Author Topic: Pull In Case Of Fire!  (Read 10376 times)

Offline calexanianTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
Re: Pull In Case Of Fire!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2015, 04:57:35 pm »
I still have some halon extinguishers in the lab, just in case and some modern CO2 extinguishers as well. Never had to use them in the last 20 years or so. My lab is completely tuned off during the night, to prevent (hopefully) anything unexpected.

This brings up another question. Who shuts down everything in their lab when they are not there? I really don't have anything that requires thermal stabilization times that are of any consequence to things I do so I do shut off my entire setup. At work as a matter of fact I have a master kill for the whole bench I hit as I walk out the door every day to go home. At home I don't have too much so I just unplug everything.
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Offline idpromnut

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2015, 05:27:50 pm »
I still have some halon extinguishers in the lab, just in case and some modern CO2 extinguishers as well. Never had to use them in the last 20 years or so. My lab is completely tuned off during the night, to prevent (hopefully) anything unexpected.

This brings up another question. Who shuts down everything in their lab when they are not there? I really don't have anything that requires thermal stabilization times that are of any consequence to things I do so I do shut off my entire setup. At work as a matter of fact I have a master kill for the whole bench I hit as I walk out the door every day to go home. At home I don't have too much so I just unplug everything.

My home lab has a master kill switch for the bench as well. I only have my freq-counter that is on direct mains for the OCXO, and I have a separate power bar that I can control independently from the bench (in the case that I specifically want to keep something on over night).  2 fire extinguishers, one on the bench and the other just outside the lab. The lab itself is on a single breaker so everything can be de-energized remotely.

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2015, 05:55:56 pm »
I don't have a master kill switch but I've considered it.

I have a metal bucket that I sometimes place uknown Lithium batteries in when charging.

Honestly, the only thing I worry about is that I may forget to turn off the soldering iron.  I've considered putting it on a timer circuit..

I do have a Halon fire extinguisher in the lab as well as a dry chemical one. Hopefully I'll reach for the right one first if needed...

Online John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2015, 05:57:42 pm »
I put my soldering/desoldering equipment, thermal stripper,  and hot glue gun on the same circuit as my light switch.  I'm especially bad about turning my hot glue gun off.  It's saved me many times.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2015, 05:57:50 pm »
In case of fire, run around in circles screaming: :scared:
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline MiataMuc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2015, 06:21:26 pm »
I'm more afraid of all the small psu which are never unplugged at home.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2015, 06:27:04 pm »
None. My mother said she will get a sand bucket ^-^

can i bring the bucket and spade ?.
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf