Author Topic: Replacement for vintage ALPS 535T 11 step sliding switch?  (Read 325 times)

Offline cincinTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Replacement for vintage ALPS 535T 11 step sliding switch?
« on: August 18, 2022, 04:59:25 pm »
Greetings

I'm working on an old Kawai PM100 electronic piano. This unit has a fader-style stepped switch for the transpose control, and it's loose and malfunctioning. Same form factor as a regular fader pot, but with steps, which allows you to select the transpose +1 -1 etc. The only markings on the part are "ALPS JAPAN 535T".

I can't find much at all about the ALPS 535T online, no datasheet to be found. I contacted ALPS but have yet to hear back. It has 11 steps and 5 pins.

Are these types of switches available at all today? I couldn't find much about 11 steps slide switches in general. Am I calling the part wrong? (searching the wrong keywords)

I could attempt a repair on the part itself, but I hear the crimping on these things makes them hard to open and close without messing it up.

Any tips greatly appreciated! Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:16:30 pm by cincin »

Offline cincinTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Replacement for vintage ALPS 535T 11 step sliding switch?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 03:19:16 pm »
Well, turns out the linear encoder switch has 12 positions, not 11... I still can't find anyone making linear encoder switches though...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf