Author Topic: The Science Asylum -- How Special Relativity Fixed Electromagnetism.  (Read 2813 times)

Offline aetheristTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • The aether will return. It never left.
I am changing my mind re compression of charge field of moving point charge (electron).
I suspect that compression duznt exist.
I suspect that compression has never been proven/tested.
Duzz anyone know of a convincing experiment?

Okay, then you've just thrown Maxwell's equations over board as well.  :-//

The formula for the electric field of a moving charge was first published by Heaviside in 1888 (https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Page%3AElectromagnetic_effects_of_a_moving_charge.djvu/6). It is stated there without proof but you can plug it into Maxwell's equations to see that it is correct. Or you can derive it directly by calculating the retarded potentials and then differentiating them, without ever using a Lorentz transform. It is not particularly difficult but very tedious, so you rarely find it in textbooks. If you want to see all the gory details, you can try to do it yourself (enjoy!) or borrow the old Mason/Weaver book (§57-59) from archive.org (https://archive.org/details/electromagneticf0035maso/mode/2up).

Here is a link to Mason/Weaver that doesn't require a login:
https://archive.org/details/electromagneticf030976mbp/page/n301/mode/2up

Thanks for the reference. Love textbooks like these.
Thanx for the link. I love old books. I will have a good look for buzzwords (i love buzzwords)(but i hate math).
I notice that in the (1929 i think) introduction the authors anticipate my elekton elekticity (discovered 2021-2023), but my elekton elekticity has been discussed elsewhere on this forum.

INTRODUCTION
………………The great scientific task of the next fifty years is the development of a new "electromagnetic" theory. It is impossible to forecast the form such a theory will take, so greatly are we prejudiced by our present views. It will, however, doubtless be based on a quantitative description of the individual behavior of charges, and will yield as statistical concepts such ideas as inertia, force, and even length and time. Thus it will explain the mechanical behavior of ponderable matter, rather than be itself "explained" by mechanics. That this new theory should yield ideas such as those just mentioned, rather than depend upon them, is but consistent with the basic role this theory must play.

Pending the advent of this new theory, it is essential to have a knowledge of that system of equations which constitutes the present electromagnetic theory. Remembering that the future of the theory lies in the hands of the present students, it seems of the greatest importance to arrive at these equations in a way which will excite, rather than dull, curiosity, and which tends to produce that attitude toward fundamentals which must prevail before a real electron theory of electricity replaces the present electrical theory of electrons.

The present volume is an introduction to the mathematical field theory of electrodynamics, written in an attempt to keep clear the relation between the mathematical mechanism and the physical reality. It is hoped that a student who gains his familiarity with the Maxwell field equations from this book will have an open mind, ready to evaluate without prejudice those fundamental new developments in electrical theory which are bound to come. The authors realize that this volume closes just at that interesting point where many valuable developments begin. However, just as, according to the behaviorists, one's psychology is largely "set" before he reaches the age of three, so one's viewpoint toward electrodynamics is a fixed and settled matter by the time one has acquired the field equations and has discussed certain of their most fundamental applications. It is with this viewpoint that the authors are primarily concerned.

So, a fundamental new development in electrical theory did eventually come (my elekton elekticity, in 2021-23).
But i dont think that my elektons were "bound to come" -- me myself (a genius), i might not have been born.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 06:25:23 am by aetherist »

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
I am changing my mind re compression of charge field of moving point charge (electron).
I suspect that compression duznt exist.
I suspect that compression has never been proven/tested.
Duzz anyone know of a convincing experiment?
Okay, then you've just thrown Maxwell's equations over board as well.  :-//

The formula for the electric field of a moving charge was first published by Heaviside in 1888 (https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Page%3AElectromagnetic_effects_of_a_moving_charge.djvu/6). It is stated there without proof but you can plug it into Maxwell's equations to see that it is correct. Or you can derive it directly by calculating the retarded potentials and then differentiating them, without ever using a Lorentz transform. It is not particularly difficult but very tedious, so you rarely find it in textbooks. If you want to see all the gory details, you can try to do it yourself (enjoy!) or borrow the old Mason/Weaver book (§57-59) from archive.org (https://archive.org/details/electromagneticf0035maso/mode/2up).
My main point was whether charge compression has ever been tested.
Circular math pseudo proofs are interesting. But is an empirical test even possible?

Earlier i said…..
Purcell's big lie says that after the current is switched on (& while Nick's squirrel is static), there is or should be an electric force (due to length contraction of the train of drifting electrons) – so, to eliminate the unwanted force, Purcell invokes that the negative charges (the drifting electrons) re-arrange themselves (ie spread out), to exactly negate the length contraction effect (before his finger leaves the switch).

What do Maxwell's theories/equations say about Purcell's clever little drifting electrons that spread out along a wire before Purcell's finger has left the switch?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 02:58:11 am by aetherist »

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Quote from: aetherist
Silly Michelson...

...the standard (false)(silly)(Einsteinian Mafia gatekeeper's)...

Purcell's big lie

Purcell uses that there silly lie

some kind of (silly) time dilation effect

Einsteinists are stupid but cunning

the oldendays klumzy klunky air-mode MMXs
This is straight out of Trump's playbook - using political assassination to remove competing theories.
I have not offered a competing theory.
I offer no hypothesis.
I have simply shown that Purcell's STR (Einsteinian) relativistic theory was flawed (ie Nick's youtube is flawed).
And i have explained that all relativistic theories would suffer thems same flaws.
And i have explained the nature of the main flaw (Purcell's need to eliminate the length contraction of his train of newly drifting electrons after he has flicked the switch to ON)(ie his big lie).
And no-one here has bothered to (try to) show that his big lie was not a lie.
The best effort so far has been to mention TRUMP.
What next? – HITLER?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 06:16:22 am by aetherist »

Offline switchabl

• Frequent Contributor
Thanx for the link. I love old books. I will have a good look for buzzwords (i love buzzwords)(but i hate math).

I think this is my cue to leave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf