Author Topic: Thunderf00t airbrushed on Google  (Read 2775 times)

Offline MrMobodiesTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Thunderf00t airbrushed on Google
« on: February 27, 2020, 01:57:56 am »
I just watched his latest video Theranos: BUSTED! and at the end he said Google didn't like him that he is airbrushed and just to search the name.

I didn't notice before but I don't think I have seen anything like this apart from the Google bombs so many years ago and I thought they put a stop to that.

See pictures:

"Is ThunderF00T wrong about Hyperloop?" by Cybrink 11 Mar 2019 with a rating of 26 up and 304 down 3998 views and it is up there in the results.
"youtube.com/watch?v=83RpLIf7bE4"

Edit: Forgot to insert url above and the poster name.

Ontop:
COFFEEJACK (Reposted by Crowd Funding TV) - The Pocket Sized Barista 24nd Feb 2020 73 views 1 up 0 down
"youtube.com/watch?v=3Pz8O0qk5os"

Bottom:
Theranos: BUSTED!  (Premiered) 23nd Feb 2020  308396 views 19000 up 353 down
"youtube.com/watch?v=5tpsoWx7xmY"

I find that suspicious and something might be going on there.

What do you think or is it just coincidence?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 02:24:55 am by MrMobodies »

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: Thunderf00t airbrushed on Google
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 02:15:20 am »
"Is ThunderF00T wrong about Hyperloop?"
What I know for sure is that he is unhealthily obsessed with Hyperloop. Like it's stuck in his butt and does not let him go for years.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 02:37:33 am »
What I know for sure is that he is unhealthily obsessed with Hyperloop. Like it's stuck in his butt and does not let him go for years.

:-DD

I admit Hyperloop is not his only obsession, and his obsessive nature sometimes works against him. But hey who cares. This last "airbrush" event just is additional free advertising for his channel.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 02:43:05 am »

And you are a well known worshiper and defender of Musk so your point is? Pot Kettle much  :-DD
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: maginnovision

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 04:37:41 am »
Same result happens if I google his channel name.
But I think that Google prioritises the words in the title, hence why others videos show up instead of his.
Do the same search "EEVblog youtube" for my videos and you get all me, but I have EEVblog in every title.
A search for some other Youtubers and you do get their videos even though they may not have it in their title.
So  :-//

The following users thanked this post: SiliconWizard, MrMobodies

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 11:18:02 am »
[...] he said Google didn't like him that he is airbrushed and just to search the name.

Could someone explain the meaning of "airbrushed" in this context, please, and ideally provide a couple of references? Google, urban dictionary etc. don't come up with anything that makes sense to me in this context. Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: The Soulman

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 11:26:06 am »

And you are a well known worshiper and defender of Musk so your point is? Pot Kettle much  :-DD
FYI I did not even mention if he is right or wrong about Hyperloop. But he mentions Hyperloop in most of his videos for years. And if it's some debunking video, it's almost given that he will not forget to mention Hyperloop, even if it does not even remotely have anything to do with topic in question. IMHO it's not normal to be obsessed with something to such extent.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:33:01 am by wraper »

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 11:29:56 am »
[...] he said Google didn't like him that he is airbrushed and just to search the name.

Could someone explain the meaning of "airbrushed" in this context, please, and ideally provide a couple of references? Google, urban dictionary etc. don't come up with anything that makes sense to me in this context. Thanks!
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/airbrush-out
Basically remove mentions, photos, documents etc. about someone for whatever reason.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_of_images_in_the_Soviet_Union
(search for the term 'airbrush' on that wiki page)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:31:28 am by daqq »
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

The following users thanked this post: ebastler, MrMobodies

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 11:39:01 am »
Thanks daqq, that makes sense. Learned something today!  ;)

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 11:41:35 am »

FYI I did not even mention if he is right or wrong about Hyperloop. But he mentions Hyperloop in most of his videos for years. And if it's some debunking video, it's 100% given that he will not forget to mention Hyperloop, even if it does not even remotely have anything to do with topic in question. IMHO it's not normal to be obsessed with something to such extent.

Seriously you think throwing random Bar Room crass insults at random Youtubers while you have defended Musk/Tesla/SpaceX etc at every turn in every case even when it was an act of Engineering Idiocy and obvious Marketing  :bullshit: ? : You are every bit as obsessed if not more so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_calling_the_kettle_black

Clearly you have no shame or sense of Irony about calling someone else out for having a view different to the worshiping of your God while ignoring your own obsessive behavior :palm:
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 11:50:03 am »
Clearly you have no shame or sense of Irony about calling someone else out for having a view different to the worshiping of your God while ignoring your own obsessive behavior :palm:
Clearly for you it's like a red cloth for bull when you see something even remotely related to Musk. Also heard about "Ad hominem attack"?

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2020, 12:01:42 pm »

I really don't understand his obsession here.
It is a private project run by private investors.
Let them burn their money if they want!  Clearly they see a future in something like this.
You can start worrying when government subsidies get involved.

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2020, 12:08:48 pm »
I just watched the first "Thunderf00t Hyperloop Busted Busted" videos by one Shane Killian. The one where he assumes that the Hyperloop capsule is massive lump of matter :-D
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 12:17:57 pm »
Clearly for you it's like a red cloth for bull when you see something even remotely related to Musk. Also heard about "Ad hominem attack"?

You are the one who goes the Red Mist whenever he is mentioned and it WAS YOU who attacked him so take your attempts at transference to me and take a look at yourself in the Mirror first.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2020, 02:22:46 am »
FYI I did not even mention if he is right or wrong about Hyperloop. But he mentions Hyperloop in most of his videos for years. And if it's some debunking video, it's almost given that he will not forget to mention Hyperloop, even if it does not even remotely have anything to do with topic in question.

That's one criticism I do have about his content, I'm watching a video on debunking one topic, and BAM, I'll get an extra 5 minutes about Hyperloop. I get where he's coming from trying to compare things, but it doesn't really add any value IMO.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2020, 02:47:05 am »
I think he partially does that to add length to videos. He often reuses footage for many videos. The hyperloop is just so ridiculous his mind seems to go there first and so the video does too.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 02:53:31 am »
I think he partially does that to add length to videos. He often reuses footage for many videos.

I doubt that's the reason. Any Youtuber with a clue knows that the average max attention span is 10-12min, so videos longer than that run the risk of getting lower audience retention stats which impacts your Youtube algorithm score. I just a did a video on this.
I think he does it because he genuinely thinks it reinforces his point about impractical ideas etc.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2020, 05:29:31 am »
Perhaps. As someone who watches his videos I find myself skipping more than half because I've literally seen it before. Some videos seem like 90% old videos. I don't keep close track though so I couldn't pull up any examples right now. He is a youtuber with a fairly large channel but at the same time he's pretty lacking in traditional youtube skills. His videos have got better over time but not to a huge degree considering how long he's been making videos.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2020, 07:05:47 am »
Any Youtuber with a clue knows that the average max attention span is 10-12min, so videos longer than that run the risk of getting lower audience retention stats which impacts your Youtube algorithm score.

Louis Rossman does not and i guess it is either works for him or he does not care  :box:
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2020, 03:09:48 pm »
Any Youtuber with a clue knows that the average max attention span is 10-12min,

The key word there is average. For special interest stuff the audience has a much longer attention span than the average YouBoob consumer just looking for some entertainment. What does the typical Dave video run to, 30, 40 minutes? Yet a lot of us'll watch through the whole thing.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: I wanted a rude username

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2020, 03:24:03 pm »
I just watched the first "Thunderf00t Hyperloop Busted Busted" videos by one Shane Killian. The one where he assumes that the Hyperloop capsule is massive lump of matter :-D

:-DD

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 03:28:16 pm »
Wraper is not alone in thinking that Thunderf00t has an unhealthy obsession with Hyperloop, I agree and I think Musk is a twat so there's no pro-Musk bias here.

Also Thunderf00t has an annoying habit of repeatedly crowing about how he's previously proved someone wrong, sometimes when he has, but also when he patently hasn't. I got so fed up of the self-congratulatory tone that I've stopped watching his stuff.

Perhaps others are also fed up with this self-obsession, hyperloop obsession, and repetitiveness and that is what's hitting his rankings rather than any airbrushing. In fact him making claims that he's being airbrushed by some shadowy enemy smacks more of that self-obsession and a touch of narcissistic paranoia.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 03:29:14 pm »
Anyway, as I hinted earlier, for some reasonably famous Youtuber, getting "airbrushed" (provided that it was indeed intentional, which is dubious here) or otherwise somewhat censored or demonetized can be a minor temporary annoyance for them, but in the end it often results in just more free advertising as they will tend to make videos about it and many of their followers will also relay the information everywhere (as is the case here), giving them even more exposure for free. The victim game works well enough.

And yes, as I also said above, his obsessive and passive/agressive behavior is bound to work against him at times.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2020, 04:34:07 pm »
 ;D Thats the first time I know (not in Person) the Youtuber you talk about here.
It is a private project run by private investors.
Let them burn their money if they want!
Well some University Teams got inwolved.
What I know the German Team was sponsored by the German Gov. in some way.
Thunderf00t has an unhealthy obsession with Hyperloop
Well I am not a Fan either.

Sry outside of the US more serious Passenger Transport System are in use or even in Plan who will work in 99% of the Case. Like in Japan the Upcoming Magnetic Elevating Train.
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf