Author Topic: Starting a new chapter  (Read 4148 times)

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Starting a new chapter
« on: September 16, 2017, 06:28:11 am »
Hello all,

I have a quick (bur rather major) announcement to make. In the coming weeks I will be using my sales thread (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/franky's-sales-thread) to sell off many of the items (both new and used) that I've accumulated over the years, some I bought for my personal curiosity, some I was looking to add to my eBay store but never got around actually doing it, etc. The reason I've now decided to sell them at clearance prices is that I will be leaving Hong Kong soon and I won't be taking these things with me.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported my eBay store and my sales thread on this forum in the last many years. Thank you very much for all the positive feedback and kind words you have passed along to allow me to meet more new customers. Special thanks also go to Dave for providing this wonderful platform for all of us electronics enthusiasts, as well as interviewing me on YouTube last year!

As for the future of my eBay store, I'm happy to say that it will stay open. My brother-in-law, who's also an experienced eBay seller, will be taking over the daily operations. However, the store will focus mainly on the test leads and accessories side of products, and the multimeters and other devices (such as the YZXstudio products) will most likely be dropped. This is mostly due to the fact that these devices usually require a lot more product support, both before and after sale. Without me being physically there to make sure everything works and handle potential returns etc, I don't want to put the burden on my brother-in-law so I think it's in everyone's best interest that we only focus on the more manageable product lines. Rest assured that I will still put my name behind the store and will continue to personally answer any questions new and past customers might have.

Lastly, in case anyone's wondering, my family and I will be moving to Australia :) Reason behind the move is largely political but that's not a topic to be discussed here.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and I look forward to start selling (more like almost giving away!) the stuff I've got here!

Cheers,
Franky
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

The following users thanked this post: kripton2035, SeanB, bitwelder, hammy, lem_ix, gnavigator1007

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Re: Starting a new chapter
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 06:53:43 am »
Franky:

You are a good person, and I consider you a friend, as much as anyone can consider a person a friend just over the internet.

I wish you and your family the best in your move.

The following users thanked this post: iloveelectronics

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 07:13:59 am »

Lastly, in case anyone's wondering, my family and I will be moving to Australia :)

A win for downunder!

You will be welcome.    :-+

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:27:41 am »
Hope the move goes well. 

I had fellow from Hong Kong in my class in collage.  This was just before the Chinese tookover.  His family qualified for British passports, I think is father was a police officer.  Weren't there lots of restrictions over who qualified?  They just picked a place at random where British passports would allow them to live.  Funny this was he was always humming God save the Queen.

Offline iloveelectronicsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 04:01:24 pm »
Franky:

You are a good person, and I consider you a friend, as much as anyone can consider a person a friend just over the internet.

I wish you and your family the best in your move.

Thanks Lightages! I definitely consider you a true friend as well!

A win for downunder!

You will be welcome.    :-+

Thanks Brumby! Australia is a beautiful country :)

Quote from: Towger
I had fellow from Hong Kong in my class in collage.  This was just before the Chinese tookover.  His family qualified for British passports, I think is father was a police officer.  Weren't there lots of restrictions over who qualified?  They just picked a place at random where British passports would allow them to live.  Funny this was he was always humming God save the Queen.

Yes, the bar was set very high for who could be qualified for a British passport before the handover in 1997. Only 50,000 people and their families (out of a population of about 7 million) received that privilege. They were all the elites in certain qualified professions such as doctors/lawyers/accountants/engineers/business owners/corporate executives/etc. Higher ranking police and fire department (and some other government departments) officers were also offered that opportunity I believe.
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 03:24:07 am »
Franky,

This sounds like a really good change.
I am very, very happy for you.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 03:51:52 pm »
Franky, you are a good person and a great professional judging by your dealings with this community. I wish you and your family all the best in this new venture.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline maukka

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 10:08:21 am »
Good luck on your future endeavors! I've always gotten the nicest customer service from you with various YZXStudio products and can totally understand why handing over the burden of supporting them would be too much for your BiL :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf