Author Topic: Trump's trade war with China  (Read 10769 times)

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
Re: Trump's trade war with China
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2018, 10:24:56 pm »

You stated that a large percentage of the total amount gets stolen from you by the EU when you import goods into the EU. This is false, as you consistently ignore that you would also pay VAT when you buy things in the local shop.

Mr Pathetic tries to defend the stealing of 30%/40%/50%/60% because otherwise there is also 21% be stolen.
Clearly defending his de-facto state income.

Bye Mr Pathetic, you lost my attention.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:26:58 pm by Galenbo »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Online Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2018, 10:33:19 pm »
don't drink and EEV
Can we please treat each other with some basic respect? Google simply interpreted it as Japanese yen, rather than Chinese yuan.

If I enter 300 Chinese yuan in the calculator I get roughly 41 euros for the product itself, 12 euros as a fixed fee and 8,70 VAT. The VAT is something you would have paid for local products too and therefore has to be added to the price of the product. This leads to a product price of roughly 50 euros and a fixed free of 12 euros, which means you've paid about 24% over the product price. That's not 26% to 64% and it's paid to the Belgian customs office, not the EU.

As we've already mentioned, the fixed fee is percentually most expensive in the case of small purchases. If you order something more substantial of 3000 yuan the percentage and tariffs drop to a little over 10%. If you something actually substantial of 30000 yuan, the fee and tariffs drops to 4%.

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2018, 10:36:17 pm »
Can we please treat each other with some basic respect?
Mr Pathetic goes suddenly in full victim mode.
The boose made it impossible to remember his own kind of "respect" in the first answers, starting with: "You're apparently one of those types that..."

Still unable to see further than the would-be "differences" between vat/non-vat, country/EU, whatever.

You surely want some last word, I'll keep some place for you here under.
A hint, something basic about "but roads"

Cheers !
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:46:21 pm by Galenbo »
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Online Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2018, 10:41:47 pm »
Mr Pathetic tries to defend the stealing of 30%/40%/50%/60% because otherwise there is also 21% be stolen.
Clearly defending his de-facto state income.

Bye Mr Pathetic, you lost my attention.
Again, basic taxation isn't a Belgian or EU invention. It should be noted that even income tax free nations like the Bahamas tend to levy VAT. Besides, let's be realistic here. You make use of basic services in your country. You use the roads, the police ensures you're safe, you are probably educated and the list goes on. I don't think you really expect these people to work for free, right?

Insulting people when you lose an argument is not a flattering trait.

Offline TheDane

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2018, 10:51:54 pm »
The trick down effect:

The top brass outsources all and everything, and becomes 'rich'.
The middle class loses jobs and income.
The bottom is gone.  :horse:

Time goes by bye, and the top brass figures out greed erroded and corroded all avaliable 'wealth' - no more to 'trick - and no tax income
- so now the acusses start "stolen IP's, no jobs, deficits on trade, etc"

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2018, 11:19:39 pm »
Can we please treat each other with some basic respect?
Mr Pathetic goes suddenly in full victim mode.
The boose made it impossible to remember his own kind of "respect" in the first answers, starting with: "You're apparently one of those types that..."
Perhaps you could do yourself a favour and come up with an example product which get taxed with 64% or leave the discussion alone.
I order lots of stuff overseas as well and as Mr Scram already wrote there are 3 charges: VAT, import duties (in my experience 1.5% at most) and handling charges.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2018, 11:36:24 pm »
Galenbo, if you can't keep it civil then you are not welcome here, personal attacks will get you banned.

Offline Yellofriend

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2018, 06:58:16 am »
I can fully understand that China creates quite a bit of frustration. They push other countries to lower tariffs for their goods, but create very high import barriers for imports into China. Example, currently it's pretty much impossible send anything electronic to China. My solder iron broke, I couldn't send it from HK to China.

A Chinese friend forgot his (well used) phone and had it sent back to China, it got stuck in Chinese customs for 4 month till they finally refused and he managed to send it to my address.

China isn't a by-the-rules-player, and probably never will be.

https://www.innovationfiles.org/top-9-false-promises-that-china-made-in-joining-the-world-trade-organization/
--------------
TVM802C with 2.23Beta2
T962A

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2018, 07:14:26 am »
Galenbo, if you can't keep it civil then you are not welcome here, personal attacks will get you banned.

Let me guess: This is seen as civil, and not as a personal attack AT ALL.

You're apparently one of those types that believes any information that confirms his views is true and anything that opposes it is propaganda or a lie.  :palm: I suggest you travel the world a bit and see how well you're off when you live in the EU compared to almost all other parts of the world. It's certainly not perfect, but it could definitely be a lot worse.

I'm not really feeling like dealing with paranoid nightmares right now. Maybe other forum members are up for it.

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2018, 07:45:28 am »
My solder iron broke, I couldn't send it from HK to China.

A Chinese friend forgot his (well used) phone and had it sent back to China, it got stuck in Chinese customs for 4 month till they finally refused and he managed to send it to my address.

You didn't do it the Chinese way. The Chinese way is to declare a fake CN22 as new commercial sample, and Chinese customs will not ask questions.

The following users thanked this post: BravoV

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2018, 07:57:14 am »

You didn't do it the Chinese way. The Chinese way is to declare a fake CN22 as new commercial sample, and Chinese customs will not ask questions.

Thank you, noted, this might be useful someday.  :-+

Offline Yellofriend

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2018, 08:02:23 am »

Yeah, I know, honesty is my weak point.

But seriously, I use SF Express, and everything that goes into China will be physically checked by them - and refused if it's electronics, or other banned items. I hand carried it to China and send it from Shenzhen to the factory for repair then.

--------------
TVM802C with 2.23Beta2
T962A

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2018, 08:07:12 am »
But seriously, I use SF Express, and everything that goes into China will be physically checked by them - and refused if it's electronics, or other banned items. I hand carried it to China and send it from Shenzhen to the factory for repair then.

SF ships electronics to and from and within China. SF doesn't ship used ones as such are considered hazardous goods or eWaste. You can just put on a new protective film and tell the SF guys that it is a new one.

There is a bit of political background. Currently, Chinese government is banning the importing of all sorts of eWaste since late 2017.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2018, 08:09:36 am »
Currently, Chinese government is banning the importing of all sorts of eWaste since late 2017.

I guess those Chinese GPSDOs will eventually dry up ?

Online all_repair

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2018, 08:15:52 am »

Yeah, I know, honesty is my weak point.

What kind of iron that caused you pain from China?  Because I can't imagine the problem you are having.  The western or Japanese branded are more costly to buy inside China, and the other value-for-money China irons are hardly worth the trouble to send back.  Load up the spare parts, and they would cause less than the troubles and the shipping back.

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2018, 08:16:21 am »

Maybe. Some of them come from domestic retired 3G/2G telecom devices, so they should keep for a while.
Also, the most failed part of Chinese politicians is that whenever they try to ban anything, it only annoys law abiding citizens and those who are determined to violate the laws still can find a way out.
There still ways to get used electronics to China, just at higher cost. They won't be able to get boatloads of eWaste, but they can still disassemble the valuable parts in original country and only smuggle them to China.
As long as Shenzhen remains the world's electronic supermarket, there will be a way to get things in.

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
  • M0UAW
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2018, 08:23:50 am »
Currently, Chinese government is banning the importing of all sorts of eWaste since late 2017.

From China, probably, they'll just move elsewhere though as long as they're still being put out as surplus/e-waste and still saleable but I seem to remember reading that they'll dry up anyway (this could be very badly mis-remembered so don't shoot) because some of the newer xG technologies have either far less stringent timing requirements or they are able to get their timing from 'the network'.
M0UAW

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2018, 08:32:16 am »
because some of the newer xG technologies have either far less stringent timing requirements or they are able to get their timing from 'the network'.

Yep. I remembered the gold time (~2010) when FE5680 were just 250 CNY on Taobao. Not anymore.
I was hoping to get an SA33m or SA45c just for collection, but I think I'm not getting them cheaply, used, any time soon.

Offline Yellofriend

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2018, 08:43:14 am »

SF ships electronics to and from and within China.....

Nope, no electronics of any type from HK to CN via SF. Often I got something for China. Asked them often, the refused often. Need to do the smuggle route, there are some special forwarders for that.

What kind of iron that caused you pain from China?

It was was one of those vacuum de-solder irons that gave up after 1 week of use. I got it back repaired, but it still sucks, not in the way it should though. I think it was around rmb 500 or so. Hakko will be 1000+ in China.
--------------
TVM802C with 2.23Beta2
T962A

Offline blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics Guy
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2018, 08:47:14 am »
Nope, no electronics of any type from HK to CN via SF.

The wall is getting taller.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2018, 09:11:47 am »

Let me guess: This is seen as civil, and not as a personal attack AT ALL.

You're apparently one of those types that believes any information that confirms his views is true and anything that opposes it is propaganda or a lie.  :palm: I suggest you travel the world a bit and see how well you're off when you live in the EU compared to almost all other parts of the world. It's certainly not perfect, but it could definitely be a lot worse.

I'm not really feeling like dealing with paranoid nightmares right now. Maybe other forum members are up for it.
It was said in civilized manner and without calling names. If you cannot see the difference, my condolences to you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf