Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 349201 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1475 on: August 05, 2022, 11:00:14 pm »
The Minx diaries:

I must be getting bigger now as me mumz dragged me off in a box that I wasn't too keen about to see something she called the Vet.  :-//
All they did was jab something in my neck and sent us on our way for another car ride....something I apparently need get used to. More  :-// But stuff that box thing however the harness and lead although I'm not keen on it is far more preferable than being locked up !

Anyways in the afternoon I was pretty knackered despite doing bugger all so a nap was needed and next I knew I was alone and after some pondering why I had been fed early and remembering some discussion about collecting feeder calves I hunkered down after noshing all my dinner and waited for their return.  :=\
Then I hearz someone at the door but dark it was so until the light went on I didn't know it was that grandad I see every few days that had come down to check on me in their absence.

Anyways I had a good snoozing spot directly under the heat pump vent and feeling a bit mouldy after that jab didn't really care when he insisted on giving me a pat.  ::)
Then he just thought the place was his and parked on the sofa to watch some TV occasionally getting up and coming over to give another pat and a welcomed scratch under the chin for which I rewarded him with a purr.

Then just before he left me in peace for the night and without even asking took this pic of me relaxing in my boudoir. Ya all like my matching blanket, right ?

Then whaddayaknow, he was back in the morning as mumz and dadz hadn't returned and graced me with their presence yet and he caught me napping in my other digs.

But after a proper rest without disturbances from mumz or dadz or that damn Fly dog I managed to evade pats from that old fella but let him get one in after he fished my breakfast from the fridge......not a fan of cold breakfast.  :--

Something was up....he went outside to get his boots ..... yeah they wear those things when it's wet outside but don't give me any .... and he was trying his darnest to get me to follow ....not bloody likely as it was warmer inside.
Then he used a little trick I didn't see coming with that thing on a string I like to chase which lured me into the porch and click went the door behind me !  :rant:
Then he jumps on this thing with wheels and no roof and zooms off and leaves me, home and alone !  :(
Mumz, dadz, when are you coming home with them feeder calves ?
Might I be allowed to lick the milk from their buckets ?

Bye for now, more about me finding my way about in rural NZ later.....got things to do
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, nctnico, xrunner, Mr.B, Cubdriver, pcprogrammer, Carel

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1476 on: August 06, 2022, 11:27:01 am »
Some DALL E v2  text to image AI output for the input string
"a cat using a soldering iron to repair an electronic device.  The cat is wearing a lab coat."

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 11:29:55 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, xrunner, TSCOLAN

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1477 on: August 06, 2022, 12:21:57 pm »
Just tested this in Craiyon and I can only suggest not to do that  :(
This is the least horrible result:

Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1478 on: August 07, 2022, 11:20:15 am »
Just tested this in Craiyon and I can only suggest not to do that  :(
This is the least horrible result:

yeah, Craiyon is Dall E V1.  You can sign up to Open AI and get Dall E V2 for free.
Limitation is 50 free images the first month and 15 per month after that.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1479 on: August 11, 2022, 03:48:27 am »
Washing up:

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, tom66, OZ1LQB, SeanB, xrunner, edavid, Mr.B, BU508A, Kibabalu, pcprogrammer, Neper

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1480 on: August 14, 2022, 03:46:49 am »
The Minx diaries.

A lot happens in the week since my last entry, mom showed me what feeder calves are and I hinder help her with their feeds night and morning except for the last few days as she went to some conference  :blah: and in a plane whatever that is and she hasn't come home yet and left me with that eye dog Fly that I really enjoy annoying until dad goes soft on her and gives me a growling.  ::)
Dad seems to have too much on to even wait for me to come help with the calves so there are times when I give him a nip on the leg too just to see if he's awake but I generally come off second best with flying lessons so I'm thinking I need be faster so to just nip and run.  >:D

That grandad visited today and I know his tricks with that thing on a string so not planning to get shut outside again the same way. The old fella always wants to pick me up but I'm not keen on cuddles as there is too much to do except when the weather is shite like yesterday when dad gave me a midday feed that was so good I crashed right out for the afternoon.  :=\
Dad was telling grandad lies about when I awoke I went mental and gave him and Fly a real hard time, who me, nah !  >:D

Grandad mentioned something about some best whishes from a Shrew called Neomys in Germany but I don't know what a Shrew is or anything about Germany.  :-// Hello the Shrew.
Anyways that grandad didn't stay long but took my plaything the Fly dog with him after dad said she needed a few hours rest from me, nah never, not me.

However I did pose for a quick portrait with that thing on a string before he and the Fly left....you can see I'm slowly getting bigger.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, Cubdriver, Neomys Sapiens, pcprogrammer

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1481 on: August 14, 2022, 07:31:06 am »
It took a while to find just the right boy after losing HunkyBill but he has now arrived. Exactly 3 months old and so full of life it blows my mind. I've never had a kitten that wants to play this much and does so with so much fire. We're in for quite the ride.

I've always named my cats after getting to know them, so far we're not sure what this boy will be called.

The last picture is him expressing his displeasure of the 5 hour car ride home.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 07:41:13 am by TheSteve »
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, david77, SeanB, edavid, PlainName, tautech, Mr.B, Cubdriver, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, pcprogrammer

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1482 on: August 14, 2022, 08:16:36 am »
Bengals are just gorgeous!   :-+ :-+ :-+

And he certainly looks like a little ball of fire!

-Pat

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1483 on: August 14, 2022, 11:02:58 am »
Security cam last night. The frog is clay the cat is biological. Looks like a good place to observe the hood.

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, Mr.B, Cubdriver, Zoli

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1484 on: August 15, 2022, 08:46:25 pm »
Testing out the name "Boomer", he has a marking on one side that looks rather like a Boomerang.

and he has found his favorite toy.

VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, xrunner, edavid, Mr.B, Cubdriver, pcprogrammer, Carel

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1485 on: August 15, 2022, 09:05:22 pm »
I have a couple of those cat trees and I don't understand why they use carpet on the legs.  The rope wound legs seem to be very robust to clawing, the carpet just shreds.  So why not cover all the legs with rope? 
Rick C.  --  Puerto Rico is not a country... It's part of the USA
  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1486 on: August 15, 2022, 09:42:33 pm »
I have a couple of those cat trees and I don't understand why they use carpet on the legs.  The rope wound legs seem to be very robust to clawing, the carpet just shreds.  So why not cover all the legs with rope?

Carpet is probably less expensive.  I need to re-rope my oldest tree as several of its legs are getting pretty shredded, though it's also seven years old at this point.  They certainly don't owe me anything.  Need to order replacement sisal rope one of these years...

-Pat

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1487 on: August 16, 2022, 07:37:11 pm »
Someone is adjusting nicely to the new place, this is day 3, and his first time on the OneFastCat wheel.
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, xrunner, Cubdriver, BU508A, Nominal Animal, pcprogrammer

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1488 on: August 16, 2022, 09:28:21 pm »
Mine is due for fresh padding:

And needed new bearings a year ago April - it sounded funny and when I looked, saw one of the rollers on the ground next to it.   :o

Wound up temporarily putting a pair of rollerblade wheels on it until I could get the replacement bearings

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, TheSteve, BU508A, Nominal Animal, pcprogrammer

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1489 on: August 16, 2022, 09:30:55 pm »
I should hook a generator to this thing!

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, PA0PBZ, Mr.B, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, pcprogrammer

Offline nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1490 on: August 17, 2022, 12:01:10 am »
People should attach generators to those wheels  >:D
Still, why isn't the cat outside doing a workout?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1491 on: August 17, 2022, 12:21:24 am »
People should attach generators to those wheels  >:D
Still, why isn't the cat outside doing a workout?

Outside meaning outdoors?  They’re not because they’re on the food chain here.  Mine are strictly indoor cats.

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1492 on: August 17, 2022, 01:08:22 am »
Mine will go outdoors but only with a harness. He will be going on walks, hikes, road trips etc.
VE7FM

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1493 on: August 17, 2022, 03:50:28 am »
Someone is adjusting nicely to the new place, this is day 3, and his first time on the OneFastCat wheel.

I gather that the boomerang mark you mentioned is the V with flattened wings on his left flank just behind his shoulder in the wheel picture?

-Pat

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1494 on: August 17, 2022, 06:55:25 am »

I gather that the boomerang mark you mentioned is the V with flattened wings on his left flank just behind his shoulder in the wheel picture?

-Pat

Yes, here is a picture showing it a little better.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:58:24 am by TheSteve »
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver, Nominal Animal, pcprogrammer

Offline srb1954

• Super Contributor
  • Retired Electronics Design Engineer
« Reply #1495 on: August 17, 2022, 07:52:04 am »
I should hook a generator to this thing!

-Pat
If that is a lot quieter than before it must have been horrendously noisy previously.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1496 on: August 17, 2022, 08:13:54 am »
If that is a lot quieter than before it must have been horrendously noisy previously.

The original bearings were worn nearly to the point of coming apart (and the first one had).  They were making pretty horrendous noise before replacement.  Might as well have been small rocks in the races.

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1497 on: August 17, 2022, 08:51:25 am »
Wound up temporarily putting a pair of rollerblade wheels on it until I could get the replacement bearings

Why not stick permanently to rollerblade wheels? I could imagine, they are very robust and not prone to cat hair etc.
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #1498 on: August 17, 2022, 08:58:31 am »

Why not stick permanently to rollerblade wheels? I could imagine, they are very robust and not prone to cat hair etc.

The wheels weren’t the issue, it was the crap bearings they used in them.  Fortunately they’re the same size as those commonly used in rollerblades, so I bought a package of 20 of them from either Amazon or eBuy, and pressed the new ones into the old wheels.  The new bearings seem to be more robust by a long shot, being sealed among other things.

-Pat

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #1499 on: August 17, 2022, 09:09:37 am »

The wheels weren’t the issue, it was the crap bearings they used in them.  Fortunately they’re the same size as those commonly used in rollerblades, so I bought a package of 20 of them from either Amazon or eBuy, and pressed the new ones into the old wheels.  The new bearings seem to be more robust by a long shot, being sealed among other things.

-Pat

Well, that's exactly my point. :)
Except for one thing: Either I'd have bought the rollerblades bearings only or I'd have used the rollerblade wheels as they are.
No fiddling around with getting bearings out and press them again into the other wheels. Just my thoughts.  :D
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf