Author Topic: Sardine Can Electronics  (Read 334 times)

Offline armandine2Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Sardine Can Electronics
« on: February 07, 2024, 06:34:16 pm »
Are you someone who is hesitant to discard their emptied and cleaned, ready to recycle, sardine cans ?

Is it "electronic" , this affinity ? .. but a search for project ideas is not overly forthcoming  :palm: with plans.

https://www.instructables.com/Soldering-Iron-Base-made-with-a-sardines-can/
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

Online soldar

• Super Contributor
Re: Sardine Can Electronics
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 07:31:23 pm »
I used that kind of can to store small parts because they are conveniently stackable and I still have a few piles of them but I have since switched to plastic tubs of spread cheese which are more convenient in several ways. I have many piles of these each one holding little components which i know I will never use but you never know...
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline retiredfeline

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 07:34:50 pm »
Haha, very enterprising of that hacker.

But I found that Altoid tins, or rather their generic workalikes, are a thing at the usual online markets, e.g. AliExpress. I must hang on to my Nivea tin when I've used up the contents.

Offline armandine2Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 09:18:54 pm »
For me abstractly, the can's size and material and structural properties are crying out to be taken technical advantage of - but for the want of a practical plan  :palm:.
Funny, the things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least - Bob Dylan

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf