Author Topic: Sending Supercapacitors Through the mail for datalogging.  (Read 9743 times)

Offline pipe

• Contributor
Re: Sending Supercapacitors Through the mail for datalogging.
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2014, 11:41:47 pm »
It's hard enough to get a GPS signal in the passenger cabin of a plane let alone the cargo hold. But I suppose you might have some luck in-between flights. I'd probably include a barometer chip instead, not so much concern about power consumption. See if you can find a way of doing the full 6-axis accelerometer/gyroscope thing as well :-)

Shipping a powered-on barometer on a plane? If they catch you, you'll have a hard time explaining yourself to the CIA or a similar agency. :)

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 03:59:17 am »
I've always wanted to do this. I have thought just a lithium cell would work. It would be fun to use a 6 axis gyroscope+timer and try and create your own inertial navigation system.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline rs20

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 06:41:59 am »
It's hard enough to get a GPS signal in the passenger cabin of a plane let alone the cargo hold. But I suppose you might have some luck in-between flights. I'd probably include a barometer chip instead, not so much concern about power consumption. See if you can find a way of doing the full 6-axis accelerometer/gyroscope thing as well :-)

Shipping a powered-on barometer on a plane? If they catch you, you'll have a hard time explaining yourself to the CIA or a similar agency. :)

I see where you're coming from, although a) a barometer that's connected to nothing larger than an AA cell??, and b) is an accelerometer really any worse? I reckon I'd be able to detect when a plane is in flight using accelerometer alone very easily...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf