Author Topic: Suddenly no format for firefox on this site?  (Read 427 times)

Online PwrElectronicsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Suddenly no format for firefox on this site?
« on: March 13, 2024, 08:52:10 pm »
The other day, suddenly, when using firefox to look at this site, all formatting is now gone and I am left with what looks like a stripped down text only view.

Tried MS edge and it looks normal.  I don't see any scripts or ad blockers that could be the cause.  Seems like I am running into more sites where firefox does not work well and need to use edge instead.  Yes, FF is updated.

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: Suddenly no format for firefox on this site?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 08:57:21 pm »
Works on my end. Clear the cookies if the issue is persistent,

I do see a broken formatting (missing CSS, I presume) from time to time, but I think it is a server issue, and it is recovered on refresh.
Alex

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 09:05:21 pm »
Same here, just clicking the reload button gets everything back.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 09:10:45 pm »
The almost text only is probably the theme for mobile phones.  In very rare occasions, the forum suddenly switches to the mobile theme, though I never visit from mobile.  Don't know why it happens, but it is so rare I didn't reported it.  There is a button/link somewhere in the mobile theme, to switch back to the desktop view.

Online PwrElectronicsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 09:29:50 pm »

:-+
The almost text only is probably the theme for mobile phones.  In very rare occasions, the forum suddenly switches to the mobile theme, though I never visit from mobile.  Don't know why it happens, but it is so rare I didn't reported it.  There is a button/link somewhere in the mobile theme, to switch back to the desktop view.

This must have been it.  I poked around and found something for "full site" and all is well again.  Must have accidentally poked something  :-//

Thanks!

Online Ranayna

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 11:54:33 am »

:-+

This must have been it.  I poked around and found something for "full site" and all is well again.  Must have accidentally poked something  :-//

Thanks!
In the website footer, hidden among this dark dot pattern, are a couple of links, including one that redirects to the mobile view. The text is only really visible if you select it.

The following users thanked this post: 807

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 10:33:30 pm »
I do see a broken formatting (missing CSS, I presume) from time to time, but I think it is a server issue, and it is recovered on refresh.

Yes, happens to me to, very occasionally. Often comes with a very slow page display, so yes, probably a server issue.

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 02:26:40 am »
Happens to me too, occasionally.

It could be an occasional interaction with CSS and the various dynamic JavaScript snippets used, or just an occasional rendering glitch related to how these pages are XHTML and not HTML5, or with Firefox NoScript/uBlock Origin plugins.  A reload fixes it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf