Author Topic: Proof enough for me they landed on the moon  (Read 9738 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Proof enough for me they landed on the moon
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2019, 02:04:36 am »
One of the things that I find astonishing is the recent embrace the religious types in the USA have with knowingly lying to support a political cause or religious belief.  They are so open about there knowing dishonesty that you have to wonder how they process information to permit that level of duplicity.  This often takes the form of support for flat-earth and anti-evolution but it extends to broader areas of politics where they're views are in stark contrast to the very teachings they suggest to promote.  These are strange times for sure.  In the past election religious leaders supported a Republican running for office in Nevada that happened to also be the owner of several brothels.  They knew he was, essentially, a pimp, but supported him over any Democrat.  BTW, I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican.

Brian

The political parties are themselves effectively another form of religion. Large numbers of people absolutely believe that their party is the solution to everything and the other party is the cause of all the problems. There is no swaying them with rational thought or evidence, they will vote a straight party ticket regardless of who the candidate is so long as he/she talks the talk and pulls off presenting themselves as a devoted believer in the party ideals.

The only significant difference I see is that overall the republicans tend to be a lot more homogeneous while the democrats attract a lot of people who are more "not republican" than they are dyed in the wool democrats who subscribe to the party ideals. 

Offline GlennSprigg

• Super Contributor
  • Medically retired Tech. Old School / re-learning !
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2019, 11:45:28 am »
"Help my chances"... for what ?????
The beginning of my Statement says/explains it all. No further digression needed. Nite nite... xx
The chances of your posts being viewed as worthwhile discussion, rather than simply causing a ruckus. Having a monologue about how life's unfair and then saying Dave is wrong, but not how or why he's wrong you simply seem to be fishing for a moderator intervention which you could then claim proves your point. I don't see clearly explained what Dave was supposedly wrong about, so unfortunately digression does seem needed. Or maybe it's just the erratic writing style that obscures the point being made, that's possible too.

(Above BOLD was added by myself...).
Dear 'Mr. Scram'. My prior/original post was "Tongue In Cheek".  I firstly, didn't think that my original
statement NEEDED further explanation, as I assumed almost everyone would already know Dave's stance
on subjects of religion?? I was mucking around, as he was continuing such a diversion/debate !   ;D

Re: My mention of 'Philosophy', (which it really wasn't), Dave had the opinion that this encompasses 'religion'.
I beg to differ, and anyway there was no such intention in my mind.  Believe it or not!, I have a lot of respect
for Dave, his broad knowledge, his YouTube Posts and his help for those that need it.  That doesn't mean
that I, (as a human being) don't disagree at times, or dare to speak of it.

YOU however, have decided from some position of 'authority' to describe me in a paragraph, as...
 chances of your posts being viewed as worthwhile discussion....
 simply causing a ruckus...
 erratic writing style...

Obviously you do not like me... and that's OK mate...
I won't 'assume' anything about you though, as I don't know you from a bar of soap.
Except that maybe YOU need to climb down from your Ivory Tower, & judge less, lest you be judged.
As in my last reply to you....
   Have a nice day.
Diagonal of 1x1 square = Root-2. Ok.
Diagonal of 1x1x1 cube = Root-3 !!!  Beautiful !!

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2019, 02:47:56 pm »
(Above BOLD was added by myself...).
Dear 'Mr. Scram'. My prior/original post was "Tongue In Cheek".  I firstly, didn't think that my original
statement NEEDED further explanation, as I assumed almost everyone would already know Dave's stance
on subjects of religion?? I was mucking around, as he was continuing such a diversion/debate !   ;D

Re: My mention of 'Philosophy', (which it really wasn't), Dave had the opinion that this encompasses 'religion'.
I beg to differ, and anyway there was no such intention in my mind.  Believe it or not!, I have a lot of respect
for Dave, his broad knowledge, his YouTube Posts and his help for those that need it.  That doesn't mean
that I, (as a human being) don't disagree at times, or dare to speak of it.

YOU however, have decided from some position of 'authority' to describe me in a paragraph, as...
 chances of your posts being viewed as worthwhile discussion....
 simply causing a ruckus...
 erratic writing style...

Obviously you do not like me... and that's OK mate...
I won't 'assume' anything about you though, as I don't know you from a bar of soap.
Except that maybe YOU need to climb down from your Ivory Tower, & judge less, lest you be judged.
As in my last reply to you....
   Have a nice day.
You're correct in your assessment I don't know you. I can only respond to what I do see, which are your comments and writing style. Don't make too much of it, it's only random internet people. :)

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2019, 02:19:29 pm »
Agree, however,
I have a strong feeling that for modern technologies in respect of biological life, so-called deep space begins somewhere between outher border of earth atmosphere and inner border of so-called Van Allien belt.
Van Allen belt, I presume?

How about a Van Halen belt?
http://www.onestopbuckleshop.com/product/1537

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2019, 10:13:48 pm »
How about a Van Halen belt?

Stylish, but not fancy.

Offline CiscERsang

• Regular Contributor