Author Topic: Request of help from UK members with a microscope  (Read 496 times)

Offline matt09Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Request of help from UK members with a microscope
« on: February 12, 2024, 04:14:33 pm »
Hi All,

I've been trying to replace a small FPC connector inside my phone which became damaged. I've given it a few different attempts now with various methods and while I do have a microscope, it's not the correct type for electronics rework (I have a confocal sample scope for bio-materials). I can get perfect alignment with the scope but due to the type, I don't have room to get any kind of hot air instrument over it to do the rework.
Despite flux and good pre-worked pads the FPC seems to be too light in weight to flow down onto the pads and I can't apply any force without disturbing the alignment, which I then need the scope to realign without the hot air.. you see the issue.

At this point I don't want to risk any further reheating of the board on failed attempts. The pads are ready, the board is clean and masked off so it should be minute or two with the correct microscope.

I'd like to ask if anyone in the UK with the correct microscope would be kind enough to put the connector on the board if I post it out to them and supply a prepaid envelope for return?
I already asked at a few phone shops but didn't find any that were doing this kind of rework.

You will see I've been a forum member for 10 years now so I can assure you this isn't any kind of scam, I've attached an image (sorry the camera on the old phone I'm using is poor)

Thanks,

Matt
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 07:14:06 pm by matt09 »

Offline jc101

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Request of help from UK members with a microscope
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 06:18:03 pm »
Are you anywhere near Cambridge?

Offline matt09Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 06:53:06 pm »
No I'm afraid not but it's a tiny board and easy to post.

Offline slybunda

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 07:20:15 am »
where abouts are you?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf