Author Topic: Shenzhen market, recommended buildings w/ prototyping or test equipment?  (Read 436 times)

Offline nezTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I'm visiting a friend in Shenzhen for a week, and I thought I'd browse around the electronics market area. I found countless shops and buildings with consumer electronics, ICs, phone/watch accesories and parts, security products, LEDs, and other things. The scale of the place is amazing!

However, so far I didn't encounter any area or store that had prototyping tools/supplies or test equipment (e.g. scopes, VNAs, etc.).

It's my first time to visit so I may have a lot of misconceptions.

The closest I found were shops that specialized in electronics repair tools (soldering/hot air stations, inspection scopes/cameras, and handheld DMMs). I also saw a few small sales counters with things relating to single board computer platforms.

Any suggestions for test equipment? There are too many buildings to explore casually in my available time. Maybe this kind of thing is generally online order only.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Don't know if this guide is available anywhere online: https://www.crowdsupply.com/machinery-enchantress/the-new-essential-guide-to-electronics-in-shenzhen
The older version is here: https://bunniefoo.com/bunnie/essential/essential-guide-shenzhen-web.pdf

Did you ask anyone at SEG Electronics Market if you went there?
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: nez

Offline Hedy

• Design, manufacture and distribution of electronic components in China
 I actually have a shop in Huaqiangbei where I sell chips and other electronic goodies. It’s pretty cool that you’re exploring the area! If you need some pointers or want to check out some gear, feel free to swing by my shop or hit me up. I’d love to help a fellow electronics enthusiast out!

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, nez

Offline nezTopic starter

• Regular Contributor

Did you ask anyone at SEG Electronics Market if you went there?

Thanks for the guide links, although it is beyond my personal scope it’s a good reference!

I asked around at a few places in the area but they weren’t sure (or the translation app results confused them :-X).  I don’t think I asked in SEG, if I remember right.

I actually have a shop in Huaqiangbei where I sell chips and other electronic goodies. It’s pretty cool that you’re exploring the area! If you need some pointers or want to check out some gear, feel free to swing by my shop or hit me up. I’d love to help a fellow electronics enthusiast out!

Thanks for the offer, I’ll send a direct message for the details and stop by when I have the chance!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf