Author Topic: Remember printers with countdowns? now washing machines?  (Read 7386 times)

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Remember printers with countdowns? now washing machines?
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2018, 08:35:23 pm »
Samsung
There's your problem. What did you expect? Quality?  :palm:
There is nothing wrong with Samsung more than with others.

Offline NivagSwerdna

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2018, 09:12:26 am »
We had a Samsung (unfortunately it wasn't compatible with our rather resonant flooring so had to swap it for a Bosch which had a bigger chunk of concrete) and I really liked the way it used to sing to us when finished.  Small things.   :)

Offline kaz911

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2018, 09:25:30 am »
Samsung

2nd failure - Electronics Board stopped working with WiFi  (I know - but it is nice to get alert that washing is finished)
You can get notifications without WiFi. My washer use a lower frequency band that can be received by the two receivers integrated into my head.

I'm old and washer is in another building so it is not so easy to pick up that frequency span long range. :)

Offline OE2WHP

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2018, 10:40:25 am »
When I was a small child, my parrents had a Miele. It was there before I was born and it still was there when I moved out. Within 20 years of service there was only one fault. The programm selector broke and my dad had to fix it. After that the machine worked another 15 years without any issue. So overall the machine worked for 37 years with only one repair and has been replaced, still in working condition, with a new Miele due to efficiency (water and power consumption) reasons.

I decided for a Bosch and after 15 years it failed the first time. The carbon brushes of the motor were worn. A €5,- repair. After another 5 years the brushes were worn again due to the commutator beeing a bit rough from wear. While thinking about disassembling the motor and smoothing the commutator on the lathe I found another issue. The heating element was corroded to a point where I overall decided it's no longer worth to repair the damn thing. Again we went for a Bosch. Let's see how long this one will run without repair.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:42:27 am by OE2WHP »

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2018, 10:46:27 am »
]
I'm old and washer is in another building so it is not so easy to pick up that frequency span long range. :)
That's a problem. Just replace the emitter with a Klaxon.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2018, 06:09:43 pm »
Samsung
I’m not sure about Samsung’s offerings in Europe, but their early North American models had huge reliability and design problems. (The models for the N.A. market are generally totally different from European and Asian ones. So Samsung entered a new market with styles of washers totally unlike what they’d made before. And it showed.)

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Bassman59

• Super Contributor
  • Yes, I do this for a living
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2018, 03:27:43 am »
Samsung
I’m not sure about Samsung’s offerings in Europe, but their early North American models had huge reliability and design problems. (The models for the N.A. market are generally totally different from European and Asian ones. So Samsung entered a new market with styles of washers totally unlike what they’d made before. And it showed.)
I needed a part for my previous fridge (standard Kenmore freezer-on-top model), so I went to the local Appliance Parts Depot to get it. This store is huge and stocks repair parts for most appliances, and the repair techs go there to get the parts to fix whatever they have to fix. I heard a couple of the repair guys talking with the store's guy and one repair guy said, "If it's a Samsung, I just tell the client to replace it with something else." After the repair guys left, I asked the store guy, "Are Samsungs really that bad?" and he said, "oh yeah, they're the worst, always breaking in some way or other. Get anything else."

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf