Author Topic: Teen dead after rolling on to iPhone cable in her sleep  (Read 28749 times)

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Re: Teen dead after rolling on to iPhone cable in her sleep
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2018, 08:32:07 am »
And this is a good thing. One forum usually auto-locks threads older than "X" - this can be good for sanity but sometimes detrimental.

For example, this thread I opened several years ago keeps being reopened but still with relevant information.
I never quite understood the problem with necroposting, as long as it's about the same subject. It's a lot better than to spawn the same thread endlessly, repeating things ad nauseum. It seems to be a lot better to have an older thread resurrected and extended than to have a plethora of partial threads.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2018, 09:57:01 am »
And this is a good thing. One forum usually auto-locks threads older than "X" - this can be good for sanity but sometimes detrimental.

For example, this thread I opened several years ago keeps being reopened but still with relevant information.
I never quite understood the problem with necroposting, as long as it's about the same subject. It's a lot better than to spawn the same thread endlessly, repeating things ad nauseum. It seems to be a lot better to have an older thread resurrected and extended than to have a plethora of partial threads.
One of the issues I see is to keep the "updated threads" queue free from discussions such as this one that have gone completely off-topic - the title becomes quite misleading for the passersby.

I don't see anything wrong is posts are still relevant.

On that note, I will go on radio silence on this thread.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Beamin

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2018, 11:48:00 am »

Some people forget that not everyone reads every single thread on a forum and they might find a subject interesting because it's the first time they have read it. I will often not post for a month then comeback and press "new posts to your replies". Whats good about forums is that it keeps all the old stuff. Or they call you a troll if you talk about a subject that someone already covered a week ago, but you have never seen it because you don't read the forum all day every day. Its also impossible to read all the posts in a 30 page thread in a reasonable amount of time.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2018, 05:33:30 pm »
yes but the thread we are in now serves no purpose anymore and has gone completely off topic.
Then lock it, you're the admin  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf