Author Topic: Is this Amtech flux I bought genuine?  (Read 14559 times)

Offline sstepane

• Regular Contributor
Re: Is this Amtech flux I bought genuine?
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 07:23:58 pm »
Hi,

What would you say about this AMTECH flux? - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=558656912479
Somehow it has particular S/N and a dedicated site for checking S/N. Might that be some kind of China only Amtech flux? I mean - patented or allowed to be produced and sold in China only, but an original flux?
Why so many hassle with S/N and stuff if not?
Package looks similar to original but sticker certainly not. If you think that you can buy genuine Amtech from China for less than in US or EU, you delude yourself. And AFAIK Amtech do not make anything in China as sticker says. Also why would amtech put jiyangsolder website on the sticker  :palm:
That's why I'm asking if that is possible. I'm not so sure that it is something out of the line, since there are many products you can buy in China for half the price and not only because it is produced there, but also because it's a different market, for some products it is huge and very competitive and as such might be managed differently for pricing and distribution. No other Amtech counterfeit producer is getting into hassle with serial-numbering their low-cost product and managing its genuity by web-site and that's why I wonder, if it something of reasonable quality compared to the original.

Offline Porama6400Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 07:27:59 pm »
probably just another chinese ripoff

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 07:58:02 pm »
Hi,

What would you say about this AMTECH flux? - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=558656912479
Somehow it has particular S/N and a dedicated site for checking S/N. Might that be some kind of China only Amtech flux? I mean - patented or allowed to be produced and sold in China only, but an original flux?
Why so many hassle with S/N and stuff if not?

They're not even pretending to be the same Amtech. As for how good they are, who knows?

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 09:57:54 pm »
No other Amtech counterfeit producer is getting into hassle with serial-numbering their low-cost product and managing its genuity by web-site and that's why I wonder, if it something of reasonable quality compared to the original.
Serial number may be the same on multiple items as it often happens with counterfeits. Also serializing may make some clueless idiots to think it's genuine stuff and costs virtually nothing. The only stuff you can buy in china for less is something with no brand or Chinese brand. You won't get 1st world stuff for less. Some components may be an exception but market is so ridden with counterfeits that it's better to stay away as well.

Offline jmelson

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 10:19:38 pm »
Just out of curiosity

Where do most folk here source their legitimate AMTECH Solder Flux NC-559-V2-TF from?  So much fake crap out there for this stuff
Can't say for that specific item, but I buy my soldering products from well-known distributors.  So, Manncorp, Techni-Tool, and the usual distributors like Mouser, Newark, etc.

Jon

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube

Offline Porama6400Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 02:37:46 am »
Just out of curiosity

Where do most folk here source their legitimate AMTECH Solder Flux NC-559-V2-TF from?  So much fake crap out there for this stuff
Can't say for that specific item, but I buy my soldering products from well-known distributors.  So, Manncorp, Techni-Tool, and the usual distributors like Mouser, Newark, etc.

Jon

Mouser and Digikey both don't have Amtech Flux

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 02:55:57 am »

The following users thanked this post: kripton2035

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf