Author Topic: Problem when posting...message would be good.  (Read 1311 times)

Offline gotwoodTopic starter

• Contributor
Problem when posting...message would be good.
« on: November 28, 2016, 08:13:38 pm »
If you are posting(or even trying to preview) a thread with attachments that go over the data limit you get no message...the "working" bar on browser simply stalls out.

Not sure if its possible to have something give message stating that you are over the limit.

Offline Falcon69

• Super Contributor
Re: Problem when posting...message would be good.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:21:05 pm »
Don't go over the data limit then.

It's like when I was growing up...I'd tell my dad, "it hurts when I do this dad!'....

His reply was always... 'Then don't do that kid!'

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 08:24:12 pm »
I'm not quite sure what you mean? I've always got an error if I try to post something that exceeds the limit. Regardless of the browser, it never just sits there doing nothing.

Offline PointyOintment

• Frequent Contributor
  • ↑ I scanned my face
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:19:43 am »
I posted in the test equipment scores thread earlier and forgot to resize the images first. I didn't get any error; it just sent me back the topic listing like it usually does after I post, with no indication that it had failed other than that the topic I'd posted to wasn't at the top.
I refuse to use AD's LTspice or any other "free" software whose license agreement prohibits benchmarking it (which implies it's really bad) or publicly disclosing the existence of the agreement. Fortunately, I haven't agreed to that one, and those terms are public already.

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 01:17:25 pm »
It can be annoying when you lose your post. You may be able to get it back by pressing the back button. Failing that, before pressing reply, select the entire post (press ctrl+A), copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C), then if you lose it, you can paste it into a new post by pressing Ctrl+V or Shift+Insert).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf