Author Topic: Solar Freakin' Railways too it seems...  (Read 2593 times)

Offline .RC.

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Solar Freakin' Railways too it seems...
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2023, 08:05:00 am »
I am going to one up this mob.  I am going to tow the panels behind the train, and I am going to put wind turbines on top of the carriages. All of which will power the train.   Now governments, give me $100 million.

The following users thanked this post: RJSV

Offline AndyBeez

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2023, 01:19:39 pm »
I am going to one up this mob.  I am going to tow the panels behind the train, and I am going to put wind turbines on top of the carriages. All of which will power the train.   Now governments, give me $100 million.
@.RC Here is a concept model of a locomotive that will provide the wind to power for your coaches. More crowd funding please.

Okay, it's a toy from the 1960's - a Hornby/Triang Battle Space Car (R752) for you model train guys. Back in the 60s people looked to the future with optimism rather than with contemporary pessimism. And children's toys reflected this. The space age came... and went. The grandchildren want shares in a rainforest for Xmas. They'll be getting an Amazon voucher, like normal children.

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2023, 06:15:10 pm »
(Since environmental subject getting discussed);
   Glanced at TV pundit yesterday...saying that:

"The carbon footprint, of YOUR $5000 bank savings, is greater than carbon generated by a coast to US coast jet flight!"

Someone please inform John Kerry that his personal JET is no issue, anymore...Wow!
(Kerry is US environmental official).

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2023, 07:53:37 pm »
According to Al Gore, oceans are already boiling anyway. Yes, he did say that.

Oh, and bank savings destroying the planet? What a clever way of getting people used to the idea that their savings are gonna get seized at some point and they'll have to shut up because this is for the greater good.

The following users thanked this post: RJSV

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2023, 04:31:15 am »
   Yes, bank accounts are the new, UN-green.
But that's OK, as any wealth, above about $ 7.94 million
is now termed as 'MORBID'.

As in when radio guy (personal wealth $ 6.5 million) declares; "...that other businessman is morbidly wealthy!"

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2023, 04:47:46 am »
   Yes, bank accounts are the new, UN-green.
But that's OK, as any wealth, above about $ 7.94 million
is now termed as 'MORBID'.

As in when radio guy (personal wealth $ 6.5 million) declares; "...that other businessman is morbidly wealthy!"

Oh yes, except for those nice "philantropic" billionaires (which they will all become), which will get a free pass. :popcorn:

Money is morbid only in the hands of the poor millionaires (and eventually in the hands of the poor in general), who are loosers anyway.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf