criticize. Just shut up and wait to see if he ever delivers.

It honestly sounds like he's at or near a breakdown
Yes.
and needs to talk to professional help.
No, not in the sense that you think. Perhaps grief counseling might help, though my own experience with that is that it really matters who does it. Most people do not have the grounding in complex socio-political issues to be able to grasp problems like his (and mine.) Hence tend to just make things worse by their failure to understand. (True story; I hope to eventually be able to publish it.)

I fear his experiences may cause him to distrust anything of this nature, though.
In my saga, the ONLY people I found I could trust were the police. This was quite surprising.
But I don't see anything in his situation that would call for him asking for police assistance.

Anyway, he's an intelligent, creative, well educated and independent-thinking white male. Currently the the most repressed, maligned and downtrodden social group in the West. This may be changing, at last. I hope so anyway.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:11:21 am by TerraHertz »
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline DeanCording

• Contributor
    • GitHub
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 02:14:43 am »
He's had quite a difficult past 6 odd years with the breakup of his first marriage, dealing with the pressures of being a moderately popular YouTuber, and near death of a close friend.  It's a similar situation playing out in many people's lives as they deal with the things that get thrown their way.  Some people deal with it, but many don't.  In Photonicinduction's case, it's been a bit more public than most due to his bit of fame.

For anyone experiencing anything similar, get mental health support early before it eats away inside of you.  You don't need to be mentally ill to start and it isn't a sign of weakness to get help.  Here in Australia you can get a Mental Healthcare Plan from your GP that gives you 10 subsidised visits to a mental health professional over 12 months.  If anything, having someone impartial just to talk to and keep yourself grounded will make a world of difference.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 02:28:09 am »
I'm not in the mood for a detailed blow for blow analysis and the discussion doesn't require one either, so I'm going to keep this concise. Toying with suicide is not a healthy coping mechanism. He's obviously not taking this well. He could use professional help to deal with the feelings he obviously isn't dealing well with himself.  It's not surprising you feel hopelessly powerless, pursued and like everyone is conspiring against you when something like this happens. However, at a certain point you've dug yourself into a pit it's not easy to get out of. Thinking you can and need to do it all on your own is a mistake many people make. It's not shameful to ask for help and he seems to be literally crying out for it.

He is talking about getting back at the government by taking his "inventions" elsewhere. Somehow he told himself that that will matter and that it is how he gets his revenge. They're more signs of unhealthy patterns.

Most people here will understand the issue with the geomagnetic field thing. To generate energy, you need to move something through a field or a field through something. Everything on Earth is moving along with the Earth. Let's not get into shooting coils into space.

Offline steve30

• Frequent Contributor
    • Stephen Coates' Homepage
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 02:48:37 am »
Given his problems with the government, he sounds quite rational to me.

I reckon his best bet might be to just move to India.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 03:38:50 am »
It seems the purpose of the laws governing this has been lost in its implementation.  Codifying any real world scenarios into legislation is challenging enough - but then you have the "practical execution" interpretations that are used to create "standard procedures" that the minions who administer these things use on a day-to-day basis.  Subtleties are lost and circumstances that don't fit the mould are too hard to properly assess, so the answer is to find any excuse to reject (and preserve the security of the country) than to possibly approve in error and risk allowing "undesirables" into the country.  (Pay no attention to the resettling of terrorists over the other side of the hedge - that's a different department.)

Then there's the possibility that you have an impotent twat with the "Reject" stamp who just likes to make themselves feel powerful by wielding it.

I'm not sure what it's like in the UK, but here in Australia you can get a better chance at a fair hearing on a lot of matters if you can get a news or current affairs program to take up an interest.  If it has the potential to get an audience, you're halfway there.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:41:08 am by Brumby »

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 03:47:09 am »
Somebody in the Youtube comments suggested he just moves to India and build a bug zapper.

Photonicinduction builds a bug zapper ... ?  I'd like to see that!!!

The following users thanked this post: NiHaoMike

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 05:46:46 am »
Pretty sad to hear this about one of my favourite YouTubers.

I think he's damaged, but not truly broken. There's a bit of normal person left in him, and I think that's slowly crawling back to the forefront.

I wish him proverbial godspeed, and hope to see him get better.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline @rt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 09:34:57 am »
It was cool to see something uploaded, but it made me squirm on several levels,
and talking about detailed suicidal thought on a daily basis is not in any way normal.
He should have kept the free energy stuff to himself rather than appear as 1000 other YouTubers.

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Scram

Offline Esposch T. Tapir

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 09:55:23 am »
Poor bastard.
Looks unstable even for his standards.
Bachelor of Engineering (ECSE) with Honours.
Every time I write a line of code or build a circuit I am reminded that, in the grand scheme of things, I know bugger all.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 10:19:32 am »
Did someone suggest a 'Home Office Bug Zapper'  PhotonicInduction Style...   >:D

What kind of big brother turdery has infiltrated the UK ? It appears now they are persecuting heterosexuals ?

There is nothing wrong with the PhotonicInduction gent, he's pissed at the circus masquerading as a government shafting him

Why doesn't The Queen flex some muscle over there to assist the ever loyal tax paying serfs?   :-//
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:25:30 am by Electro Detective »

Offline Seph.b

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 03:49:01 pm »
Watched the video this morning and it seems like he has really been going through some stuff. Sounds like he is actively thinking about healthy options he has though, which is a very good sign. I wish him the best and I am sure he will come out on top, even if that means starting his life again in a new location.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 04:42:41 pm »
Damn sounds like a super crappy situation.  Having to deal with government bureaucracy BS is enough to drive anyone insane.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 04:57:47 pm »
Technically, if you built a Dyson sphere around the Earth and somehow braced it with giant ion thrusters, it might be possible to harness the magnetic field. Until the resistance causes it to run out of inertia and stop spinning. >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 05:06:31 pm »
Technically, if you built a Dyson sphere around the Earth and somehow braced it with giant ion thrusters, it might be possible to harness the magnetic field. Until the resistance causes it to run out of inertia and stop spinning. >:D
You could use solar panels on the outside and ion thrusters to rotate the sphere. Solar power, but really inefficient.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 05:12:53 pm »
You could use solar panels on the outside and ion thrusters to rotate the sphere. Solar power, but really inefficient.

Isn't the Earth's field created by it's spinning? So if it ever stopped there'd be no way to start it agian.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 05:18:36 pm »
Isn't the Earth's field created by it's spinning? So if it ever stopped there'd be no way to start it agian.
More ion thrusters!

But yes, it's why I'm hesitant to embrace geothermal energy. We once thought the sky and ocean were limitless too. We also have little idea about what happens when we cool just the top layer.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 05:24:15 pm »
More ion thrusters!

But yes, it's why I'm hesitant to embrace geothermal energy. We once thought the sky and ocean were limitless too. We also have little idea about what happens when we cool just the top layer.

According to some theories Earth's core is nuclear (fission) powered through a percentage of uranium content. Just enough to keep it going for many billions of years, but it will eventually run out (just like the sun).
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Online HwAoRrDk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018, 10:20:32 pm »
The UK Home Office has always been a shitshow, for decades and decades. It just seems to be stuffed full of over-zealous stuck-in-the-past jobsworths applying policies arbitrarily and inconsistently, and no government of the last few decades has seemed to have any effect.

A tale of my own family's experience with the Home Office, if anyone cares to read:

My father hails from a middle-eastern country. He came here to the UK in the '60s to study for university and decided to stay, becoming a full British citizen. He has several siblings, some of whom still live in his home country. About 20 years ago, one of his sisters was diagnosed with cancer. However, due to the limited medical facilities in her country at the time (for context, this was not too long after the first Gulf War) they weren't able to offer her the treatment she needed. So, my father applied to the Home Office to get her a visa to come to the UK for medical treatment - which, by the way, he was willing to cover all the expenses of. He filled out all the forms and supplied all the paperwork they requested, including proof she had something to return home to afterwards in the form of a job and a family. They said no. He appealed, and even went so far as to have a copy of her entire medical history sent over, complete with referrals from no less than three different doctors saying the required treatment was not available in her home country. They still said no. Without the proper treatment, she died within a year.

I had never before, nor have since seen my father so angry at anyone or anything. As far as he's concerned, they can all rot in hell.

Luckily I've never had any cause to have interaction with that particular branch of our government, and hopefully it will stay that way. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf