Author Topic: Andy/Photonicinduction Alive And Well  (Read 83426 times)

Offline Red SquirrelTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Andy/Photonicinduction Alive And Well
« on: January 25, 2019, 12:55:55 am »
EDIT: Turns out this is false and person that posted to Youtube is just a troll.

He's alive and well: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/photonicinduction-passed-away-(unconfirmed)/msg2159500/#msg2159500

(original post follows - keeping to avoid confusion)

Based on a comment reply on his last video anyway.  I'm going with "unconfirmed" just in case it's someone just saying that.  Very sad to hear if this is true.  (maybe someone who happened to have connections may be able to confirm?)

Reply to the first comment:

By Robbie Music "Zylon FPV hey guys I’m Robbie, Andy is my 3rd Cousin and I am very sorry to say he passed away on the 14th October 2018 He Will Be Missed. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ufbat6lBXI&lc=z23lfdg4llq4zzmqm04t1aokgtxeki1n3mjta1lsj3lark0h00410.1548375553063858

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:09:40 am by Red Squirrel »

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Andy/Photonicinduction passed away (unconfirmed)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 01:46:33 am »
Ehh. People like to make up crap and some random kid isn't a reliable source. On one of Photonicinduction's previous long breaks, somebody said he was badly injured in an accident with the mobility scooter you see in one of his videos but he was just doing other things. I'm not expecting him back anytime soon though. His now deleted last video has a long rant about how he's pissed off + upset with the UK government who refused his new wife a visa. Fed up with it all or move abroad.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:49:59 am by tsman »

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 02:02:13 am »
Crap, sure hope this turns out to be false.  IIRC his name was Andy Moir.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 02:38:39 am »
His now deleted last video has a long rant about how he's pissed off + upset with the UK government who refused his new wife a visa. Fed up with it all or move abroad.

IIRC in that video he also mentioned that he had planned a suicide in various ways and had already written a note just in case and had a shot a video to be released upon his death. It was very disturbing.
I hope this isn't true.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 02:41:22 am »

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 02:50:59 am »

There's something not quite right about that. The English is ever so slightly stilted, expressed in a way that would make no sense considering the person and his relation to PhotonicInduction. Without further evidence I have absolutely no faith in this comment being an indication.

PhotonicInduction (or Andy), did talk about wanting to kill himself on previously mentioned rant, and had the air of a very desperate, very depressed man who thought he had very little to live for. He struck me as a man with problems, and definitely not outside of the realm of suicide, but this I do not believe is how it would be relayed. It's too strange of a person to do it, and there is no reason I could think of as to why this person would be telling us about it.

Regardless, hopefully he is safe, and we will hear from him soon. Maybe it's some shit that's trying to get everybody going, wouldn't be the first time.
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.
EEVBlog IRC Admin - Join us on irc.austnet.org #eevblog

The following users thanked this post: ivan747

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 02:54:03 am »
Upon a quick investigation as to this person's YouTube channel, it's a kid. He looks like a 12 year old, and his language seems to match with that assessment. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9BYDbI7G52aIkVqNWMER_Q/videos

The comments seem to be constructed in a manner that would suggest he is trying to appear older. The comment:

"@Red Squirrel He Was a Great man I miss him very much and I hope this message spreads just so all his fans know"

reeks of strange phrasing, and of just a trap. I am fairly certain this is fake, and since there is absolutely no verification besides a random stranger making an unfounded claim, I believe this a kid trying to get people going.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:00:52 am by Ampera »
I forget who I am sometimes, but then I remember that it's probably not worth remembering.

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 02:59:08 am »
His now deleted last video has a long rant about how he's pissed off + upset with the UK government who refused his new wife a visa.

Without knowing all the true details, we can't judge anything.

I don't know the rules about UK, but in US, you can visit the US with intention of getting married and apply for green card, but only under K visa.
If you attempt to do so under a B1/B2 visa or under visa-free program, you will be refused entrance at the best case, or be deported (which implies a 5-year ban) at the worst case.
And if you wonder -- with a legit invitation letter, US consulates are almost guaranteed to issue a K visa.
So why bother? Well, it's just bureaucracy.

I think there is a chance that UK has the same setting, and his wife simply came to UK without a proper marriage visa.

afaiu there were already married

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 03:01:23 am »
I missed that comment, it's a bit different than the one I posted, same thread but the one I posted was a reply to another comment. (I only knew because I had posted in that comment too and got a notification). 

Hopefully we can find better confirmation as to the truth though.   I don't want to spread misinformation but just thought I'd relay this in case, and we can figure it out from here. 

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 03:02:58 am »
Upon a quick investigation as to this person's YouTube channel, it's a kid. He looks like a 12 year old, and his language seems to match with that assessment. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9BYDbI7G52aIkVqNWMER_Q/videos

The comments seem to be constructed in a manner that would suggest he is trying to appear older. The comment:

"@Red Squirrel He Was a Great man I miss him very much and I hope this message spreads just so all his fans know"

reeks of strange phrasing, and of just a trap. I am fairly certain this is fake, and since there is absolutely no verification besides a random stranger making an unfounded claim, I believe this a kid trying to get people going.

Yeah I'm not sure how to take it either tbh.    It seems like it would be such an asshole thing to do to fake someone's death... but I guess it's the internet, and people will do things like that sometimes. 

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 03:03:23 am »

I don't see that comment, which video is it?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 03:04:45 am »

Same video but it's a reply to the first comment.

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 03:08:23 am »

The same video. He added this comment after your quoted one.

Nope, don't see it. I'm sorting by Newest First.

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 03:09:16 am »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 03:12:08 am »

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 03:14:27 am »
Yeah I'm not sure how to take it either tbh.    It seems like it would be such an asshole thing to do to fake someone's death... but I guess it's the internet, and people will do things like that sometimes.
Internet trolls. Just doing it for "fun" and enjoying fooling/annoying people. Giving them attention will encourage them to troll more. Presumably they don't have anything better to do with their time.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 03:14:47 am »
Hmmm ok well this is fishy then.  Maybe it is BS.   Did not notice at first the date was different.

I'm heading to bed... but if no one can confirm it's true then feel free to nuke this thread, didn't want to alarm anyone for nothing. 

Did a quick obituary search but don't know enough about him to do a decent search, but from my quick search didn't find anything.

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 03:20:47 am »
I don't know the rules about UK, but in US...

There's no comparison between the UK and the US where immigration is concerned. The USA has a well organized and regulated system that is professionally run and works like clockwork. The UK is a whole different story. It is very difficult to immigrate to the UK or get a permanent residence permit. The whole system is set up to be complicated, painful to navigate, and to deter you at every turn. Many people have given up in disgust when confronted with the deliberately obstructive and impenetrable bureaucracy involved.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 03:24:33 am »

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 03:29:45 am »
Still not buying it. I'd say if we are really considering it to be possible, wait until further proof comes. Maybe someone wants to scrub obituaries or something else.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 03:50:39 am »
At the end he says the pre-recorded video has been left with a trusted friend along with his Youtube account login details, and that was be be released if anything happened to him.
...and no such video was released despite that kid claiming his death over 3 months ago, so I am quite sure this is just a troll.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 11:17:51 pm »
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Simon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:29:35 pm by Simon »

The following users thanked this post: Chipguy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 12:24:37 am »
Yeah more I see it I think this is indeed a hoax and I apologize for making this thread without more research.    But guess at this point we should still try to confirm either way.  Good to know that some of you have contacts, so best to see what is the most appropriate method and go from here.  Did not know about his company or the name of it.

It would be nice for him to simply make a quick video saying he's still alive but he may have his reasons (legal etc) to not post or show any online presence.

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 01:10:17 am »
If this were true I'd expect the British press would have reported it as he was/is a fairly well known YTer.  The idea that he would have passed away 3 months ago and we're only now getting wind of it also strains credulity. 

OTH, he and his partners surely pushed the envelope of safety on numerous occasions so it's not entirely impossible an accident ended him and if the story about suicidal tendencies are true then that would be another possibility. 

Say what you will about him he sure had/has an entertaining way and his use of language only added to that.  Let's hope he's still with us...

Brian

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 01:42:10 am »
Yeah more I see it I think this is indeed a hoax and I apologize for making this thread without more research.    But guess at this point we should still try to confirm either way.  Good to know that some of you have contacts, so best to see what is the most appropriate method and go from here.  Did not know about his company or the name of it.

It would be nice for him to simply make a quick video saying he's still alive but he may have his reasons (legal etc) to not post or show any online presence.

They wouldn't be leaving him positive feedback for work 2 weeks and 2 months ago.
That is a clue that supports that he is alive.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2019, 02:53:06 am »
They wouldn't be leaving him positive feedback for work 2 weeks and 2 months ago.
That is a clue that supports that he is alive.

Yep, seems pretty conclusive. He's probably in India somewhere being happy.

The following users thanked this post: eti

Offline Mickster

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2019, 03:11:29 am »
His last uploaded YT video, where he was particularly critical (with good reason) about the difficulties experienced when trying to get his wife to the UK, was quite saddening.

IF anything had happened to him though, I'd like to think that maybe a family member, or Polar, might've put something out as a tribute.

Fingers crossed that this is just some dumb sh*t kid doing a stupid troll stunt.
SMH if so.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2019, 03:24:32 am »
He's probably in India somewhere being happy.

If I recall correctly, that was an option he mentioned........

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2019, 03:35:35 am »
His last uploaded YT video, where he was particularly critical (with good reason) about the difficulties experienced when trying to get his wife to the UK, was quite saddening.
IF anything had happened to him though, I'd like to think that maybe a family member, or Polar, might've put something out as a tribute.

He specifically said in that video that a trusted friend has a account login details and there is a pre-recorded video to be released if anything happens to him.

Offline Chipguy

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2019, 09:30:45 am »
NOTE: This message has been deleted by the forum moderator Simon for being against the forum rules and/or at the discretion of the moderator as being in the best interests of the forum community and the nature of the thread.
If you believe this to be in error, please contact the moderator involved.
An optional additional explanation is:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:31:01 pm by Simon »
Where is that smoke coming from?

The following users thanked this post: Mickster

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2019, 03:02:34 pm »

That proves most likely that this kid is a troll.
That is a very good find  :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+ :-+
Well done, thank you!

I was interested in the wallpaper (whether the were photos stuck on or apart of the wallpaper print) and then I was told to stop hawking the kid as they can do stupid things and he his only a kid. So it makes me a bigger troll I suppose.

At the same time his account may also be compromised and it might have not been from him who posted it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:32:09 pm by Simon »

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2019, 04:22:39 pm »
There's no comparison between the UK and the US where immigration is concerned. The USA has a well organized and regulated system that is professionally run and works like clockwork. The UK is a whole different story. It is very difficult to immigrate to the UK or get a permanent residence permit. The whole system is set up to be complicated, painful to navigate, and to deter you at every turn. Many people have given up in disgust when confronted with the deliberately obstructive and impenetrable bureaucracy involved.
HA! I can tell you have never had to deal with them.

The INS and successors are one of the most inept, inefficient and corrupt agencies in the USA. They are underfunded, understaffed and burnt out. They take forever. Most of their staff are burnt out and couldn't care less. And those are the good ones because then you have psychopaths and sadists who take pleasure in playing God and destroying people's lives.   I have seen and suffered much abuse.

The news is full of stories of incompetence and abuse and even corruption. I know quite a few stories personally.

The Oregonian, back in 2000, published a long series of investigative articles exposing the corrupt mess that was the INS and things have only gotten worse since then. https://www.oregonlive.com/editors/index.ssf/2013/04/libertys_heavy_hand.html

Just recently we learnt about the abuse inflicted on the Latino asylum seekers, including being separated from their infant children, which were kept in cages like animals and many of which were lost in the system and could net be reunited with their parents and some died.

The USA has a well regulated system in the same sense Dachau had a well regulated system.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 06:26:15 pm by soldar »
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2019, 04:38:39 pm »
Somebody left another view of "company removed" yesterday.

However doesn't totally set my mind at ease as it can often take months for an installation/service/product/etc to be satisfied with.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:32:47 pm by Simon »

Offline JackJones

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2019, 04:51:57 pm »
It's a pretty common trope to joke about the death of a youtuber that uploads very infrequently. It's prime trolling ground for, well, trolls. I have seen it before. And the kid that posted the original info said this 7 hours ago:

"I’m related to Andy but my cousin andy died and this Andy is still alive"

It makes no sense, either there is some big misunderstanding, or just plain old common trolling.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2019, 04:52:36 pm »
Somebody left another view of Lasertex yesterday.

However doesn't totally set my mind at ease as it can often take months for an installation/service/product/etc to be satisfied with.

He also has an Ebay account.

I think that concludes that he is definitely alive.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:33:39 pm by Simon »

The following users thanked this post: dr.diesel, blueskull, tooki, Falkra, tsman

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2019, 08:20:20 pm »

While I'd say that the US and UK governments are very much kindred spirits, your description of the US system is absolutely batshit crazy wrong.

It's a mess. Applications taking inordinate amounts of time, all kinds of irregularities, etc. If you're living in USA, then you have no idea how US immigration is viewed by foreigners: these days, they only bother trying to move to US as a last resort. The hassle isn't worth it. It's easier to do Europe (including UK) or Australia.

And for long-term green card holders, the process to get US citizenship is taking forever now. We're talking about it taking 10 years to have applications processed. (Not 10 years until you're eligible to apply, 10 years from the time of application!!!) The backlog is unbelievable.

So while the UK does have a strict immigration system, and one that sometimes makes (serious) mistakes, the US system is almost indisputably worse.

(I'm an American living in Europe, and know various Europeans and Americans who've moved to the UK, as well as some Europeans who've moved to USA. And of course tons of people from all over the world who've moved to Switzerland. Switzerland is strict, but efficient and generally fair. USA and UK are both irresponsibly bad.)

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2019, 09:37:29 pm »

setup as a popular response to the bad apples that get in, but it usually it only hit everyone else because the bad apples are often covered by international treaties

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2019, 10:39:47 am »
He also has an Ebay account.
Feedback left for others this month:
I think that concludes that he is definitely alive.

Yep, that pretty much does it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:57:39 pm by EEVblog »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2019, 12:58:19 pm »
I heard from Andy, he's alive and well!  :-+
His wife has now joined him in the UK and they look happy!
He hopes to get back to doing videos soon.
Proof of life:

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2019, 01:03:33 pm »
Good news.

His wife has now joined him in the UK and they look happy!
Fantastic!!   :-+   :-+

The following users thanked this post: zoomtronic, Ampera

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2019, 01:12:20 pm »
This is fantastic news. To hell with that stupid kid

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2019, 01:27:36 pm »
This is fantastic news. To hell with that stupid kid
+1
Proof of lies, what an arsehole he was to spread such crap.   :--   

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2019, 01:43:31 pm »
That is great news.  Hope it inspires him to make an update video.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2019, 01:49:19 pm »
Sneak peek at some of his latest backyard craziness  :scared:

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2019, 01:54:11 pm »
 The copper bus bar alone must have cost a fortune...
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2019, 01:56:47 pm »
Perhaps the thread title could now be amended.   :phew: 

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
Re: Andy/Photonicinduction Alive And Well
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2019, 02:05:15 pm »
Good news!

Someone did change the title, maybe also link the above comment in it?

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:01 pm »
Does this mean he's now as famous as Mark Twain, and Bill Bailey?

Edit. ... and 165 Guests are viewing this topic.  Yes, nearly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:26:08 pm by StillTrying »
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2019, 02:23:05 pm »
Does this mean he's now as famous as Mark Twain, and Bill Bailey?

Indeed!
The rumors of his death have been greatly exaggerated

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2019, 02:47:58 pm »

If you use these to fire an EBW (explosive bridge wire) detonator, you can skip the (chemical) explosives part ;)
Safety devices hinder evolution

Offline Ampera

• Super Contributor
    • Ampera's Forums
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2019, 02:56:11 pm »
Can't wait for more cheap consumer electronics to be detonated with bullshit amounts of electricity. Even his more sane videos are still great fun to watch.

Offline zmaster

• Contributor
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2019, 03:15:24 pm »
Yay!  :)

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2019, 03:25:03 pm »
Nice to see a picture of them live and well.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2019, 03:36:15 pm »
My bank (Barclays) thought I was dead once and send my wife a condolences card. She called me up and said “apparently you are dead” which I double checked. Occasionally I get stupid contract jobs. Such as implement a button that allows people to undecease people  :palm:

Shit happens either through incompetence or someone being a dick. Good to hear he’s not dead.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2019, 04:08:50 pm »

Holy crap - he'd better have a good sound-deadening and shrapnel-containing bunker to fire that lot off in :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2019, 05:06:09 pm »
Bro that sounds like ultratrolling. You can tell from the syntax.

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2019, 06:49:18 pm »
I'm not surprised but am happy he's alive and well with his wife finally able to join him.  Given the time frame you would have expected the British media to have said something about him given his prominence on YT and since they didn't the odds were he was and is alive. 

Trolling is getting out of hand and in addition to the nation state trolls doing there thing to destroy western civilization you also have psychopathic twats that enjoy, actually enjoy doing shit like this.  Mark my words, this kid is likely to progress from trolling and there's no telling who might be his next victim. 

Brian

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2019, 07:00:08 pm »
Trolling is getting out of hand and in addition to the nation state trolls doing there thing to destroy western civilization you also have psychopathic twats that enjoy, actually enjoy doing shit like this.  Mark my words, this kid is likely to progress from trolling and there's no telling who might be his next victim. 
Progress from trolling? It is just a kid saying crap. Are you telling me you never said or did anything stupid when you were a kid? It is a huge leap to go from minor trolling in Youtube to whatever it is you're thinking of here.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2019, 07:01:28 pm »
Great to hear he's alive!

I can't believe I fell for it.    :palm:     I had a bit of skepticism but I kinda had assumed it was true.

Online mauroh

• Frequent Contributor
    • Mauro Pintus
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2019, 07:12:23 pm »

Good to see happy faces  :-+
Looking forward to see some serious sparks!!!

Mauro

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2019, 07:37:40 pm »
While I appreciate the concern for Andy, I find this thread quite creepy.

Yes, you might consider him a "public figure" (on a small scale, overall). But does that justify pulling his company name, home address, ebay account etc. together and publishing all of it in a public thread? And speculating wildly over the very personal circumstances of his life?! And re-publishing a video which he has deleted from his youtube account?

You all are effectively stalking and doxing Andy.
Let the guy live in peace, and grant him some privacy!
I would be much in favor of deleting this entire thread.

The following users thanked this post: Sparky49, DuPe, gnavigator1007

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2019, 08:03:32 pm »
While I appreciate the concern for Andy, I find this thread quite creepy.

Yes, you might consider him a "public figure" (on a small scale, overall). But does that justify pulling his company name, home address, ebay account etc. together and publishing all of it in a public thread? And speculating wildly over the very personal circumstances of his life?! And re-publishing a video which he has deleted from his youtube account?

You all are effectively stalking and doxing Andy.
Let the guy live in peace, and grant him some privacy!

I would be much in favor of deleting this entire thread.

You are right.

Now that we know he is alive maybe this thread should be deleted.

Edit: At the same time the links and information such as his Ebay account and his company feedback was public.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 08:11:35 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline Falkra

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2019, 08:20:23 pm »
It's great to see he is ok.

There are no new youtube videos ?  Well, the most important thing is to know he is ok, right ?

Thanks Andy. Real life first, youtube... well real life first.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2019, 09:02:16 pm »
I started the thread out of concern thinking it was true... but now that we know he's well I'm not against the idea of deleting it.  Probably for the best.   

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2019, 09:40:45 pm »
Right, i have removed any identifiable information. just because he has a business does not mean he wants his details plastered all over the internet and being in the exact same business situation myself (limited company at home address) I know how frighteningly easy it is to get what are infact personal details that by law as a business we have do disclose but there is a difference between disclosure and plastering all over the internet.

From memory in one of his videos he mentions Asperger's and I think he is best left in peace now that we know that he is well as he was not the one that initiated this mess. People with Asperger's may often think of suicide but rarely carry out.

The following users thanked this post: ivan747, benst, BillyD, ebastler, Andrew McNamara, bd139

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2019, 10:02:06 pm »
I've deleted a few more posts with the backedup videos etc, no need to link to them.
We should keep the thread because I've linked to it in various places as proof he's still around.

Offline station240

• Supporter
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2019, 12:45:03 am »

AVX brand, ah he does have good taste in capacitors.

Good to see his Mrs is with him now, we all know that is the real reason he's not made any videos in ages.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2019, 01:57:16 am »
Sorry about that for posting/plastering identifiable information.

I like the one where he threw a brick in a washing machine as it was spinning and it went crazy and it all fell apart on a flowerbed.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2019, 03:08:42 am »
There's a news article from a few years ago with a picture of him, his full name, and a bunch of other details, which anyone would easily be able to find and was obviously written with his consent and understanding that it would be public, so if you worry about "plastering all over the internet" I think that horse has already left the barn (and Andy seems perfectly comfortable with it.) Deleting posts just makes this thread confusing.

The following users thanked this post: OwO

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2019, 04:30:01 am »

First reaction: oh my goodness!

Second reaction: Hmm... I wonder if he's aware of impulse discharge mechanical forces? They can be enormous - easily able to drive bus bars to act like whip-lashing cables, smashing mounts and slicing through the sides of heavy steel cabinets. Very very violent. My first job, I worked at a place making electrical cabinets for heavy motor control. Bus bars MUCH beefier than the ones in that photo. One stage in manufacture was always to send finished cabinets away to be 'fault current tested.'  Sometimes they would come back in interesting exploded configurations, with copper bus bars sticking out through the sides of cabinets like someone's tie blowing in the wind.

If he's actually going to short circuit discharge a bank of HV caps like that, I'd expect the bus bars to be much larger AND heavily clamped together and to some very solid steel reinforcing structure. Not just relying on the cap terminals as mounts. It can tear those off with ease.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the results of his return effort. Maybe he's building a Troll Zapper?
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:40 am »
There's a news article from a few years ago with a picture of him, his full name, and a bunch of other details, which anyone would easily be able to find and was obviously written with his consent and understanding that it would be public, so if you worry about "plastering all over the internet" I think that horse has already left the barn (and Andy seems perfectly comfortable with it.) Deleting posts just makes this thread confusing.

As I said there is a difference between stuff that he knows about and requires some research and plastering it around. You can easily find out where i live and I have to make that available by law but I would take a very dim view of my address being stuck on this forum for no good reason just because it's also somewhere else. As far as i know he has never mentioned his company name and from that you get his address. As much as he may be OK with it I don't think he wants every tom dick and harry on his doorstep.

The following users thanked this post: ebastler, bd139, gerber

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2019, 07:33:56 am »
Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the results of his return effort. Maybe he's building a Troll Zapper?

In his previous deleted video he mentioned it's for experiments on his hydrogen separation "free energy" experiments.

Offline saph

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2019, 08:27:12 am »
Glad he is alive and well been checking here every day to see anything new.

Now hopfuly this annoying trol deletes their lies and goes back to being hidden.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2019, 01:33:26 pm »

You are correct that all information which was posted in this thread is publicly available in principle. But the connection between the various bits is not always obvious, and it is not clear at all to me whether Andy wants these connections to be generally known: His Youtube presence does not mention his last name, I believe. That article about his street light does not mention his Youtube identity. Nowhere does he link to that Youtube video which he has posted last year, then deleted from his account.

Dragging all these connections out into the open, and preserving them on a public forum for future reference, is "doxing" to me. Doing so in the context of a speculative discussion of Andy's health and mental state is "creepy", and socially unacceptable behaviour in my book.

Anyway, I am glad that this thread has been sanitized somewhat - thanks, Simon and Dave!

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2019, 01:45:47 pm »
I've deleted a few more posts with the backedup videos etc, no need to link to them.
We should keep the thread because I've linked to it in various places as proof he's still around.
I can understand you deleting the links to the backup videos but did you really have to delete my entire post, which quoted the offending one with the video? Couldn't you have simply removed the quote, leaving the rest of the post in place?

In his previous deleted video he mentioned it's for experiments on his hydrogen separation "free energy" experiments.
Yes, as I said, he appears to have lost it. I think the hydrogen generator was separate from the free energy experiment, which involved a huge coil to extract the energy from the earth spinning, although he didn't go into much detail.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2019, 02:33:14 pm »
How do we know Andy himself is not the troll here with all the story.

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2019, 03:16:08 pm »
I think the whole thread should be deleted(not locked) to prevent any future confusion, I don't think it adds anything useful, or just leave the one 'linked to' EEVblog Alive post.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/photonicinduction-passed-away-(unconfirmed)/msg2159500/#msg2159500
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

The following users thanked this post: ve7xen, Yansi

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2019, 06:54:00 pm »
How do we know Andy himself is not the troll here with all the story.

I think he is resting and recovering from the ordeal that he had with the home office.
Also he pulled down that video down when the problem was solved.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 06:55:48 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2019, 09:18:07 pm »
Progress from trolling? It is just a kid saying crap. Are you telling me you never said or did anything stupid when you were a kid? It is a huge leap to go from minor trolling in Youtube to whatever it is you're thinking of here.

Trolling about the death of someone isn't 'minor trolling' whatever the f#ck that is.  Trolling is an evil that must be challenged. 

Kids don't get a pass here either as they are some of the worst when it comes to pushing teens to kill themselves.

Brian

Offline LapTop006

• Supporter
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2019, 12:32:13 pm »
The copper bus bar alone must have cost a fortune...

Not if you're happy to use "fell of the back of a truck" bar stock, and even for something as simple as copper busbars I've seen recalls that will have required "destruction".

These days it would almost certainly be remelted, but even just a few years back you could probably disappear a few tens of meters without being noticed if you were refitting a telco office.

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2019, 12:51:00 pm »
Disappointed that those caps aren't all going to discharge at the same time.  I can see the risetime, it'll be on the order of 10 or 20 us.  Then a couple hundred for full discharge, along the loaded transmission line.

The reason for the slow risetime is the ESL to each cap, plus the high impedance transmission line they're loading down.

It would be much faster if a close parallel-plate bus were used, but that would be more expensive.  On the upside, it could be built from roofing flashing, also aluminum.  No need for meaty connections once the current has spread out.

So, he'll get all the energy from that, but not as much peak power as you might expect.

No idea if he'll have an oscilloscope handy to measure this -- or be able to measure it at all, at scale (at full charge, that is).  Same dynamics at 1V as at 10,000, of course, so it's easily confirmed separately.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2019, 10:01:37 pm »
So what's the plan for that stupid kid then ?   :box:  for breaking everyones balls, yes the ladies too

Suggestions?  :-// 

24 hour 'time out' spent in a dark, spider infested shed,

no gaming

no internet 

no maccas (ok, that's getting into torture territory, but...)

Ordeal by trolling
(post he's been found deceased in a bath tub via cheap phone charger, the funeral date/ everyone welcome, Facebook Tribute pages  :'( :( etc) 

or ALL the above ?

or he can bypass the lot and star in the next Photonicinduction video (Troll Zapper Mk1)  gripping those copper bars for a ms period set by his trolling victim Mr. PI   :clap:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:04:25 pm by Electro Detective »

Offline SparkFly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2019, 10:19:38 pm »
How about just ignoring the troll...

Trolls want one thing - attention. You keep giving it to them just by talking about them. Call them names, fantasise about ridiculous punishments, whatever... You are doing _exactly_ what the troll wants.

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2019, 11:14:07 pm »
So what's the plan for that stupid kid then ?

Nothing, just revel in that he's almost certainly going to lead a miserable pathetic life.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2019, 04:30:43 am »
How about just ignoring the troll...

Trolls want one thing - attention. You keep giving it to them just by talking about them. Call them names, fantasise about ridiculous punishments, whatever... You are doing _exactly_ what the troll wants.

Most trolls can dish it out as long as nothing can fly back,
but give them a dose of it and they don't cope well. If they're immature dumbasses the shock of payback may wake them up.

Then again, the little twat might jump off the top floor of his parents shoebox high riser,
after signing off with a load of personal BS boo hoo  :'( including
"...  fridge empty, joystick broken, boyfriend dumped me, and the now the internet hates me, bye"

LOL, so better to roll with -IGNORE- for the sake of his parents and rels  :phew:

Still, he needs to be TOLD by those that cloth and feed him that he can't do stupid stuff like that and expect no consequences   :horse:

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2019, 07:18:28 am »
Sadly the internet is totally unregulated as it's regulation would require actual cooperation between countries law enforcement instead of treaties and warm fuzzy words. but yes the kid will probably never get very far in life so who cares.

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:09 am »
Guys, can't you please let this matter rest? What's next?? Is someone going to find out the kid's name and address now and post it here, to dish out some "education"?!

Please, let's all refocus on our own affairs, and on electronics.

The following users thanked this post: BillyD, langwadt, tooki, tsman, InductorbackEMF, MrMobodies, eti, gerber

Offline charsi

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2019, 12:13:10 am »
So glad to see Andy alive and well. Been checking his youtube for any new updates on him. His deleted video had me worried.

Great to see him with his wife.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2020, 04:41:15 am »
Sorry for the necropost...

Dave and others... Has anyone had an update from Andy (PhotonicInduction) lately? Is he still doing well? Has he moved on from Youtube? Did he resolve his wife's immigration issues?

He had has a lot of fans.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 04:43:51 am by Halcyon »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2020, 09:28:39 am »
Sorry for the necropost...
Dave and others... Has anyone had an update from Andy (PhotonicInduction) lately? Is he still doing well? Has he moved on from Youtube? Did he resolve his wife's immigration issues?
He had has a lot of fans.

Haven't heard.
Last he said the immigration issues were resolved.

The following users thanked this post: Red Squirrel, Halcyon

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2020, 11:39:19 am »
Just heard from Andy
He's gone all John Wick.
I once saw him kill three washing machines in a bar with a power cord, a friggin' power cord.

Videos have been shot. He's currently in a running sledge hammer battle with a troublesome Windows video editor. The scene is not pretty.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, fcb, Andy Watson, Red Squirrel, RoGeorge, mnementh, 2N3055, bd139, factory

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2020, 11:51:47 am »
Love it!

The following users thanked this post: medical-nerd

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2020, 12:40:43 pm »
Agreed.

... and I can completely understand that.

Looking good Andy!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2020, 03:49:02 pm »
Looks like a printer may have been one of his victims.  It probably deserved it.  :-DD   

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2020, 03:59:39 pm »
one? I'd say two printer carcasses there :)

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2020, 04:17:40 pm »
What is so funny? This guy needs professional medical help  :-//

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2020, 04:21:10 pm »
There’s the voice of someone who doesn’t have to deal with printers  :-DD

I kicked my HP inkjet all the way to the car a few weeks back.

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2020, 04:52:55 pm »
Yup. https://old.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/comments/6uxpy2/satisfying_cthulhu/

Printers are *EVIL* and inkjets especially are determined to prevent any tech not wearing a full NBC suit from appearing in polite society for the next fortnight!  I used to schedule inkjet repairs based on my forthcoming plans for my social life, as cleaning out the purge tank was invariably more disfiguring than prison tattoos, till one had shed sufficient epidermis. . .  :scared:

I'm surprised you punted the HP towards your car, as you should know that extreme precautions are required when approaching any non-beater vehicle with a used inkjet.  If your car has nice light colored leather seats, shrink wrapping the printer with a diaper under it, putting it in a lidded watertight storage box, then getting a bystander who hasn't handled the printer to double bag the whole box with bin bags wouldn't be excessive if you want to avoid ineradicable ink stains on the leatherwork.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:03:58 pm by Ian.M »

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2020, 05:15:43 pm »

I remember him mentioning in one of his videos that he had not taken his medication for his aspergers, more like ADHD I suspect as there is no medication for aspergers. I take medication now for ADHD, beyond that what else do you expect them to do for him?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:18:07 pm by Simon »

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2020, 05:25:21 pm »
Printers are *EVIL* and inkjets especially are determined to prevent any tech not wearing a full NBC suit from appearing in polite society for the next fortnight!  I used to schedule inkjet repairs based on my forthcoming plans for my social life, as cleaning out the purge tank was invariably more disfiguring than prison tattoos, till one had shed sufficient epidermis. . .  :scared:

Worse than that, some of the HP ones with integrated tank/head used to develop a fault that caused the cartridge to burst, tended to happen with refilled carts more often but I saw it with brand new HP ones.

It's one of the reasons I only buy laser printers.

*edit* I should add, I'm very pleased Photonic Inducton is OK.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 07:42:42 pm by CJay »

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2020, 05:29:16 pm »
Snap. Kids have to colour their bloody homework in if they like it or not  :-DD

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2020, 06:50:34 pm »
He's looking pretty healthy these days. Maybe he has given up the smoking? Hope to have him back some day, if not on Youtube, maybe on the forum?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2020, 06:51:50 pm »
I think the kettle full of piss probably did more damage to his lungs than the fags.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2020, 10:42:13 pm »

I remember him mentioning in one of his videos that he had not taken his medication for his aspergers, more like ADHD I suspect as there is no medication for aspergers. I take medication now for ADHD, beyond that what else do you expect them to do for him?
I was thinking more of a psychological help.

Online The Soulman

• Frequent Contributor
  • The sky is the limit!
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2020, 10:54:11 pm »
I think the kettle full of piss probably did more damage to his lungs than the fags.

I like to think the kettle was filled with beer.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2020, 02:58:31 am »
BTW, he's in desperate need of computer help. He said he's computer illiterate and that Windows updates are just killing his machine and his video editor doesn't work. And it's just killing his enthusiam to get videos out.
Really basic stuff like this is preventing him from releasing videos  :(

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2020, 09:28:47 am »
BTW, he's in desperate need of computer help. He said he's computer illiterate and that Windows updates are just killing his machine and his video editor doesn't work. And it's just killing his enthusiam to get videos out.

Which bit of the world is he in?

I might be able to help with a bit of extra RAM, storage and some remote support etc.

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2020, 09:47:15 am »
Just heard from Andy
He's gone all John Wick.
I once saw him kill three washing machines in a bar with a power cord, a friggin' power cord.

Videos have been shot. He's currently in a running sledge hammer battle with a troublesome Windows video editor. The scene is not pretty.

I wanted flames.
iratus parum formica

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2020, 09:50:15 am »

I like to think the kettle was filled with beer.

It was beer once.

Which bit of the world is he in?

I might be able to help with a bit of extra RAM, storage and some remote support etc.

He’s in SE London. Think it was around Gravesend area. Recognised something from one of his videos. Looks like it needs some on site magic but alas we’re all bloody locked down here  :--

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2020, 10:59:33 am »

He’s in SE London. Think it was around Gravesend area. Recognised something from one of his videos. Looks like it needs some on site magic but alas we’re all bloody locked down here  :--

Can do a lot with quick assist if the machine is capable of getting onto the 'net, he's got a failed Windows update, would need to investigate why it's failing, then clean it up and re-run it.

Don't know what spec his machine is but I've always got a few bits and pieces kicking around which may be an upgrade for him (they may also be lower spec than he already has).

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2020, 11:03:57 am »
Probably windows 2004. I know someone who just hit a wall on that. Took 14 hours to update then hosed itself entirely on rollback. Eventually he went and bought an iPad Pro  :-DD

Offline jmelson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2020, 05:22:31 pm »
Probably windows 2004. I know someone who just hit a wall on that. Took 14 hours to update then hosed itself entirely on rollback. Eventually he went and bought an iPad Pro  :-DD
Well, he ought to be using Linux.  I'm running a system I installed in 2013 as my main desktop.  I'm going to be forced to update sometime, but haven't needed to, yet.  it has been up pretty much for 61000 hours (7 years) and I have only installed, I think, one security update.  (Yes, it is behind a firewall.)  All automatic updates are turned off.  I have a TON of custom software pluse several virtual machines running various Windows versions for tax programs and electronic CAD, so updating is very tricky.  Every decade or so I just build a whole new system, computer, OS etc. and
migrate over.

Jon

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2020, 05:37:12 pm »
Oh here we go. Perhaps he doesn’t want to use Linux. As mentioned he’s not entirely computer literate. Just wants what he’s got to work. That’s usually my demand when something goes snap. As a professional Linux sort of person during the day, it’s quite frankly the worst solution for nearly every desktop consider user if you ask me. There is so much that does go wrong outside of the average sample size of single desktop power users.

Ergo you’re trading one set of problems for another one with less people who can solve them. That happens to be convenient for me because I get paid more for the specialist knowledge but it’s quite frankly wrong for the majority.

As for not running updates, that’s stupid. Don’t do it. I’m not even going to sit and spoon feed this past reminding people that a similar analogy of “smoking didn’t give me cancer”  :palm:

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2020, 07:17:04 pm »
I'm not the most computer literate person and I have no problem with Linux, as a desktop. I don't know much Bash, because I don't need to. If I get stuck, I can normally find a solution by Googling it.

I wonder if anyone nearby could help him? If it's for work purposes, then it's within the COVID-19 rules. He could just pay a nominal amount, to tick the COVID box, just so no one gets fined.

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2020, 11:27:03 pm »
Does anyone recognise the video editor? What would cause it to show the red exclamation mark icon instead of (I assume) a thumbnail of the video clips?

Changing OS doesn't sound useful and, especially not to Linux, for a computer illiterate person.  Focus on the problem symptoms.

It could be a bug in the video editor or as simple as a Windows option to always show an icon instead of a thumbnail if the video editor software takes a lead from the OS settings.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2020, 08:17:07 am »
Does anyone recognise the video editor? What would cause it to show the red exclamation mark icon instead of (I assume) a thumbnail of the video clips?

Changing OS doesn't sound useful and, especially not to Linux, for a computer illiterate person.  Focus on the problem symptoms.

It could be a bug in the video editor or as simple as a Windows option to always show an icon instead of a thumbnail if the video editor software takes a lead from the OS settings.

It's Pinnacle Studio and the red exclamation mark usually means it can't find the source material because the file has been moved or deleted apparently, I guess it's possible he's got a failed disk or maybe malware.

Agree a move to Linux is a bad idea, people can whine about how MS is bad, how Linux is so awesome etc. but it's not a useful comment to suggest moving to a complete new OS and away from all the familiar apps.

Offline TheAmmoniacal

• Supporter
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2020, 09:56:31 am »
I can see that his files are stored under his user directory in Windows, more than one recent windows update has messed up those directories, see:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-the-latest-windows-update-moved-all-my/2f2070ab-3c6f-4417-8c5f-33980cb728c9

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/windows-10-update-causing-user-file-deletion/

It's possible that the video files have been moved into a sub-directory or something.

Personally I don't do anything important on Windows anymore, moved onto linux (Pop_OS!) 2 years ago for my main workstation. Of course it's not something I would recommend for just anyone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 10:01:04 am by TheAmmoniacal »

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2020, 04:22:42 pm »
I wonder if it would make sense him moving to Mac? Perhaps someone could help him to set up a hackintosh, so he can use a lot of his existing hardware?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2021, 05:06:23 am »
Linux and Kdenlive might be an option too.  It's not the most full featured editor but I find it's more stable than anything in windows I've ever worked with.  For the type of videos he makes it's probably good enough.  Best of all it's free so he can try it and if he does not like it he can move on.   Linux Mint is pretty easy to use if you're only doing basic desktop stuff.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2021, 07:44:04 am »
I'm with the simple wisdom expressed here..... Changing platforms is not something some people can handle at all well - and Andy should not be expected to.  It's like saying his car has a flat tyre and he can't get the wheel off - so he should get a different car.

Please - all he needs is a little help.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 07:45:38 am by Brumby »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2021, 08:02:46 am »
I wonder if it would make sense him moving to Mac? Perhaps someone could help him to set up a hackintosh, so he can use a lot of his existing hardware?

It just needs windows to be fixed or reinstalled.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2021, 09:22:48 am »
So, anyone able to get in touch with him?

As stated, happy to try and help.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2021, 10:31:03 am »

It just needs windows to be fixed or reinstalled.
That's true, but how long will it be before it goes wrong again?

I've had to fix my dad's PC a couple of times in the last year. The problem is Windows 10 randomly decides to uninstall some of his software, which it doesn't like, every now and then. Unfortunately I can't do it remotely, so reluctantly go to his house, which I'm not sure is allowed given the current circumstances, but it's more important than ever that he has his PC at the moment. I hope going to relatives' houses to perform essential work, such as repairing their PC and replacing a smoke alarm battery: at one point the damn thing kept going off and my dad didn't feel comfortable with climbing a ladder to do it himself. Of course we all wore masks, kept at least 2m distance, I used hand sanitiser and cleaned everything afterwards.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2021, 01:24:40 pm »
It just needs windows to be fixed or reiand reliable nstalled.

With the exception of Windows 3.11, Windows 10 has been the most robust and reliable release I've used.
There is probably some hardware or other conflict that is preventing Windows update from installing so it just reverts back every time. 

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2021, 05:33:53 pm »

With the exception of Windows 3.11, Windows 10 has been the most robust and reliable release I've used.
There is probably some hardware or other conflict that is preventing Windows update from installing so it just reverts back every time.
No, it definitely updates. It just deletes stuff it doesn't like, for some bizarre reason. I get fed up with fixing it. |O

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2021, 07:07:39 pm »
I love Windows 10 so much I just bought another Mac. Also I can pretend I have no idea how to fix it then when I'm perpetually asked. "I'm a mac user so no idea"  :-DD

Killer was Windows 10 20H2 where they actually broke Alt-tab to the point it's unusable. For some users (both of my computers), it switches randomly between the second and third window each time you do it. 25 years of muscle memory down the shitter. It's QA breaking changes like that which completely finished it for me. The thousandth paper cut. Unfortunately I still have to put up with the corp turd Dell for the near future until I've ported some stuff from Windows to Linux >:(
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 07:09:34 pm by bd139 »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2021, 10:57:41 pm »
No, it definitely updates. It just deletes stuff it doesn't like, for some bizarre reason. I get fed up with fixing it. |O

Andy sent me screen shot that I shared here that shows the "restoring your previous version of Windows", that's what it does when an update fails.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2021, 11:36:24 pm »
Ah standard shite. Last one of them I had I left it. It had a spinny rust disk in it which takes forever, something MS staff seem not to care about. Took 14 hours but eventually unfucked itself.

You can boot into recovery mode as well and tell it to reinstall windows and keep files. Whack F11 like a mentalist and follow the fairly well described menu entries.

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2021, 12:16:08 am »
Friends don't let friends use Windows.
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: NiHaoMike, Red Squirrel, schmitt trigger

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2021, 05:40:33 am »

You're talking about an OS which forces you to manually install a vendor driver to update it, then proceeds on the next boot to force you to reinstall the Microsoft supplied driver which is incompatible with the update you just installed, which results in a fallback to VGA mode, and a really difficult loop to break out before you can force it to ignore the driver they're trying to shove down your throat, despite knowing full well that it won't work.

It's an untested pile of vomit, much like every other version, except now they change the flavour on a weekly basis.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2021, 08:55:42 am »

Andy sent me screen shot that I shared here that shows the "restoring your previous version of Windows", that's what it does when an update fails.
My dad's PC didn't to that, it just randomly uninstalled his software, but you're right, if it does that, any software installed after the previous restore point, will be gone.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2021, 08:57:39 am »
Friends don't let friends use Windows.

Not since mainstream support for Windows 7 ended in 2015, no. :-P

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline RumbaMon

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2021, 04:35:31 am »
Any further news?? Any idea if he is coming back to YT? He has got a great Fan-Following after all waiting for him to be back ASAP.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2021, 07:28:44 am »
yes I have some new respect for his work when I got a 2000 amp resistance soldering transformer a while back, I have been able to do flame straitening of metal using nothing but resistance.

Not very useful compared to normal electircal welding but it is quite interesting, since you do fine work with 4/0 gauge cable. I don't think I would have thought to try the method out if I did not remember his you tube channel. It is a little slow and tedious and the control is a little wonky because of soot but it is a very tame process. It is only a single phase (20A) unit with a massive step down ratio. It is interesting how voltage almost ceases to matter when doing this. And if you do it for a while its quite a work out dealing with those gigantic cables. Also the cost is very little so I can attempt some serious bullshit work *untouchable materials, seriously warped failed projects* that would make me question the use of acetylene (the only other way I could do it)

I am guessing its not popular because using high current tools by hand is very unwieldy, difficult and slow, compared to a cute little induction heater.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 07:36:16 am by coppercone2 »

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2021, 05:45:05 pm »
Whenever I'm feeling down or depressed, I watch the video where he throws a big rock into a spinning washing machine. That always cheers me up.
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

The following users thanked this post: MrMobodies

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2021, 12:43:30 am »
Whenever I'm feeling down or depressed, I watch the video where he throws a big rock into a spinning washing machine. That always cheers me up.

As I recall he was inspired to do that by a late friend of mine. Memories..

I hope he's still doing well.

Offline lurntwubber

« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2021, 11:05:07 am »
After doing my quarterly check to see if Andy had posted any more videos i found this thread!

Firstly, very happy he is alive, well and not currently in India - but if Mr Eevblog can relay the message i am more than happy to assist in any computer woes, even if it's just pointing in the right direction. It is my bread and butter, and the least i could do for the hours of hilarious, questionably safe, beer swilling electronic tom-foolery.

Can provide email/FBmessenger/whatsapp on reqeuest.

Might want to also add, more than happy to edit some videos too, maybe you can knock up an NDA alongside that health and safety document  :-+

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2021, 11:06:55 am »
After doing my quarterly check to see if Andy had posted any more videos i found this thread!

Firstly, very happy he is alive, well and not currently in India - but if Mr Eevblog can relay the message i am more than happy to assist in any computer woes, even if it's just pointing in the right direction. It is my bread and butter, and the least i could do for the hours of hilarious, questionably safe, beer swilling electronic tom-foolery.

Can provide email/FBmessenger/whatsapp on reqeuest.

Might want to also add, more than happy to edit some videos too, maybe you can knock up an NDA alongside that health and safety document  :-+

His contact email is on his Youtube profile I believe.

Offline lurntwubber

« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2021, 09:05:36 pm »
Ah, so it is.

Sent.  ^-^

Offline Giaime

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2021, 01:37:28 pm »

He's VERY alive it seems  ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 01:46:39 am by EEVblog »

The following users thanked this post: tom66, Towger, pardo-bsso, joeqsmith, sandalcandal

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2021, 04:09:27 pm »
He's comprehensively addressed his PC issue:

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Red Squirrel

Online The Soulman

• Frequent Contributor
  • The sky is the limit!
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2021, 07:05:18 pm »
Yep, good to see he is back, he even gained a couple of pounds.  :-DD  :-+

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2021, 08:30:52 pm »
Yep, good to see he is back, he even gained a couple of pounds.  :-DD  :-+
Stopping smoking can do that. I hope he does go to the gym. It would be good to have him around for many years to come.

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2021, 08:36:30 pm »
I want flames.

:rant:
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2021, 01:46:12 am »

Yep, looks sorted  :-+

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2021, 05:23:54 am »

Yep, looks sorted  :-+

We've all done it. Not all will admit it.  :)
iratus parum formica

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2021, 08:29:05 pm »
Complexity is the number-one enemy of high-quality code.

The following users thanked this post: Red Squirrel

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2021, 09:03:51 pm »
His now deleted last video has a long rant about how he's pissed off + upset with the UK government who refused his new wife a visa.

Without knowing all the true details, we can't judge anything.

I don't know the rules about UK, but in US, you can visit the US with intention of getting married and apply for green card, but only under K visa.
If you attempt to do so under a B1/B2 visa or under visa-free program, you will be refused entrance at the best case, or be deported (which implies a 5-year ban) at the worst case.
And if you wonder -- with a legit invitation letter, US consulates are almost guaranteed to issue a K visa.
So why bother? Well, it's just bureaucracy.

I think there is a chance that UK has the same setting, and his wife simply came to UK without a proper marriage visa.

afaiu there were already married
I'm British.We had been married for 21 years when my wife and I came to the UK to live, but my wife still has to go through the same process as a fiance or a newly wed to get a visa to stay beyond the visa free period permitted by her passport. Photoinduction's problem seemed to be that he couldn't meet the income or saving requirement for bringing a partner to the UK. You have to show you have an adequate income to support both of you, and any children you may have.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2021, 10:43:54 pm »
Glad to see he's back at it!   8)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2021, 10:47:55 pm »
Photoinduction's problem seemed to be that he couldn't meet the income or saving requirement for bringing a partner to the UK. You have to show you have an adequate income to support both of you, and any children you may have.

The problem wasn't the lack of income, is was the red tape in requring regular payslips from an employer which a self employed person like Andy can't show.
So in the end he had to start paying himself through payslips as an employee of his own company for 12 months to meet the red tape requirement.
Try getting a home loan being self employed...

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2021, 01:11:35 am »
Photoinduction's problem seemed to be that he couldn't meet the income or saving requirement for bringing a partner to the UK. You have to show you have an adequate income to support both of you, and any children you may have.

The problem wasn't the lack of income, is was the red tape in requring regular payslips from an employer which a self employed person like Andy can't show.
So in the end he had to start paying himself through payslips as an employee of his own company for 12 months to meet the red tape requirement.
Try getting a home loan being self employed...
I didn't say he had a lack of income. I said he didn't meet the requirements. Even if you don't have weekly or monthly pay slips to show, if you have declared your income properly there would be tax records showing your income meets the requirements. The unreasonable part of the income requirement is that there are many British + non-British couples living outside the UK who can't move to the UK, because they can't get a visa for the non-British partner, because they don't have a job in the UK. The jobs they have in the country they want to leave don't count, because they would be giving them up if they move to the UK. If the partner with a potentially high income is not the British one it gets even messier. The current requirements were introduced to reduce the number of people coming to the UK and immediately seeking welfare, but it has really made life hard for a number of people who are unlikely to be a burden on the state.

In the end Photoinduction didn't use payslips. He accumulated the required savings in an account, and used that to get a visa.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 01:14:17 am by coppice »

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2021, 01:26:38 am »
Good to see him back. He looks healthy (obviously gave up the cigarettes).

Offline AntiProtonBoy

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2021, 02:08:31 am »
Glad the whole visa shit show worked out for both of them in the end.

Online The Soulman

• Frequent Contributor
  • The sky is the limit!
« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2021, 09:20:54 pm »
Anyone knows what happened to his other channel: IAintAvinit?

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2021, 04:21:44 am »
I didn't know he had a second channel but I looked and couldn't find anything but a cached copy:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qysJOARE5JMJ:https://www.youtube.com/playlist%3Flist%3DUUyp-83jAEY2Q2IiRwvfOHMQ+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Last updated on Jul 23, 2020

I like the sound of his voice when he says the words "volts" and "amps".

The following users thanked this post: The Soulman

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2021, 06:29:27 am »
His latest video has hit 1.3M views  :clap:

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: June 12, 2021, 10:00:55 pm »
The news is spreading. :D

Best Regards, Chris

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2021, 10:38:07 pm »
He is a very likable guy and covers destruction in a great balance of irony and humour. As a non native speaker, however, his accent requires quite some time for my ears to adjust - just like Mike Harrison and a certain Dave Jones (although the latter was much easier)
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2021, 10:54:40 pm »
He is a very likable guy and covers destruction in a great balance of irony and humour. As a non native speaker, however, his accent requires quite some time for my ears to adjust - just like Mike Harrison and a certain Dave Jones (although the latter was much easier)

The phonton vid has CC [closed captioning]. I just checked and seems OK, however it thinks he is blowing a '5000 temp' fuse.

Now -that- sounds interesting.
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline I wanted a rude username

• Frequent Contributor
  • ... but this username is also acceptable.
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2021, 12:35:07 am »
It's like watching a Jack Ketch execution ...

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2021, 04:48:23 am »

The following users thanked this post: duckduck

Offline wilfred

• Super Contributor
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2021, 05:53:19 am »
I'm always amazed by strange coincidences. I was listening to a live stream by an Aussie car guy who has a modest channel but popular by Australian standards. He mentioned Photoinduction and didn't sound like he knew he was back on YT. So Andy's popularity is widespread. I shouldn't be surprised by the views his latest video got. I just wished he could collaborate with the Slo-Mo Guys for a super slow-mo of that fuse popping.

https://youtu.be/CeE2XJf494A?t=3618 this is the link to Peter Andersons stream.

Online T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2021, 10:35:59 am »
A Mehdi collab would be cool too.

Although, for all the stuff he gets shocked by / blows up / lights on fire -- I think he would be well and truly scared to meet Andy in person. :-DD

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

Offline Dave3

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2021, 08:23:43 pm »
Another new video from PhotonicInduction!

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2021, 08:57:07 pm »
A severe deviation from approved conductor colour coding!  ;D
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Someone

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2021, 05:46:34 am »
A severe deviation from approved conductor colour coding!  ;D

Oh dear! An atrocious violation of electrical regulations! This man must be stopped! :-DD
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

The following users thanked this post: Gyro

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2021, 06:13:41 am »
Comment by The Slow Mo Guys

This channel is what YouTube was invented for

:)
iratus parum formica

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2021, 09:35:51 pm »
I'm happy to see he's back.  Came out of the gate with the 5000A fuse.  So much prep work.  Is is friend who helped in the earlier videos still with him?

That's not a capacitor bank.  This is a capacitor bank!!   :-DD :-DD   Imagine that thing sitting in your yard! 

Offline msuffidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2021, 11:07:40 pm »
He seems to be alive and well amazingly. He gets awfully close to active high power stuff. In the last knife melting video he was like sticking his hand in the smaller windings of his DIY transformer. He does a lot of the smaller turn massive metal ones and it is amazing that actually works. Those setups look like it will be hard to figure out what is going to melt, like the coil, the wire, etc... Can't you just get a Brit wife, I guess they are too b**tch.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 11:11:28 pm by msuffidy »

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2021, 02:17:53 pm »
He seems to be alive and well amazingly. He gets awfully close to active high power stuff. In the last knife melting video he was like sticking his hand in the smaller windings of his DIY transformer. He does a lot of the smaller turn massive metal ones and it is amazing that actually works. Those setups look like it will be hard to figure out what is going to melt, like the coil, the wire, etc...
I haven't watched that video yet, but he clearly knows what he's doing, otherwise he would have been burnt to a crisp years ago.
Can't you just get a Brit wife, I guess they are too b**tch.
He already tried that and it didn't end well. Hopefully she saw his channel, before meeting him. Perhaps she was a fan, before they met?

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2021, 02:23:15 pm »
Must have paid a fortune just for the copper bus bars alone.
This was not a new setup though, i am certain i saw it some years ago.

Offline kosmonooit

• Contributor
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2021, 06:45:22 pm »
He said in his comments that he picks up all those cables and bus bars etc  from used components merchants that only sell to the trade.

I like his style and he makes me laugh, in particular his recent 'what happened to me' video when the talks about the security guard following him in a store, cracked me up proper! Right out of "Derick and Clive" lol

Where is his new missus from? I am sure she won't have him burning the carpets!

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2021, 09:30:54 pm »
Learn't something new today about rectification in the 60's using tubes from his latest video and all sorts of diodes at different ratings.

Testing The 50 Year Old Mercury Arc Rectifier:

Very direct and down the business as usual when it comes to showing us things which is something I like and I don't get confused so easily.

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2021, 10:48:32 am »
That has to to be the most amazing y/t unboxing ever.
iratus parum formica

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2021, 10:32:40 pm »
Agreed!
Who keeps a mercury rectifier on its original shipping crate for over half a century?
BTW: he looks he is eating much better! He has gained weight
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:46:44 pm by schmitt trigger »

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2021, 11:21:04 am »
Who keeps a mercury rectifier on its original shipping crate for over half a century?
You'd be amazed how much completely unused 50 year old stuff is sitting around in warehouses, especially when the military is involved. Just look at some of the YouTube channels that look at old technology, and how many unused products in their original packaging they manage to pick up. Photonicinduction is just one of many, focussing on different areas of technology.

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2021, 12:03:12 pm »
I always wanted one of those rectifiers after seeing them in the London Science Museum in South Kensington as a kid. The used to have one running, and one with a button on the outside of the wooden display case which activated the energised dipping starter electrode.

I was once driving home from work (back in the early '80s) when I was surprise to see a pile of them on the back of a lorry going in the opposite direction! I've no idea whether they were intact or had been drained of Mercury (presumably so!) but the shapes were unmistakeable.
Best Regards, Chris

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2021, 12:35:40 pm »
People gain popularity by appearing on Youtube and doing stuff. This guy gained popularity by Not appearing and doing nothing for long time.
I understand this is not his fault but rather twisted mind of the crowd, who made the poor guy a martyr citing his personal issues. I find this very weird.

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2021, 02:05:53 pm »
I find this very weird.
I find everything related to large groups of humans very weird.  And scary.

The following users thanked this post: AmnevaR

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2021, 04:38:15 pm »
People miss things they haven't seen or used for a long time; this brings them back to a time where memories tend to become rosy as time goes by (i.e., only good things tend to surface). In other words, nostalgia.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2021, 06:19:46 pm »
You'd be amazed how much completely unused 50 year old stuff is sitting around in warehouses, especially when the military is involved.
You are absolutely correct.
A guy once made some videos of a military warehouse where one could see dozens of boxes of piston rings for the Wright Cyclone engines used on the B-29 Superfortress.

But in Photonic’s video, one can very briefly read the shipping label where -apparently- the box was initially sent to some sort of amusement park.

Offline msuffidy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2021, 04:45:25 am »
Pretty sure that is London, was a first guess.

Online Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2021, 11:45:41 am »
Photon. Where for art thou?
iratus parum formica

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf