Author Topic: Put censor at this *#@*& .. "Sent from my <crap> using Tapatalk" please ...  (Read 7587 times)

Offline BravoVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
The thread title should be explanatory enough by it self.

Dave, is it possible to put these crap into the "auto-censor" mechanism easily at the SMF ? I pretty sure lots of fellow eevblogees will agree with me on this.  :P

Offline TriodeTiger

• Regular Contributor
I can imagine..

Hello..

My word! Watch your mouth! I'm leaving this place forever!

I don't mind it.

Sent from my >9000 using Tapatalk.
"Yes, I have deliberately traded off robustness for the sake of having knobs." - Dave Jones.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Annoying yes, but ignored like most advertisments - it just means you did not RTFM again.

Sent from my PC using the Fingers-Against_Keyboard_Input-Method.

Offline Chet T16

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
Seriously?

Deal with it!
Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
This is as funny as hell.

- Sent from my Samsung Galaxy IV -

iratus parum formica

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
As usual he's having a problem with everything

- Sent from my HTC One X II -

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Understood you nay sayers that this sounds trivial and prolly funny, just wait till your fav thread turned into heated discussion between several active posters that are using it.

Example thread, only single poster there and imagine 2 or more to come -> https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/cellphone-charger-what-makes-it-different-from-a-power-supply/

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
Well, if people are not even capable of configuring their software to make it behave they should maybe consider a career in arts, not electronics.

Sent from my behind using fart to binary conversion Fartatalk
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Well, if people are not even capable of configuring their software to make it behave they should maybe consider a career in arts, not electronics.

Hey BAW, I can see you're also "interested" like this thread here  ;D

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/power-adopter-from-china-under-rated!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:21:54 am by BravoV »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
give respect people! who knows he's sharing that with his wife or kids. those "words" will be "improper" and a "violation" right? err, bravo... do you have "censor picture" app? :P
-sent from WinXP Quad Core, Gigabyte Wireless Keyboard

ps:
i dont know why i have to both laugh and cry when reading this kind of post!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:34:32 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
I've had the Tap-a-talk module enabled for ages now, why the sudden complaints now?
I don't see it on my phone.

Dave.

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1

Offline Chet T16

• Frequent Contributor
    • Retro-Renault
The android app is on sale at the moment which may have lead to an increase in the number of posts from it
Chet
Paid Electron Wrestler

Offline hlavac

• Frequent Contributor
I've had the Tap-a-talk module enabled for ages now, why the sudden complaints now?

Dave, Tapatalk authors are getting very aggressive in turning your forum into advertising machine for their app.
If I go to the forums from an iPhone it keeps popping up a request that I buy tapatalk, even if I deny it every time.

And the "Sent from my $CRAP using Tapatalk" spam is extremely annoying because it is not delimited like a signature and in the case of oneliners this spam makes 50% of the message! Reading discussion thread where every other message ends with this spam crap is really ridiculous. Just look at the threads BravoV pointed out. Imagine everyone would be using Tapatalk.

Don't you find third party shoving up their paid app up your readers asses using your forum offensive? I do. It's not like anyone needs Tapatalk to read the forums, or you getting anything from this annoyance.

On forums I care for (forums.bistudio.com running vbulletin) I had rage disabled Tapatalk  because of this and occassional technical errors it was causing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:52:04 pm by hlavac »
Good enough is the enemy of the best.

Offline Jon Chandler

• Frequent Contributor
    • Throw Away PIC
Geez oh grief.

It's one line at the bottom of a post.  How difficult is it to ignore?  Or do you have to sound out each word before you know what it says?

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
Geez oh grief.

It's one line at the bottom of a post.  How difficult is it to ignore?  Or do you have to sound out each word before you know what it says?

Yeah, I mean really.

- This post was brought to you by Johnny Walker -
iratus parum formica

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
+1

Sent with Fartatalk hot burrito edition
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Online ejeffrey

• Super Contributor
Personally if it were my forum I would disable signatures in the forum software, ban all auto-generated signature and discourage people from even signing off with their name at the end of a message.  These mechanisms are not relevant to internet message boards where your identify, profile picture, and personal text are already available to the left of every post, and where the forum software clearly delineates message boundaries.

But it isn't my board.  Just my $.02

Offline Jon Chandler

• Frequent Contributor
    • Throw Away PIC
Personally if it were my forum I would disable signatures in the forum software, ban all auto-generated signature and discourage people from even signing off with their name at the end of a message.  These mechanisms are not relevant to internet message boards where your identify, profile picture, and personal text are already available to the left of every post, and where the forum software clearly delineates message boundaries.

But it isn't my board.  Just my $.02

Wow.  Hate to waste a few characters just to be friendly.  I supposed you're eliminate all salutations too....

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Personally I hate it when I pay for something and then am forced/expected/asked to advertise with the thing I paid money for.

An example: I purchased a car once and I had it put in my purchase contract that if the dealer put his sticker or any of his advertising on my car that I would refuse delivery. Well guess what? The day I went to pick up the car, there it was, the "obligatory" dealer sticker on my bumper. I told the salesman that I would not be taking the car and that he had to give my money back. He was quite visibly upset and ran away to get the service manager to remove it. I told him he had ten minutes or I would be leaving to go to another dealer. The sticker was removed in 5 minutes and I left with my new car.

I don't under stand the need for people to buy clothes advertising the designer or manufacturer of something. Pointless consumerism and sheeple behavior. I avoid it at all costs.

In the case of tapatalk, they can keep their app and I will keep my money. Their campaign has backfired with me and the more I see them on the forums the less I want to have anything to do with their company.

So in a nutshell, yes the tapatalk tagline annoy me but there isn't any fighting human nature to "just go with the flow" because it would seem unpopular or obsessive to do things the right way.

OK, grumpy mode off now.......

Offline typeglob

• Contributor
I use tapatalk to read this and other forums and I find it quite convenient. However, I agree with people complaining about tapatalk adding that tag line to people's posts. Ofcourse it can be turned off (go to Settings -> editor -> Signature and turn that off) but it seems lots of people can't be bothered to turn it off.

Its a bit like McAfee and other virus scanner manufacturers sending you emails because your email address was found in an email that contained a virus. 99.9% of the time you have nothing to do with that email or the person who received it and on some days I've received more of those messages than I did spam.

Companies like McAfee seem make less use of this cheap and annoying form of advertising (because that's what I think it is). It would be nice if the makers of tapatalk would do the same, but that's highly doubtful.

Offline 8086

• Super Contributor
    • Circuitology - Electronics Assembly

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor

damn, that's funny... Can I write that app? I'll split the proceeds :) lol

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P

Online vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
The thread title should be explanatory enough by it self.

Dave, is it possible to put these crap into the "auto-censor" mechanism easily at the SMF ? I pretty sure lots of fellow eevblogees will agree with me on this.  :P

Are you trying to "out-grump" Bored At Work,Uncle Vernon,& myself?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf