Author Topic: Tesla downgrading software to lock out features on its cars...  (Read 4405 times)

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
Re: Tesla downgrading software to lock out features on its cars...
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2019, 01:47:26 am »
A free market is a well regulated market.
Exactly, a free market is not a market without regulations, it's a carefully regulated market. Today, we have a problem with many markets not being well regulated, and as a consequence they are not free markets. Having no rules is just as detrimental as having bad rules.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2019, 12:59:17 am »
a  tailpipe sniffer rather pointless, there's got to be something massively wrong for a moern car to fail and a random check of the tail pipe
says little about the real world emissions. They already of the possible emissions issues like misfires and bad cat via OBD

That's largely why it is starting to be phased out, but it was only fairly recently that there are cars with OBDII which are old enough to be exempt and the wheels of government turn slowly. I've never had anything new enough to have OBDII, though my current daily driver is a 1990 which feels so modern and fancy to me has OBD1. My former car was a 1987 and back before it was exempt it failed the sniffer test once due to a defective catalyst. At this point there are so few cars that old on the road that the emissions inspections are not really delivering returns.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2019, 02:04:47 am »
I still wonder why Tesla some Service not with a Limited Service offer.
Like the Auto Pilot (or how does it call) Service free for 5Y after buy.
So the could extend it for free if the want or even sell some Upgrade feature like full Autonomous Mod.
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf