Author Topic: The ashes 2015  (Read 4894 times)

Offline abaxasTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
The ashes 2015
« on: August 08, 2015, 02:49:55 pm »
For all of you who don't know.... England regained the ashes.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
Re: The ashes 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 02:55:27 pm »
who died then, lala , po, tinkywinky or the other one.
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 05:58:54 pm »
For those of you not familiar with cricket it's a game with its origins in an obscure sexual ceremony, the object being to 'bowl a maiden over'.
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 06:03:38 pm »
For those of you not familiar with cricket it's a game with its origins in an obscure sexual ceremony, the object being to 'bowl a maiden over'.

I thought it was an old English rain ceremony. You get all these men out on a specially prepared field in white, one stands in the middle and throws a red ball, and one hits it and others catch it. Then it starts to rain......

Offline KJDS

• Super Contributor
    • my website holding page
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 06:06:53 pm »
For the benefit of the Americans, and other uncivilized places, here's and explanation of the game.

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 06:13:58 pm »
For the benefit of the Americans, and other uncivilized places, here's and explanation of the game.

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

And, if that is not enough to decide, they call in Duckworth Lewis, who will decide the outcome for them.

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 06:22:16 pm »

I thought it was an old English rain ceremony. You get all these men out on a specially prepared field in white, one stands in the middle and throws a red ball, and one hits it and others catch it. Then it starts to rain......

snip...

I think foreigners should explain it to us. I don't even know why wer have a team when nobody outside of Australia, Pakistan, and India even care about it or know it's going on.
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 06:28:35 pm »
You forgot South Africa, I work near the stadium.

Offline Bob F.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 06:50:16 pm »
and the West Indies...

Wish I DID live near a stadium there   8)

Offline Mechanical Menace

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 07:03:42 pm »
and the West Indies...

Wish I DID live near a stadium there   8)

I pass by Headingly stadium almost daily, only recently found out they don't just play Rugby there...
Second sexiest ugly bloke on the forum.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the internet, because I totally didn't say that."
~Albert Einstein

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 07:04:37 pm »
The only time a group of men dressed in near virginal white can stand in a public area, rub their big red balls on the outside of their groin area as half a world sits in awe and they dont get arrested  :-DD
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 07:12:07 pm »
It is a 10 minute walk, and I used to live where I could see what was going on in half the field, provided I went up to the roof with binoculars.

BTW, there are 3 stadia right next to each other, one for Cricket, one for Rugby and one for Soccer. Now the city management ( true oxymoron there) wants to build another soccer stadium, even though the new one they built for 2010 is sitting empty for the most part, and want to displace the century old Stables to get it's land. 100 years of horse poop, and they want to do contact sport on it, hope all the players get free Tetanus shots, because that is not a nice thing. My only well ingrained childhood memory........

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 08:50:13 pm »

You have made it perfectly understandable.  I should have no problem with string theory now. :-DD
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline abaxasTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 07:58:29 pm »
Test cricket is easy to explain.

It's up to 5x  7-8 hour heavy drinking sessions.

Offline KJDS

• Super Contributor
    • my website holding page
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 08:00:46 pm »
Test cricket is easy to explain.

It's up to 5x  7-8 hour heavy drinking sessions.

I've stood up at the end of a days play to applaud before, as has everyone round me, and at least a third of them have collapsed.

Offline Dave Turner

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »
Yawn!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf