Author Topic: Your pet peeve, technical or otherwise.  (Read 440705 times)

Offline Zeyneb

• Regular Contributor
Re: Your pet peeve, technical or otherwise.
« Reply #4000 on: March 23, 2024, 08:04:58 pm »
I'm pretty sure it is something like a 'Chat-Bot' that you are communicating with.

No, I had this person also on the phone. Also humans can behave like robots when they are too concerned they cannot share anything meaningful or else that would be a break from company policies.

Chat-bots are a whole other category of useless crap!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 08:07:46 pm by Zeyneb »
goto considered awesome!

Online paulca

• Super Contributor
Re: Your pet peeve, technical or otherwise.
« Reply #4001 on: Today at 01:48:21 pm »
Haven't we all experienced the following?

Ok, you want to purchase something and you're emailing with a customer service person of some company.

You have some questions. But no matter how you phrase the questions. They never answer it properly. You get some response on the topic that you introduce that nowhere addresses the real thing you're looking for and they add another irrelevant thing like that they have 100,000 parts in their warehouse. So frustrating!  >:(

I'm pretty sure it is something like a 'Chat-Bot' that you are communicating with.

I had this with Worchester Bosch.  My question was simple.

"What is an acceptable number of daily ON/OFF cycles for the boiler to survive it's warranty period?"

They just wouldn't answer the question.  They just tried to sell me their smart/spyware Wifi controllers.

I pushed that I wasn't interested and I just wanted to know if 10 cycles is too many or if 100 cycles is too many.

No response.

You absolutely know they have tested this and have data for this.  They just won't tell me what it is in case my boiler fails and they claim it's "over cycling causing over wear and tear", if they tell me a figure and I can prove it was under that, ... you know how they work.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf