Author Topic: RAGE POST - Bottom View  (Read 3184 times)

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
Re: RAGE POST - Bottom View
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2019, 08:29:17 pm »
That power jack isn't too bad. Similar to this which is one I disliked but fewer unknowns/calculations to get it right. Every reference just seems random, luckily they had a lot of measurements.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:31:14 pm by maginnovision »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2019, 09:12:25 pm »
The problem for the mechanical people is that they can't join the final dot, so to speak, because of tolerances. So there will always be a gap, albeit with sufficient other dimensions to infer what it would be, and the issue is merely where that's going to be. Plus they have to reference everything to a datum so, as someone mentioned about, the dimensions may well be perfect for them but pretty obscure for us.

The SDCard thing is  tricky because the pins aren't symmetrical (dunno why - it wouldn't  hurt them, surely). That dimension between the centerline of the holder and pin 4 could easily be put in, but then they couldn't use pin 8 centerline as the datum for the rest of the pads.

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2019, 10:23:58 pm »
That power jack isn't too bad. Similar to this which is one I disliked but fewer unknowns/calculations to get it right. Every reference just seems random, luckily they had a lot of measurements.

Oddly enough, I don't find the SD card socket that bad, though offsetting the center pin from the centerline ever so slightly and calling out the datum for the latter is evil, I'll grant you that.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2019, 10:42:10 pm »

Oddly enough, I don't find the SD card socket that bad, though offsetting the center pin from the centerline ever so slightly and calling out the datum for the latter is evil, I'll grant you that.

No it wasn't too bad but it was annoying. I rechecked it and my numbers maybe 3-4 times before calling it good. We used the CD so those pads were needed beyond just holding it down. Just an example I still had datasheet for since we still use it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf