Author Topic: Super caps formula needed.  (Read 14017 times)

Offline Dark PrognosisTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Super caps formula needed.
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 10:56:44 pm »
My rock doesn't produce those sorts of numbers but it is fun because at least with buying a bunch of these you not only get a solar cell you could make into a solar panel but you get all of the other things too.

How in the hell can all of these things be put together, then shipped to the USA, then sold for a dollar and still make a profit?  It does prove one thing that I have read over and over and that is the solar cell/PV panel market is being kept artificially high.  Basically we should be around 25-75 dollars per 240-300watt PV panel and they would still make a killing.

Offline Flávio V

• Regular Contributor
  • Capacitor lover
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 05:30:24 pm »
A normal price for a solar cell of a 1W(.5V 2A) is near 1$...than i saw some time ago in the internet...

For regular priced one for that one it would be near 3-5$....so well....they are near 1000% the production price...and power cells are made of sand(silicon)so it is very cheap to make..

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 07:13:20 pm »
They do that ... Solar Sells/Cells ... But Who's Buying ?
Nobody's buying so they jack up the price and in turn it gets doubly worse

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 12:06:48 am »
They do that ... Solar Sells/Cells ... But Who's Buying ?
Nobody's buying so they jack up the price and in turn it gets doubly worse
They are actually booming in sales here in the US overall.  Fact is they are selling so much that China was recently spanked by the USA for dumping (selling for less than companies paid to manufacture them) and China wouldn't do that unless there was a viable bustling market here.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 12:11:01 am »
A normal price for a solar cell of a 1W(.5V 2A) is near 1$...than i saw some time ago in the internet...

For regular priced one for that one it would be near 3-5$....so well....they are near 1000% the production price...and power cells are made of sand(silicon)so it is very cheap to make..
I read some where on the Internet that the price per 1w solar cell is about 5-10 cents and with production costs about 5-10 dollars for a completed 240 watt panel.  So your 1000% markup is close to what it should be at but in reality is far far far more than that. :(

edit: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/513220917/Solar_cell_4W_4_33_Watt.html   <-- PROOF!!!! 4W to 4.33W for 50 to 55 cents per watt (discount pricing applies for lesser costs).  So, 1W would be even less.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:21:47 am by Dark Prognosis »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf