General > General Technical Chat

Save cash on eletricity , by using the proper VGA card

(1/7) > >>

Kiriakos-GR:
One nice link about computer graphic cards  , and power consumption .  :)

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=el&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://ht4u.net/reviews/2009/asus_radeon_eah_5770/index11.php&rurl=translate.google.gr&usg=ALkJrhie8o9SlwJ572wNGJz7vC0BU9klAQ

DJPhil:
Neat stuff!
I like how you can mouse over any of the cards and the display changes to percent. I'll have to remember that trick.
I wonder if there's an easy way to test on board video too. I'd guess that onboard video would use less power just by the absence of the fan and extra circuitry, but I imagine it's hard to say.
Thanks for the link, I was just thinking about picking up a newer graphics card. :)

Mechatrommer:
my GPU is Radeon 4650, listed closest is only 4670? how do i know how much 4650 consumes?

DJPhil:

--- Quote from: shafri on October 24, 2010, 12:43:46 pm ---my GPU is Radeon 4650, listed closest is only 4670? how do i know how much 4650 consumes?

--- End quote ---
There's an article about these on tomshardware. It explains some of the basic differences, and near the end of the first page they have some power information that suggests that your 4650 uses less power overall in most of it's incarnations. It's probably not conclusive, but it might be a start. :)

Mechatrommer:

--- Quote from: DJPhil on October 24, 2010, 01:17:44 pm ---There's an article about these on tomshardware. It explains some of the basic differences, and near the end of the first page they have some power information that suggests that your 4650 uses less power overall in most of it's incarnations. It's probably not conclusive, but it might be a start. :)

--- End quote ---
thanx. just re-open my old box, it turned out mine is gigabyte version, in the link there is AMD, Sapphire, PowerColor, etc. hmm, makes me more spinning. should i care? i dont know, i just use it for some purpose to make me happy, thats all i care right now ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version