Author Topic: Spotted this and had to share.  (Read 23638 times)

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
Re: Spotted this and had to share.
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 08:19:48 pm »
For the REAL bullshit, look here:

http://www.lessloss.com/blackbody-p-200.html

This is up there with the bag of magic rocks that other scam artist is selling.

Good grief that's utter bullshit!

Check out their loudspeakers. If you have $56,000 laying around you can order a pair.  :palm:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline fluxcapacitor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 12:53:32 am »
photonic sponge "soaking up noise" ......z z z ZZZ   :=\

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 01:22:35 am »
Here is a tip for audophiles.

This modification eliminates ALL noise in a system.

Open your amplifier , locate the input transformer. Take a solid copper wire about 4 mm diameter.
Make one winding around the magnet core using that wire and solder both ends together.

Power up and you will be amazed about how quit your system now is. 

There may be an initial one-time 'popping' sound , that is your system adapting to the installed noise cancellation loop. All the accumulated noise producing energy discharges in this silencing loop
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 01:28:34 am »
Gawd there is so much B.S. on that site. They must have hired a pro to sit down and just write technical bullshit for each "product" until they figure the reader would be so baffled by it they would cough up the bucks for whatever they sell.

The best items are always the speaker cords. It's like they have to be so perfect wherever the human eye can see them, but once connected to the equipment, do you think the same type of wiring keeps going up to the speaker itself? Oh I don't think so. So I guess the sound is ruined at that point?

Idiots.
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 01:37:01 am »

oh god it hurts my head to read that bullshit, to think some people are this dense  :palm:

I wish I had some transparent cable laying around to cash in on these morons.

Offline calexanian

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 02:06:43 am »
Oooh. I want that job. Technical Bullshit Editor! Oh wait......
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 07:17:36 am »
Makes me want to do some arc welding while they're listening to music.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 07:29:51 am »

Presented in Monster-cable style technobabble...

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 10:41:08 am »
And you can check these out too:
 https://www.youtube.com/user/AVequipmentReviews/videos

and if you scroll down you'll find a review of LessLoss power cables:

I couldn't watch all 4 videos. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bunch of capacitors and op-amps that I need to break in before noon.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 12:00:06 pm »
And BTW, before anyone says that the reason I can't appreciate high end power cables and black bodies is because my listening chamber isn't setup properly, or that my ears aren't precise enough, let me explain my setup:

My ears are of the finest quality.  They have been tested in 3 different countries and my frequency response is flat to .1dB per hectare.  I come from a long line hyper-auds.  When they gave me my last hearing test, they didn't even bother asking me which ear I could hear the tone in.  In fact, they didn't even play a tone.  They just THOUGHT about playing a tone, and I would tell them which hand they were thinking of pushing the button with.  Yes, I'M THAT GOOD.

My house is built on 1000ft of solid rock.  I had it imported from Belgium....Antwerp, actually.  All of the diamonds in Antwerp imprint their photonic "hardness" on the rock.  Before pouring the foundation, the rock was fine tuned by carefully tapping with a hammer, and then listening to the sub-aural resonances.  Then the rock was painted with carbon black to absorb stray photons and provide shielding.

The house itself is built out of kevlar impregnated acoustic foam.  I don't mean just lined with foam.  It's actually built out of acoustic foam....the beams, the stairs, the toilet seats...even the septic tank...all foam.  The only compromise I had to make is the fireplace.  That, and the chimney, had to be made out of brick to pass code.  To minimize the impact on the rest of the house, I elected to build the fireplace off site.  It's 200ft away from the house built on a Newport optical bench.  It's further isolated by floating the bench on pneumatic isolation mounts sitting on a slab of rubber.  Sure, it's a little inconvenient to have a detached fireplace, but I feel it's worth it.

My amplifier is built from the finest components known to man.  The chassis is made out of honeycomb titanium.  It sits in a custom enclosure made out petrified walnut (this is the best...trust me, I know).  Even the resistors are made from gold.  I don't mean they have gold in them.  They're actual pieces of gold that have been tuned to get the perfect resistance.  The capacitors are hand made from the finest silk.  The entire design has been scaled so that every component value is a prime number.  This limits the cross talk between components.

My cables are hand made from individual strands of pure silver.  Each strand is individually polished to a high luster, and is then wrapped by hand to make the basic wire.  Every cable has 373 individual strands...again, a prime number of strands to prevent crosstalk.  The wire is then covered in carbon nanoparticles to remove any stray fields that were generated from the polishing process.  The wire is then put in a drying oven for 200 hours to bake out any remaining moisture.  The wire is then gold plated and insulated with 13mm of ceramic.  The cables are completely vibration isolated.  They sit on a block of platinum, which sits on a miniature air table, which sits on another block of platinum.

The listening chamber has been carefully tuned to capture all stray audio signal, while at the same time expanding the spatial imaging and textural undertones.  All of my CDs are stored offsite (near the fireplace, actually) to prevent any possible nano-signal cross contamination between tracks.  The CDs themselves are stored in custom cases made out of lead and coated with special blackbody shielding film.  I feel that storing them in plastic...or even gold....imparts a hardness to the recording that the artist didn't intend.  The entire CD vault is floating on a cushion of helium.

I hope that puts to rest any doubts you may have about my qualifications.

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 12:30:08 pm »
My amplifier is built from the finest components known to man.  The chassis is made out of honeycomb titanium.  It sits in a custom enclosure made out petrified walnut (this is the best...trust me, I know). 

Everyone knows that burlwood is much better. Ask my father if you don't believe me, he's a master carpenter.

:-DD

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 02:55:03 pm »
I couldn't watch all 4 videos. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bunch of capacitors and op-amps that I need to break in before noon.

Oh for crying out loud.

Dude in the video - you are hopelessly deluded. After all that trouble don't you realize the cat is fucking up the whole sound pattern in the room. You just wasted untold gazillions of bucks for nothing.  :palm:

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2013, 06:58:57 am »
Dude in the video - you are hopelessly deluded. After all that trouble don't you realize the cat is fucking up the whole sound pattern in the room. You just wasted untold gazillions of bucks for nothing.  :palm:
Yeah man, the cat is absorbing the high frequencies, and its hair distorts the bass far too much, you can tell because it sounds really had and closed.

Offline mamalala

• Supporter
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2013, 01:47:16 pm »
Yeah man, the cat is absorbing the high frequencies, and its hair distorts the bass far too much, you can tell because it sounds really had and closed.

Well, one only needs to set up the cat properly. Having some cats myself, i can tell you that they are well capable of doing low frequencies as well as really high frequencies. :D

Greetings,

Chris

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2013, 02:02:25 pm »

You can fix that by buying our new audiophoolery cat shampoo  :-DD

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »
This is the video where he actually talks about how they sound. It sounds like a broken recording of a list of buzzwords.

Hey, there's this technical word I heard once! Watch it fart out of my mouth! Hey, here's another! Noise floor! Nanoparticle! :blah:
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline Excavatoree

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 06:09:07 pm »
This is the video where he actually talks about how they sound. It sounds like a broken recording of a list of buzzwords.

Hey, there's this technical word I heard once! Watch it fart out of my mouth! Hey, here's another! Noise floor! Nanoparticle! :blah:

"Millimeter two?"  I'm guessing he means millimeter squared.  (mm2. usually called "square millimeters.")

I couldn't listen long after hearing that.

EDIT:  12 square millimeter cables for a 20A rated outlet?  (That's between 8 and 6 AWG)   My Dad's arc welder uses that size cable.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:52:05 pm by Excavatoree »

Offline N2IXK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:57 pm »
For true audiophool wankery, you need to repackage your filter capacitors in exotic hardwood cases, with pure beeswax potting, though...

http://www.dhtrob.com/projecten/elna1_en.php

My amplifier is built from the finest components known to man.  The chassis is made out of honeycomb titanium.  It sits in a custom enclosure made out petrified walnut (this is the best...trust me, I know). 

Everyone knows that burlwood is much better. Ask my father if you don't believe me, he's a master carpenter.

"My favorite programming language is...SOLDER!"--Robert A. Pease

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 08:27:49 pm »
What the hell is going on behind that speaker? It looks like a woodworkers clamp on some small piece of equipment?  :-DD

Dude get a life! You are making up bullshit to make yourself feel good about blowing untold amounts of money on quackery. Show me scientific measurements of the sound difference at the speaker input with and without expensive A/C power cables and I'll believe at least part of your B.S. Oh I know - you don't have any objective evidence. Stupid man.

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 08:33:16 pm »
What the hell is going on behind that speaker? It looks like a woodworkers clamp on some small piece of equipment?  :-DD

Dude get a life! You are making up bullshit to make yourself feel good about blowing untold amounts of money on quackery. Show me scientific measurements of the sound difference at the speaker input with and without expensive A/C power cables and I'll believe at least part of your B.S. Oh I know - you don't have any objective evidence. Stupid man.

Yeah I'd like to hook a scope up to these systems and see peoples faces when there is no difference between the signals. I'd also love to hear the BS they make up to try and justify it still afterwards.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

Yeah I'd like to hook a scope up to these systems and see peoples faces when there is no difference between the signals. I'd also love to hear the BS they make up to try and justify it still afterwards.

Like I'd let a scope anywhere near my setup.  Just the outgassing from the cheap insulation on the probes would coat the entire system, permanently unsettling my noise floor and again making the entire system sound closed....or open....or something.

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2013, 09:50:21 pm »

I imagine it'd sound rather like the video.
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline Zbig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2013, 09:52:01 pm »

You'd achieve nothing. You'd only hear something among the lines of "prove me I cannot hear something your oscilloscope doesn't show". They're too deluded, arrogant and ignorant for the simple scientific facts to get in the way of their beliefs. They think that if they ignore the laws of physics, they somehow no longer apply to them.

EDIT:
There are guys who work with complex computer systems for a living who think that as soon as you pass a digitized audio signal through a digital interconnect, it somehow becomes lossy. The same guys who shuffle gigabytes of data back and forth without a single bit flip.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:59:50 pm by Zbig »

Offline calexanian

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2013, 05:29:36 am »
Oh the audiophile. A unique breed... So much fun..... To make fun of.... It has a deadly side though. Look up a Mr. Charlie Kittleson. He was a genuine nut case. I say it in jest and in fact. He was a friend of mine and he ran Vacuum Tube Valley magazine and sold product to the craziest audiophiles cause he could talk their bullshit lingo. He would get calls 24/7/365 from just the craziest neurotic people and their insane requests. It was so bad that he actually developed a psychological condition and fell into a depression because he only really associated with other audiophiles. In the end his mental illness took over and our last few conversations revolved around the fact that he had to deal with those people to make a living and he just could not deal with them anymore. He shot himself over it. I appreciate good engineering in audio, but when it crosses over into subjective bullshit I just cant listen to it anymore.
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2013, 12:59:44 pm »
The thing is, what they want to reproduce in a listening room isn't even a "pure" signal, like some sort of original pure sine wave. For example it may be a band that was recorded that is playing old instruments slightly out of tune, in a noisy environment, even using amps that put out the sound from amp speakers which have no audiophile" quality cords or other bullshit. Heck the speakers outputting the sound may even be damaged and old. In other words the sound being recorded is a dirty conglomeration of signals to begin with.

If you don't exactly reproduce that, who the fuck is going to notice or care? If they want to spend money on a hobby like that, that wastes money on snake oil products, I guess they can knock themselves out, but I'd prefer to spend money on hobbies that produce tangible results.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf