Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 349459 times)

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1100 on: January 16, 2022, 01:49:28 am »
Oh that ... more cat stuff.  :-DD
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Cubdriver

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1101 on: January 16, 2022, 01:59:45 am »
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a man in possession of a packet of googly eyes must be in want of many places to stick them."
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: Mr.B

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1102 on: January 16, 2022, 05:37:06 am »
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a man in possession of a packet of googly eyes must be in want of many places to stick them."

True.

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1103 on: January 16, 2022, 05:44:50 am »
Funny how they seem to follow you around the room.
iratus parum formica

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1104 on: January 19, 2022, 07:18:22 pm »
Why Pavlov's first attempt failed:

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, Cubdriver, capt bullshot, Neomys Sapiens, Neper

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1105 on: January 19, 2022, 10:19:45 pm »
iratus parum formica

The following users thanked this post: PlainName, Cubdriver, BU508A, not1xor1

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC
« Reply #1106 on: January 21, 2022, 03:31:41 pm »

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, Neomys Sapiens

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #1107 on: January 21, 2022, 11:13:48 pm »
I am yet to see dog owners post their own forum thread
it is to be expected as most electronics is an indoor activity conducive to cats seeking attention.
dogs love the outdoors IMO
just realized I an a Super Contributor  and most of my posts are trivial to electronics.  :palm:
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1108 on: January 21, 2022, 11:48:52 pm »

There is one somewhere, but they saw a squirrel, that used up their whole attention span, and the thread died.  :)

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1109 on: January 21, 2022, 11:51:12 pm »
There is a dog thread. Somewhere.

Dog owners are often much kinder than us evil cat strokers.

Snap, Cerebus
iratus parum formica

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1110 on: January 22, 2022, 12:21:14 am »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: jonovid

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1111 on: January 22, 2022, 09:48:07 am »

There is one somewhere, but they saw a squirrel, that used up their whole attention span, and the thread died.  :)

And/or they got distracted by the photographer:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dani+connor+wild+squirrel

;D

Offline nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1112 on: January 22, 2022, 01:59:47 pm »

Wait a minute! Only NiHaoMike is allowed to link to Youtube channels with pretty ladies! Now back to cat pictures...
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1113 on: January 22, 2022, 03:32:12 pm »

Wait a minute! Only NiHaoMike is allowed to link to Youtube channels with pretty ladies! Now back to cat pictures...

I apologise very much, I did not know about this rule until now.

^-^

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1114 on: January 25, 2022, 12:34:48 pm »
Not a picture of a cat.

Got a call earlier this morning that one of our 16 year old cats has died. My mum found him lieing at the bus stop in our street. He was quite old and sick, so I had made the decision to have him put down this week anyway. He was out tonight and didn't make it home. I'm sad now  :'(. He was a kind kitty, so he took that decision away from me.

Now I'm sitting at my desk trying to work but the eyes get watery again and again. Somehow the childish thought that he's in a better place now, an endless garden of eternal summer gives me solace. He loved the outdoors, was always running about or lieing in the sun.

R.I.P. Maxi.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, JohnnyMalaria, Nominal Animal, Neper, Carel

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1115 on: January 25, 2022, 12:38:48 pm »
Not a picture of a cat.

Got a call earlier this morning that one of our 16 year old cats has died. My mum found him lieing at the bus stop in our street. He was quite old and sick, so I had made the decision to have him put down this week anyway. He was out tonight and didn't make it home. I'm sad now  :'(. He was a kind kitty, so he took that decision away from me.

Now I'm sitting at my desk trying to work but the eyes get watery again and again. Somehow the childish thought that he's in a better place now, an endless garden of eternal summer gives me solace. He loved the outdoors, was always running about or lieing in the sun.

R.I.P. Maxi.

It is always too early. And it always hurts.

My condolences to your lost.  :(

Farewell Maxi.

The following users thanked this post: david77, Cubdriver

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1116 on: January 25, 2022, 03:06:34 pm »
Very sorry to hear.  Agree with BU508A - they alway leave us too soon.  My condolences - it hurts.  RIP Maxi.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: david77

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1117 on: January 26, 2022, 12:30:59 am »
Thanks guys. He's in the ground now, burried beneath the plum tree in my garden.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 12:44:18 am by david77 »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, JohnnyMalaria, Nominal Animal

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1118 on: January 27, 2022, 07:16:00 pm »
He was a very handsome fellow - I'm sure he was well loved.  Keep him close in your memories.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1119 on: January 27, 2022, 09:08:51 pm »
Hi,

Cubdriver told me to post pics of that errand cat I let enter my home this winter, out of pity. So here it is.

It's a she as far as I can tell. She does nothing but sleep all day long, with brief interrupts to go eat some treats in the kitchen. That's about how interesting her life goes.
Not very exciting, does nothing interesting like the cats on youtube videos do. No.  It just... sleeps all the time, no kidding. Just... sleeps !  :scared:
Very depressing indeed....  :-\

« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 09:35:41 pm by Vince »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1120 on: January 27, 2022, 10:54:06 pm »
Hi,

Cubdriver told me to post pics of that errand cat I let enter my home this winter, out of pity. So here it is.

It's a she as far as I can tell. She does nothing but sleep all day long, with brief interrupts to go eat some treats in the kitchen. That's about how interesting her life goes.
Not very exciting, does nothing interesting like the cats on youtube videos do. No.  It just... sleeps all the time, no kidding. Just... sleeps !  :scared:
Very depressing indeed....  :-\

She's a very handsome cat. And since the fur has three colours, it is very likely, that she is a female cat.
Regarding the sleeping: It is not unusual for cats to sleep up to 20 hours a day, especially in winter time.
It is a kind of energy saving mode.
Besides that, she has chosen you, so maybe she saw something in you which you aren't aware of.  :)
I thought all the time of my cat Max, that he is a kind of a lucky charm and a guard of my dreams when I'm asleep.  :D
Silly me.  ;)

If you can't do anything with it, then look at her this way:
Every good electronics lab needs a lab cat and here she is.  ;)

Btw, what's her name?

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1121 on: January 27, 2022, 11:24:04 pm »
Regarding the sleeping: It is not unusual for cats to sleep up to at least 20 hours a day, especially in winter time.

TFTFY

The following users thanked this post: Vince

Offline Vince

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1122 on: January 27, 2022, 11:51:11 pm »
Regarding the sleeping: It is not unusual for cats to sleep up to 20 hours a day, especially in winter time.

Ah OK.... makes sense then, I guess. At night before going to sleep I get her to leave outside for the night. I don' teven have to kick her out.. I just open the back door that gets to my back yard, and after a few seconds she gets out on her own. I guess after a full day sleeping, she needs some exercise and fresh air, just like a human being does.
It's not too cold here, between zero and 7 degrees at night. She has lots of fat and a thick layer of fur, so single digit figures is a mere chill at best for her...

Quote from: BU508A
Besides that, she has chosen you, so maybe she saw something in you which you aren't aware of.  :)

That's very romantic !  ;D  ... the truth is just she keeps coming back because I keep giving her A TON of treats, for free, every day....  >:D
The reason I started feeding her is because last summer, with my windows opened in the evening and night, she would constantly invite herself inside my house, always trying to see if she could steal some food from the kitchen counter, and would not stop licking the floor, every time she saw a fluff, hoping it would be comestible.... so I had an idea : put some treats OUTSIDE, on the window border, so that she would not come inside anymore ! It did work.... for a short while. But then she started to get used to it and come inside anyway, hoping for more, for dessert I guess !  :-//

If you can't do anything with it, then look at her this way: Every good electronics lab needs a lab cat and here she is.  ;)

If only she could AT LEAST be a cat lab, yeah why not !  But n,ot gonna happen ! Bench is 3 meters away from the bed... I will be dead before she finds the motivation to leave the bed and travel taht "far" to get to the lab bench !  :-DD    :palm:

Btw, what's her name?

I don't intend to "keep" her so no name... and it's been too recent an affair for me to looking that.... been only 3 months or so.

For now I just speak cat language with her, works OK. I just meow (she does not meow, or only a single meow once a week maybe...) like I were a cat. For some reason it works decently well. She doesn't look like she understands what I am saying, but it does look like it works well enough that she is at least paying attention and is trying to understand, albeit unsuccessfully.

I know how SHE calls me, though : "hey you, shut up, give me tons of treats quick, and get out of my way ! ".

Something like that...

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #1123 on: January 28, 2022, 12:05:04 am »
 my cat vibrates  ;D
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, BU508A

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado