Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 349221 times)

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #1725 on: January 30, 2023, 05:00:08 am »
... That is his paw, his eyes are a bit lower between the leaves....

Perhaps have a look again...  ;)

I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1726 on: January 30, 2023, 05:54:55 am »
Ah you cheated with zooming in  :-DD

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1727 on: January 30, 2023, 06:34:36 am »
Would have been even better had there not been a leash. But the little leopard can not be trusted to run free, at all, ever. The instinct in him from his asian leopard cat side is incredibly strong, he is so demanding and just wants to go, go, go for large parts of the day. We've pondered getting him a "friend" but I suspect it will be a tough match. I fear he could end up bullying another cat if it isn't strong enough to handle him.

We're also struggling with discipline - in the past I've had pretty good luck with a water bottle sprayer. I tried it the other day and Boomer thought it was the best game ever. He ran around the room hiding and popping his head up daring me to spray. He would be duck down, hide and repeat.
Not surprising I guess as he walks through puddles when we're leash walking and will go out in the pouring rain.

We've also tried a time out in a bathroom, but no matter what happens when you pick him up to take him to the bathroom for his time out he starts purring.

Ahh the joys of a little wild machine. We love him to death already but he is a challenge. My wife is getting me a t-shirt with his face on it that says "BOOM" for my birthday.
VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: tom66, SeanB, pcprogrammer

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1728 on: January 30, 2023, 07:05:45 am »
... he is so demanding and just wants to go, go, go for large parts of the day. ...

Just like a dog of a neighbor of ours. At times we see the dog rush by and then hear the owner shout "Japie viens ici" but the dog never does  :-DD

("Japie viens ici" = "Japie come here")

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1729 on: January 30, 2023, 12:09:36 pm »
Would have been even better had there not been a leash. But the little leopard can not be trusted to run free, at all, ever. The instinct in him from his asian leopard cat side is incredibly strong, he is so demanding and just wants to go, go, go for large parts of the day. We've pondered getting him a "friend" but I suspect it will be a tough match. I fear he could end up bullying another cat if it isn't strong enough to handle him.

Have you tried rechargeable toys that go by themselves? I have ones like the link below. It runs for quite a while and has an off-center weight that makes it go in unpredictable directions. Might be good to get different ones so he doesn't get bored.

https://www.amazon.com/YOFUN-Smart-Interactive-Cat-Build/dp/B07SYYRCYV/ref=sr_1_63?crid=3NG3HL1KH1CX&keywords=cat%2Btoys&qid=1675079912&sprefix=cat%2B%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-63&th=1
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Richard_Oh2

« Reply #1730 on: January 30, 2023, 02:55:28 pm »
I asked DALL-E (AI image generator) to produce a photo of a cat dressed as an electrician.
It made a few good ones, but this one caught my eye.

The following users thanked this post: tom66, Miyuki, pcprogrammer, bigfoot22

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1731 on: January 30, 2023, 03:57:57 pm »
Ach ja, wo ist das Schwarz dazu. Ich sehe Blau über dem Rot.

Maybe ChatGPT can translate it for you if the meaning is not clear  :-DD

Offline Zeyneb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1732 on: January 30, 2023, 06:04:17 pm »
Um eine nationale Identität zu schützen, ist es wichtig, die nationalen Symbole auf dem höchsten Stand zu halten. Schneiden Sie dort keine Ecken.
goto considered awesome!

Offline MarginallyStable

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1733 on: January 30, 2023, 08:32:06 pm »
Having a rough day

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, xrunner, Nominal Animal, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1734 on: January 31, 2023, 12:13:35 am »
We've all been there.
iratus parum formica

Offline alpher

• Frequent Contributor
Fonsis tired
« Reply #1735 on: February 01, 2023, 01:08:16 am »

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, edavid, Mr.B, TheSteve, BU508A, Miyuki, Nominal Animal, Zoli, pcprogrammer, bigfoot22

Offline LOTO instruments

• !
  • virtual Oscilloscope
    • virtual Oscilloscope
« Reply #1736 on: February 01, 2023, 01:35:38 am »
nice
LOTO focuses on virtual oscilloscopes, we strengthen software and streamline hardware to develop oscilloscope and peripheral modules. Powerful software and rich scalability of hardware are the customer values we continue to pursue.

The following users thanked this post: alpher

Offline Richard_Oh2

« Reply #1737 on: February 01, 2023, 11:30:04 am »
I am herez to fix de kitchen lampen and eat your tuna.

If anyone is wondering why I'm saying that in a german accent, notice the German flag  on the cats uniform below his left vice grip looking thingy.

Haha yes brilliant, I didn't even notice that!

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1738 on: February 01, 2023, 01:09:27 pm »
Watching TV - National Geographic "Life Below Zero".

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: Nominal Animal, RJSV, pcprogrammer

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1739 on: February 01, 2023, 01:18:06 pm »
And he thinks "Am I glad to sit i a cozy and warm house"  :)

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1740 on: February 01, 2023, 06:03:37 pm »
And he thinks "Am I glad to sit i a cozy and warm house"  :)

Could be he's daydreaming about his lineage.  :)

The Russian Blue is a naturally occurring breed that may have originated in the port of Arkhangelsk in Russia.[1] They are also sometimes called Archangel Blues.[2] It is believed that sailors took them from the Archangel Isles to Great Britain and Northern Europe in the 1860s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Blue

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1741 on: February 01, 2023, 09:04:18 pm »
Maybe you Instagram members can see Minx and Fly taking a stroll with their mom in the rain yesterday morning:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoGiqxzjb8EeJ5z9SJ6iJOua5DThVxhT3Hs0NQ0/?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

Someone clever might be able to grab some snaps or hack it for all to see.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1742 on: February 01, 2023, 09:19:37 pm »
Snowed again last night. Started a video and then someone ran onto a neighbors trailer.

VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: tom66, SeanB, Miyuki, Nominal Animal, RJSV, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #1743 on: February 06, 2023, 12:15:56 am »
Boomer got his first trip to a small local lake today. He did start walking out into the water but I was not able to get a picture as I was trying to not sink into the mud at the time. There were quite a few people with dogs around as well, most were very good but one had no concept of what a leash was so that was a bit of a problem.

VE7FM

The following users thanked this post: OZ1LQB, xrunner, edavid, Mr.B, BU508A, Nominal Animal, pqass, Zoli, pcprogrammer, bigfoot22

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1744 on: February 06, 2023, 01:09:54 am »
Minx has been doing morning farm walkies with her Mom and buddy Fly the heading dog and while on the property no need at all for a lead.
Yesterday coaxed by Mom, Pop (our son) and Fly they all walked the 200yds to our place with Minx for her first visit to the Grandies house. As our garden is well established Minx had a great time exploring and climbing trees however her descending skills are still in development as was evident when she gave herself a fright in a tree and launched herself from 8ft up covering ~12ft past my ear before landing perfectly on the lawn with a tail the size of Basil Brush scarpering off to safety from her own doings.  :-DD

25C yesterday so she panted like a dog and apparently needed a big nap after visiting us.

Pics below taken a few weeks back of her showing off to Grandpop while her servants were away for Xmas.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, edavid, Mr.B, TheSteve, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, pqass, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Online NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #1745 on: February 07, 2023, 12:59:03 am »
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #1746 on: February 07, 2023, 02:59:45 am »
Can confirm.
iratus parum formica

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1747 on: February 07, 2023, 12:36:51 pm »
When food is being prepared, it's important to get as close to the edge of the table as possible. It helps things move along.

:-DD

One of the activities on his bucket list was - to get in a bucket. Nice color match to his eyes.

Note: The DOG on the towel isn't a pet thing, it's a bar towel that says "Dog & Duck Ale".  :)

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, nctnico, Mr.B, TheSteve, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Offline Silicium81

• Regular Contributor
    • Technical forum
« Reply #1748 on: February 07, 2023, 08:41:09 pm »
My cat love mosfet's

But a little frustrated with the anti-static bag

« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 08:51:50 pm by Silicium81 »
Electronic engineer with a passion for mechanics
https://vae-tech.forumactif.org/

The following users thanked this post: TheSteve, BU508A, Neomys Sapiens, Nominal Animal, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1749 on: February 11, 2023, 01:38:40 am »
*** crashed ***

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk, SeanB, Mr.B, BU508A, Nominal Animal, Zoli, pcprogrammer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf