Author Topic: playstation eye  (Read 1100 times)

Offline sony mavicaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
playstation eye
« on: November 02, 2016, 09:58:13 pm »
seen some videos online of the playstation eye and it looks great for a web camera used for less then $9nzd including shipping from the us to nz
you can pick one up not bad

and on wikipedia it says it does 640×480@75 fps really? for a cheap camera that is great as 640x480 is fine for me and can do 320×240@187 fps

320x240 is a little low but at 187fps it be ok for some slow motion video 187fps is not going to be the best for slow motion but its better then 60fps slow motion

are the fps wikipedia say correct? and has anybody ever used this camera before as a webcam? seem like the best option for me as i don't need an hd webcam and will only be using the camera lets say once a week or month or so   
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:04:16 pm by sony mavica »
MORE POWER!

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
Re: playstation eye
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 10:44:51 pm »
I have it working with Skype on win7, it is a great camera. I believe i installed a 3rd party driver.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: sony mavica

Offline m98

• Frequent Contributor
Re: playstation eye
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 11:54:30 am »
It does work quite well in its specs. Used it once for a low-budget computer vision application, although the 3rd party driver, especially the SDK was a real PITA to get working, and did never really work reliably. Maybe they've fixed that since 2013. https://codelaboratories.com/products/

The following users thanked this post: sony mavica

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf