General > General Technical Chat

Rigol 1052E noise at 100Mhz, 3Mhz, etc..

<< < (2/2)

DJPhil:

--- Quote from: abieneman on April 24, 2010, 04:10:05 pm ---I guess i would need to put a low-pass filter on my sensor - i am sampling at 40kSa/s, so no sense in passing anything over 4-10 Khz

--- End quote ---

It should have a bandwidth limiting option built in, handy for just these occasions. I'm not sure what it's cutoff would be, but 20MHz is common. I haven't used a Rigol yet (still saving up for one), so I'm not sure where in the menus it would be.

It might not be good enough to filter everything, but it's as cheap and easy as it gets. :)

Hope that helps.

wd5gnr:
The 20MHz bandwidth limiting is on the channel menu. Press CH1 or CH2 and there it is.

abieneman:
Bandwidth limiting indeed helps. If you look at my original post, the second photo is with limiting turned on which cuts the peak to peak from 28 to 6 mV. That built in is not enough to cut through the 3, 2, 1.5, 0.5, .. Mhz noise, so i had to use digital filtering as well.

DJPhil:

--- Quote from: abieneman on April 24, 2010, 11:00:04 pm ---Bandwidth limiting indeed helps. If you look at my original post, the second photo is with limiting turned on which cuts the peak to peak from 28 to 6 mV. That built in is not enough to cut through the 3, 2, 1.5, 0.5, .. Mhz noise, so i had to use digital filtering as well.

--- End quote ---

Ah, my apologies. Reading comprehension failure on my part.  :-[

clonecrp:
Great Scope Huh ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version