Author Topic: Torx bit recomendations  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Re: Torx bit recomendations
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2018, 12:27:30 pm »
Only problem is that im also very good what comes to loosing bits all over my yard.
Blame the bitholders, or they have a loosy fit and bits keep missing, or the fit is so tight you almost need to wear gloves to get the bit out.
I prefer the first option , that is why I loose bits in my garage behind or under all kind of stuff. Last year I tore down a cabinet and found a lot of bits under it, all rusted unfortunately.
Hey that is why I recommend the cheaper boxed versions, you get 5, 10 or even 25 spares to last you till the end of the year  :D

Before someone claims I am sloppy, my drills in a 60 piece drill set are after 5 years still complete, and for my precision screwdrivers like the Wiha's also all complete.
It really are the bitholders and probably the cheapness of the bits that make them disappear.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 12:31:16 pm by Kjelt »

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2018, 03:53:55 pm »
Only problem is that im also very good what comes to loosing bits all over my yard.
Blame the bitholders, or they have a loosy fit and bits keep missing, or the fit is so tight you almost need to wear gloves to get the bit out.
I prefer the first option , that is why I loose bits in my garage behind or under all kind of stuff. Last year I tore down a cabinet and found a lot of bits under it, all rusted unfortunately.
Hey that is why I recommend the cheaper boxed versions, you get 5, 10 or even 25 spares to last you till the end of the year  :D

Before someone claims I am sloppy, my drills in a 60 piece drill set are after 5 years still complete, and for my precision screwdrivers like the Wiha's also all complete.
It really are the bitholders and probably the cheapness of the bits that make them disappear.

Haven't lost a bit yet despite twisting screws around them and abusing the poor thing with an impact driver.

(it's a Bosch holder, sorry, couldn't find an image with the label)

E: There we are:

Don't leave home without it. Other sets available. Price may induce tears.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:56:48 pm by Monkeh »

The following users thanked this post: Kjelt

Offline JaspaJami

• Contributor
    • Susijarvi
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2018, 06:01:59 am »
Yep, i also normally buy cheaper one. 25 pieces of T20, T25 and T30 and they last for summer

Offline VgkidTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 05:42:23 am »
Thanks for the replies , I will keep using my dewault ones , until they get lost. :scared:  :palm:
I usually use a drill , anyone used them in a cordless impact?
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf