Author Topic: The Art of Electronics (3rd) Chapter 9  (Read 4831 times)

Offline BlofeldTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Diamonds Are Forever
The Art of Electronics (3rd) Chapter 9
« on: March 29, 2015, 11:32:37 am »
I have done a short review of Chapter 9 (Voltage Regulation and Power Conversion) of the 3rd edition. Rest assured that this is perfectly legal, I have linked to the post by Winfield Hill where he says that "You can share the link, and the file as well".

http://www.wisewarthog.com/electronics/horowitz-hill-the-art-of-electronics-3rd-edition-chapter9.html

Of course, this is meant to wet your appetite (the Table of Content of the whole book is included). But even if no book existed, this would still be a very nice stand-alone freebie, especially if you are interested in switching regulators.
My site www.wisewarthog.com and my Youtube channel (in progress). Links and reviews of books and free stuff.

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
Re: The Art of Electronics (3rd) Chapter 9
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:07:54 pm »
Impressive! The quality of material is very good and I like the friendly writing style,
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 09:07:52 pm »
Really intense marketing.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

• Regular Contributor
  • Diamonds Are Forever
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 09:35:04 pm »
Impressive! The quality of material is very good and I like the friendly writing style,

I was very positively impressed too. The only thing I really didn't like is that they seem to have dropped the "Bad Circuits" from the book.
My site www.wisewarthog.com and my Youtube channel (in progress). Links and reviews of books and free stuff.

Online Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 02:34:51 am »
I have done a short review of Chapter 9 (Voltage Regulation and Power Conversion) of the 3rd edition. Rest assured that this is perfectly legal, I have linked to the post by Winfield Hill where he says that "You can share the link, and the file as well".

http://www.wisewarthog.com/electronics/horowitz-hill-the-art-of-electronics-3rd-edition-chapter9.html

Of course, this is meant to wet your appetite (the Table of Content of the whole book is included). But even if no book existed, this would still be a very nice stand-alone freebie, especially if you are interested in switching regulators.

OCD alert: the expression is "whet" your appetite.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

• Regular Contributor
  • Diamonds Are Forever
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:43:20 am »

OCD alert: the expression is "whet" your appetite.

Thanks a lot for this correction. Getting to a level in English where people more or less understand what you are saying is easy. Getting it really correct is very hard.

On the negative side, I now have this association of my tongue being mistreated with a whetstone, don't know when I will get this out of my brain again.  :'(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf