Author Topic: TDA1517 vs CA810 RCA for Daughter  (Read 433 times)

Offline vidarrTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
TDA1517 vs CA810 RCA for Daughter
« on: December 03, 2022, 04:08:21 pm »
I am making a simple amplifier and speakers for my 1.5 year old daughter (for books on tape) and I have these two options for amp chips to use.

The TDA1517 I built the circuit for and know what it sounds like. It was OK. I never heard the CA810 RCA before.

The circuits I build will be from the datasheets.

All things being equal, anyone have an opinion about which will have a better sound? All opinions welcome.

Thanks.

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
Re: TDA1517 vs CA810 RCA for Daughter
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 05:16:49 pm »
tda1517 is stereo , ca810 is mono
tda1517 is easier to heatsink and power directly from 9v or 12v adapter and has better documentation (datasheet)

Would be easier to just get some cheap computer speakers from a store. by the time you get some power adapter / transformer, speakers, make boxes ... you'll spend more than what some cheap computer speakers cost in the store.

The following users thanked this post: vidarr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 07:34:47 pm »
I already have all the parts, like totally everything, just not the built amp (circuit).  I have two of the ca810 to make it stereo.

Agreed that the tda1517 is simpler, plus I already built that circuit before. I think you are right about this. Plus, the sound quality was pretty good/OK.

Thank you for your input!

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 09:00:42 pm »
Consider a cheap PAM8403 board if you want something that's battery and/or USB powered.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

The following users thanked this post: vidarr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 05:11:54 pm »
Wow! that is such a tiny and simple circuit. I could probably add bluetooth easily too. Thanks for that!

BTC is also not "cryptocurrency". So many people are confused and misled. It is foolish not to buy at least a few bucks of BTC, especially right now. It may go a bit lower, but half the world is switching to BTC as we speak/type. The "Global South" has billions of people and their countries are all (or, almost all) embracing BTC. This is huge.

HODL ON!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf