Author Topic: RBMK nuclear reactor simulator down load  (Read 14068 times)

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
Re: RBMK nuclear reactor simulator down load
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2020, 09:52:57 am »
Personally I suspect that both designs were really about Pu production, with the power as a nice biproduct.

This and powering Russian Woodpecker military radar conveniently located few dozen miles from Chernobyl power plant.

The radar is not Russian for a long time and has long been turned off and almost destroyed.

Yep, cause they now have much better ways of detecting missiles from the US.

The massive radar was still quite an engineering feat at the time and the powers it operated at was insane.

Yes, there are modern means. And that radar is now located on the territory of another country, whose government is extremely hostile to Russia.

I'm not a defense expert, but as far as I know (may be wrong), we now have a different defense strategy: we do not build an anti - missile defense system-it is not able to protect. But we have missiles that cannot be stopped, and we are announcing this so that no one doubts a retaliatory strike and has no idea of striking - there will be a devastating retaliatory strike for it.
And sorry for my English.

Offline vad

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2020, 10:27:35 am »
I'm not a defense expert, but as far as I know (may be wrong), we now have a different defense strategy: we do not build an anti - missile defense system-it is not able to protect.
You are wrong. Russia built and operates anti-ballistic missile defense system ABM-4 Gorgon.

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2020, 11:19:44 am »
I'm not a defense expert, but as far as I know (may be wrong), we now have a different defense strategy: we do not build an anti - missile defense system-it is not able to protect.
You are wrong. Russia built and operates anti-ballistic missile defense system ABM-4 Gorgon.

This system was built a long time ago. It protects only a small part of Russia - Moscow and from very old missiles. There is some new system, I don't know about it, but it won't save the country from an attack either. You probably know this better than I do.

Our defense is our missiles.

I'm sure there's not an idiot in the World who decides to start a nuclear war because any idiot knows the answer will be devastating.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2020, 11:24:41 am »

This system was built a long time ago. It protects only a small part of Russia - Moscow and from very old missiles. There is some new system, I don't know about it, but it won't save the country from an attack either. You probably know this better than I do.

I'm sure there's not an idiot in the World who decides to start a nuclear war because any idiot knows the answer will be devastating.

Grit your teeth and hope until January next year.

Offline Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2020, 11:32:52 am »

It almost happened on both the US and Russia side when the missile warning system made a false alarm.

One of the stories from the Russian side says that the last guy who was supposed to push the big red button changed his mind.

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2020, 11:43:05 am »

Grit your teeth and hope until January next year.

What will happen next january?

Are you referring to mr. Biden? I am sure that he is not a fool who will decide to fight with Russia. This is a smart and reasonable person, as well as the people who brought him to government.

Apparently, there will be some contradictions, and they will become more, but it will not come to war, there will be a struggle of interests for resources in the economy. It is possible that there will be some demonstration of forse.

In addition, as far as I know, the President of the United States can not personally press the button and launch missiles.

And, of course, it is profitable to frighten voters with a threat from Russia. This is a common tool that has been used for a long time.

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2020, 11:49:16 am »

It almost happened on both the US and Russia side when the missile warning system made a false alarm.

One of the stories from the Russian side says that the last guy who was supposed to push the big red button changed his mind.

Yes, there was such a story, but a long time ago. Since then, notification systems have become much more advanced.

There is a lot of mysticism around that story. I do not exclude that this is fiction. Or grossly exaggerated.

No one guy in our system can launch missiles or stop all missiles from launching.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2020, 12:13:29 pm »
In addition, as far as I know, the President of the United States can not personally press the button and launch missiles.

And, of course, it is profitable to frighten voters with a threat from Russia. This is a common tool that has been used for a long time.

He doesn't 'personally' press the button but he is the ultimate authority and can command the launch, if the command is obeyed or not is a different matter.

I'm sure that also applies in Russia and I'm sure America is also used as a threat to frighten Russian citizens.

You seem to be expressing an opinion that Russia is a purely altruistic and entirely peaceful nation state, I hope I'm wrong?

The following users thanked this post: george.b

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2020, 12:42:16 pm »

He doesn't 'personally' press the button but he is the ultimate authority and can command the launch, if the command is obeyed or not is a different matter.

I'm sure that also applies in Russia and I'm sure America is also used as a threat to frighten Russian citizens.

You seem to be expressing an opinion that Russia is a purely altruistic and entirely peaceful nation state, I hope I'm wrong?

In the USSR, we were strongly frightened by an attack from the United States. We prepared for nuclear war even in school. There is no such thing now. The population is more presented with information about the expansion of NATO military bases. And this is true - Russia is surrounded by these bases. At the same time, you will not find Russian bases near NATO countries. But people are now not as trusting as in the USSR, and few people are concerned about what is happening outside. The population does not perceive this as a real threat of attack, it is some pressure and some probable danger, from which we have protection and there is no particular concern about this.

It would be good for you to understand that Russia has a slightly different system. Our President has the maximum power, he is not part of the government, he is the leader. This does not mean that he is the sole manager of everything, but he has the authority to do so.

In Russia, the TV channel will not be able to interrupt the President's speech. More precisely, it can, but only once.  :)

Historically, Russia did not start wars, did not attack other countries, but ended wars with victories. All military campaigns of the USSR and Russia abroad were at least formally honest-in support of the current legitimate government.

We have no desire for war in our nation. We still have a generation that survived the war. We are brought up from childhood that war is the most terrible thing.

I understand how strongly you are being served the Russian threat. This is convenient for the government. But isn't the threat of global crooks, financial tycoons, and transnational monopolies stronger? Maybe they have a stronger impact on your personal life, and not me with a balalaika and a bottle of vodka in my hands? Think about stereotypes.  :)

Believe me: we don't have the rhetoric of war with anyone. Of course, our country has some interests abroad and there is a demonstration of force. Unfortunately, such is the world. When the Soviet Union collapsed, we became completely open and formed a great friendship in the United States, but at this time there was poverty and devastation inside the country. We didn't like it.  :)

Offline vad

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2020, 12:56:19 pm »
Historically, Russia did not start wars, did not attack other countries, but ended wars with victories. All military campaigns of the USSR and Russia abroad were at least formally honest-in support of the current legitimate government.

We have no desire for war in our nation.
Here is the link to the list of wars that Russia fought.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Russia

If I counted that right, Soviet Russia (1917-1991) fought 44 wars, modern (post Gorbachev‘a and Putin’s Russia) fought/is fighting 12 wars.

Lol, the most peaceful country in the world :)

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2020, 01:01:52 pm »
Believe me: we don't have the rhetoric of war with anyone. Of course, our country has some interests abroad and there is a demonstration of force. Unfortunately, such is the world. When the Soviet Union collapsed, we became completely open and formed a great friendship in the United States, but at this time there was poverty and devastation inside the country. We didn't like it.  :)

:-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2020, 02:46:28 pm »

Wow, you really need to read some history books that weren't written by Russian propagandists.

Alternatively, I can do you a really sweet deal and sell you some shares in London's Tower Bridge.  :)
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: CJay, george.b

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2020, 04:04:14 pm »

Wow, you really need to read some history books that weren't written by Russian propagandists.

Alternatively, I can do you a really sweet deal and sell you some shares in London's Tower Bridge.  :)

There is no evidence that Russians are interested in anything other than magnificent spires and have never manufactured anything in their chemical laboratories other than innovative flavourings for home market confectionery, Cozy Bears and the upmarket version Fancy Bears.

I hear the polonium and novichok flavours are only available for export.

Seems a shame the Russian window catch industry has so many quality control issues leading to 'unfortunate incidents'too.

The following users thanked this post: Beamin

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2020, 05:22:28 pm »
Frankly you're a gullible simpleton if you believe in Russians using polonium to kill somebody. It's literally a crappy poison, which is easy to discover, very hard to produce and is extremely expensive. As if they are so dumb to actually use it as poison.
novichok
Yeah, super poison which was not able to kill anyone  :palm:.

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2020, 05:37:49 pm »

We have no desire for war in our nation.
Here is the link to the list of wars that Russia fought.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Russia

If I counted that right, Soviet Russia (1917-1991) fought 44 wars, modern (post Gorbachev‘a and Putin’s Russia) fought/is fighting 12 wars.

Lol, the most peaceful country in the world :)

I hope you have read the essence of this list, and not just counted how many lines there are? :)

Do you think the USSR was responsible for the war in 1941-1945, for example? And what is most surprising is that you consider the source in which the Russian war indicated the terrorist act of 1999, when сhechen terrorists seized the hospital and maternity hospital, to be irrefutably correct.

I could discuss every point with you, but it is tedious and I have no desire to fight your fears. Besides, it's your right to think as you want. You have no doubts, apparently, you only think your point of view is correct. However, in the modern world there are very developed means of communication. You can easily find randomly selected people in social networks in the places of recent events: Crimea, Ossetia, Abkhazia, Donekts and Luhansk and ask them personally about their attitude to Russia and its actions. Don't believe me, see for yourself.

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2020, 05:50:13 pm »
Guys, you can be afraid and believe in the threat of Russia, but without fanaticism, do not be too nervous. Let this give you alertness and cheerfulness. A good threat that will never happen. In Russia, there is a proverb: that's what the pike is for, so that the carp does not sleep.

I have many friends and acquaintances all over the World. I have not seen such concern before. There are different opinions, but I have very, very rarely heard accusations. I'm certainly not going to fight anyone.

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2020, 05:59:27 pm »

There is no evidence that Russians are interested in anything other than magnificent spires and have never manufactured anything in their chemical laboratories other than innovative flavourings for home market confectionery, Cozy Bears and the upmarket version Fancy Bears.

Seems a shame the Russian window catch industry has so many quality control issues leading to 'unfortunate incidents'too.

You know, in Russia there is a new common expression: highly likely (pronounced in English). Previously, if a person does not have an answer, for question "why" was jokingly answered "because". Now they respond in english highly likely.

And as entertainment, I recommend that you look for the BBC series "Secret operations MI6". It aired on Discovery a couple of years ago. There, the British literally brag about how their secret service killed unwanted people in other countries. Just because the UK government didn't like them. By the decision of some people, not the court. And this is not Kremlin propaganda, but the state channel of Great Britain.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2020, 06:01:05 pm »
My dear friends from both side of Iron curtain which is no more...

Berlin wall fell many years ago.
EVERY government is is right and they lie most to their own people.
Professionals don't leave traces, they make it look like an accident.
If someone tries to provoke excuse for war, they dress up as foreign soldiers (Polish for instance), and attack their own border patrol (German for instance). Hence Hitler's occupation of Poland.
USSR never attacked UK. NATO was occupying force in West Germany.
There are many facts that are not so convenient to any side.

Please stop with the politics. It useless, this is not the place, and most of all, you will always be wrong because you will never know most important pieces of information, because it's classified... So your conclusions will be always based on wrong and/or incomplete data, and, mostly, somebody's propaganda. Hence wrong. It's waste of time.

All the best to all...

The following users thanked this post: elekorsi

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2020, 06:05:33 pm »
Frankly you're a gullible simpleton if you believe in Russians using polonium to kill somebody. It's literally a crappy poison, which is easy to discover, very hard to produce and is extremely expensive. As if they are so dumb to actually use it as poison.
novichok
Yeah, super poison which was not able to kill anyone  :palm:.

Frankly you're an idiot if you think polonium kills with toxicity and doubly so if you believe the hollywood version of nerve agents that kill instantly on contact.

BTW, you might want to google the name Dawn Sturgess.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2020, 06:06:14 pm »
And as entertainment, I recommend that you look for the BBC series "Secret operations MI6". It aired on Discovery a couple of years ago. There, the British literally brag about how their secret service killed unwanted people in other countries. Just because the UK government didn't like them. By the decision of some people, not the court. And this is not Kremlin propaganda, but the state channel of Great Britain.
Absolutely, what makes you think your government doesn't do exactly the same?

Because they told you so?

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2020, 06:29:51 pm »
Frankly you're an idiot if you think polonium kills with toxicity and doubly so if you believe the hollywood version of nerve agents that kill instantly on contact.
I know it's radioactive and leaves it's traces all around. That's why I said it's easy to discover. The worst thing to kill stealthily.
hollywood version of nerve agents that kill instantly on contact
There are thousands of times cheaper and more effective poisons, which leave way less traces. Say amanita phalloides (death cap) or it's relatives which are available to anyone for free. If you make an extract from it, you will need only a very tiny amount to kill with certainty. And as it has delayed symptoms, by the time you feel anything wrong, given enough dosage, you are already dead.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:38:03 pm by wraper »

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2020, 06:42:10 pm »
I know it's radioactive and leaves it's traces all around. That's why I said it's easy to discover. The worst thing to kill stealthily.
There are thousands of times cheaper and more effective poisons, which leave way less traces. Say amanita phalloides (death cap) or it's relatives which are available to anyone for free. If you make an extract from it, you will need only a very tiny amount to kill with certainty. And as it has delayed symptoms, by the time you fell something, given enough dosage, you are already dead.

You're making the fundamental mistake thinking that the intention was NOT to be discovered to have killed a dissident living overseas. If you want to kill someone unattributably and quietly they get stabbed in a "mugging gone wrong" something that unfortunately can happen to anyone in any major city in the world. Poisoning someone, with anything, is a sure way to be discovered. To do it with something only easily available to a nation state, a highly restricted radioisotope, was the whole point.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2020, 06:48:12 pm »
Absolutely, what makes you think your government doesn't do exactly the same?

Because they told you so?

It doesn't talk about the relationship between spies and agents - they have their own world.

Because I don't accept Russian propaganda. I often watch what they say to foreign media. I can see how blatantly they lie because I'm here and I can see it with my own eyes. Not you and not your media, but I was holding the hand of a child of a refugee from Luhansk, who shuddered and began to cry then fireworks in my town, that they think were being shelled. And you are told that the Russians attacked Ukraine. If you had less faith in the dishonest media, you could have made sure of everything yourself by asking people who are in it. There are a lot of videos taken by ordinary people on their phones. There is no propaganda in this, these are harsh facts.

The secret service can hide a lot from me, obviously. But sources accusing them from abroad have compromised themselves with lies more than once and are not trustworthy.

The same applies to Abkhazia and Ossetia. I was in Abkhazia - a wonderful little country with friendly people - you won't find any military there now, except for the border with Georgia. I was in Crimea, of course, just a year ago. There are Russian troops there, they have been there partially always. No one hides it. Our military went there and didn't let the war start. But for some reason they do not kill or shoot anyone.

In Crimea, there are people who have become more difficult now, no one hides it and it's realy bad: some families were torn apart, some business ties were unlinked. But no one there will tell you that they regret what happened - they have peace and do not kill anyone. I can invite you: come to Crimea and talk to the residents. Or, as I wrote earlier, find them in social networks and ask. There are many people in Russia who can speak English.

It may be funny to you, but war is not a joke, it is a great grief for people. Let there be crazy governments in their rhetoric, let there be any economic difficulties and so on, but there will be no war.

How old are you? Did your ancestors survive the bombing of England in 1941-1945? Can't you imagine how terrible war is?

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2020, 06:49:35 pm »
There are thousands of times cheaper and more effective poisons, which leave way less traces. Say amanita phalloides (death cap) or it's relatives which are available to anyone for free. If you make an extract from it, you will need only a very tiny amount to kill with certainty. And as it has delayed symptoms, by the time you fell something, given enough dosage, you are already dead.

Polonium kills with alpha emission, it's easily absorbed into the body and pretty much impossible to eradicate, it's a slow, painful, hideous death.

Nerve agents are similarly slow and horrendous ways to die, their lethality depends on many factors including dosage and how you were exposed and absorbed them.

If you just wanted someone dead then there are far simpler, more effective and less suspicious ways to kill, agreed.

If you wanted to send a message though...

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2020, 06:49:53 pm »
You're making the fundamental mistake thinking that the intention was NOT to be discovered to have killed a dissident living overseas. If you want to kill someone unattributably and quietly they get stabbed in a "mugging gone wrong" something that unfortunately can happen to anyone in any major city in the world. Poisoning someone, with anything, is a sure way to be discovered. To do it with something only easily available to a nation state, a highly restricted radioisotope, was the whole point.
You are making fundamental mistake by assuming intentions of Russians was to shoot their own foot. Otherwise the reasonable assumption is that it was a setup.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf