Author Topic: Remember a piece of music  (Read 2202 times)

Offline ataradovTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Remember a piece of music
« on: June 29, 2018, 11:59:08 pm »
So a long time ago I had this mp3 with some instrumental music, but I absolutely can't remember the name of it.

It is in the style of Jean Michel Jarre or similar electronic music. I don't remember the main musical part, but it had a very distinctive beginning and ending. It started with a voice reading some newspaper-style text about Titanic's maiden voyage. And ends with the same voice reading the article about Titanic sinking with words "NNN souls lost" and similar.

Googling it is pretty much impossible, since Titanic results just take over everything else.

I had it around 2000-2005 era, can't tell how old it was by then.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about?
Alex

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
Re: Remember a piece of music
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 01:44:46 am »

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 01:46:21 am »
The problem is that there are no lyrics, it is not a song, just an instrumental composition. The text is just a faint background thing.
Alex

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 01:57:10 am »
There were no Internet where I lived, so it must have been exchanging burned CDs with friends. It probably came from some instrumental music CD filled with MP3s. There was a lot of that stuff back then.
Alex

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 02:01:12 am »
It was definitely faster paced than this. And it was just a standard 3-5 minute track, and it did not feel like it is a part of a bigger album with related music.

And I don't think it had "Titanic" in the name.

It was similar to Equinoxe  by Jean Michel Jarre. So synthesizers and more "electronic" feel.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:05:40 am by ataradov »
Alex

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 02:33:03 am »
On a side note, I've only recently discovered bikini fashion shows on Youtube purely for their articles and in turn have become addicted to catwalk music otherwise known as progressive deep house beats. Anyway, earlier this month and for the first time ever my ISP throttled my connection back to 256kbps due to excessive usage which meant I couldn't watch Youtube bikini shows or listen to deep house mixes. Then a couple of days ago I discovered Soundcloud which has not only a vast collection of deep house beats but also some other stuff and it still works with a throttled connection so I'm back up and running again, I have a heart condition and find the beats therapeutic.

Soundcloud   :-+
Optus Cable   :--   

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 02:38:57 am »
On a side note, I've only recently discovered bikini fashion shows on Youtube purely for their articles and in turn have become addicted to catwalk music otherwise known as progressive deep house beats. Anyway, earlier this month and for the first time ever my ISP throttled my connection back to 256kbps due to excessive usage which meant I couldn't watch Youtube bikini shows or listen to deep house mixes. Then a couple of days ago I discovered Soundcloud which has not only a vast collection of deep house beats but also some other stuff and it still works with a throttled connection so I'm back up and running again, I have a heart condition and find the beats therapeutic.

Soundcloud   :-+
Optus Cable   :--   
Look up "youtube-dl" and it should be obvious what to run overnight. It will even run on a Raspberry Pi if low power is important.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

The following users thanked this post: Muttley Snickers

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 03:00:57 am »
I searched Google for "youtube-di" without the quotes and it returned a list of stuff in a foreign language, I can only assume that you are perhaps directing me to use a less bandwidth taxing means to access such content but am not sure, anyhow being the end of the month my currently slow connection will reset at midnight tonight so it should be back to normal tomorrow.   :)

Offline Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 03:46:51 am »
I don’t know the song but it sounds like something Orchestral Manouvers in the Dark (aka OMD) might have done. They have had that style on some of their stuff.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 07:21:46 am »
Thanks wilfred, I haven't been throttled since I was a kid so it came as a bit of a shock to the system.  :o ::) :P

I sincerely apologise for the topic digression, since being choked down to 256kbps a couple of weeks ago I have discovered that there are many websites which now won't load and display error messages, the same applies to Youtube videos and if they do load or start then they have a tendency to stop and start regardless of the playback quality or the device ie: TV, tablet or computer.

For example, the link you posted above throws up a "this webpage is not available" but this may be attributed to the shitty out dated browser on this particular device which cannot be updated, some stuff still opens and is accessible from my main computer but even sites such as Ebay take forever to load. I've learnt my lesson and will keep better tabs on internet usage most of which is carried out on this LG TV unfortunately.

Offline newbrain

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2018, 09:20:59 am »
It was similar to Equinoxe  by Jean Michel Jarre.
It's just your brain trying to protect your sanity, then.
Don't fight it.  ;)
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf