Author Topic: Ring files containing electronic components, where to get them?  (Read 2254 times)

Offline matrixofdynamismTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have seen ring files containing transparent plastic pages with small compartments in them. These spaces hold electronic components (Resistors, Ceramic Capacitors, Electrolytic Capacitors). Each page consists of a lot of components in these separate compartments on these pages. The compartments are closed with plastic lids.

It seems that this is the most compact and mobile way of storing all the resistors and capacitors instead of buying a storage cabinet with small drawers and the components separately. The only problem is that I can't find them on the internet. Does anybody know where I can find these component files? I am sure just 1 file will contain all values for a given series.

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
Re: Ring files containing electronic components, where to get them?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »
The only problem is that I can't find them on the internet. Does anybody know where I can find these component files?

eBay, alibaba, amazon etc. Search for "book kit", "smd book", "sample book", "assortment book", "component folder", "SMD parts organizer", etc.  1000s of offerings.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 10:05:04 pm »
I use these

They're not great for ESD protection though.

Offline DenzilPenberthy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 02:57:15 pm »
I'd been looking for these for ages as well. Being at work makes it impossible to order things through ebay etc but I finally found that Farnell have started stocking them. Part number 5412067. Don't know where you're based but that might at least give you somewhere to start looking.

http://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/mcinsert-chipkit/file-insert-component-storage-pk5/dp/5412067?Ntt=5412067

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf